Nostalgia -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Who Cooks

Executive Chef
3 minutes late, never mind

problem with topics like this, I knew the name of the character not the actor, had to google the character to get the actor, have a very slow Internet connection (often requires retry, retry, retry) and by the time I get back the topic is already solved

I used to watch him on TV back when TV screens were almost round

Last edited:
This is the only Topper I knew about:

images

imgres

If you say the character name, Andy will say you won...'cuz I'm being a brat.
Well maybe I should have gone with it.

This is the only Topper I knew about:

images

imgres
I'm pretty sure that's a movie remake of the old TV program. I'm too lazy to google it but I'm pretty sure the TV series was late 50s or early 60s.

We had really good TV programs then but the TV sets were really crappy. Now we have really good TV sets but the programs are really crappy.

For those of you who weren't alive then, our main TV set was several sizes smaller than any of you younglings would consider even for a bedroom TV.

They had plots and characters then. Now we have big screen and special effects and good music, and never mind if there is any plot. Guns!!!

Last edited:
William Boyd place Hopalong Cassidy.

The next photo was the TV show Topper and Ann Jeffries played the female part. Robert Sterling played the male. And Leo G Carroll played Topper. Ann and Robert werd tqo ghosts that died in a car crash and came back to drive Cosmo Topper crazy. He was the only one who could see and talk to them. I loved this show.

William Boyd place Hopalong Cassidy.

The next photo was the TV show Topper and Ann Jeffries played the female part. Robert Sterling played the male. And Leo G Carroll played Topper. Ann and Robert werd tqo ghosts that died in a car crash and came back to drive Cosmo Topper crazy. He was the only one who could see and talk to them. I loved this show.
I loved that show too. Don't forget the Saint-Bernard who came back as ghost with a drinking problem. :LOL:

I think Pancho was the Cisco Kid's sidekick.

Gabby Hayes was Hoppy's pal.

You're right Andy. I can hear him now. Ceesco, What Pancho? They were both on Saturday morning.

Johhny Mack Brown was another western star that had a show on Saturday mornings.

Does anyone remember the name of Roy's jeep?
I didn't remember that Roy Rogers' jeep had a name. I do remember seeing, in my high school parking lot, a jeep that said "Roy Rogers Ranch" on the side. I think his boys went to my high school. I don't know why they didn't go to high school in Simi Valley. Maybe there wasn't one back in the '60s.

Yeah, that's exactly right! I loved the TV program. It's quite likely I watched the TV series when it was in original production.

@TL (my quote messed up "Greg, that is actually the old TV series, 1953-1955, based on the 1937 movie of the same name. ") I never knew the TV program was from a '30s movie. Funny how things change so much but they still remain the same.

Whoever posts the first correct answer should get to pose the next conundrum. That's how these topics work. The correct answer should be obvious to all, although public pressure can be brought when there is any disagreement. :)

I'm not keeping track of the most recent correct answer. I'll volunteer for providing off topic nostalgic comments. :)

Why don't we create an Off Topic Nostalgia Thread of it's own and keep the game thread cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom