Not only that..but the muscle is shortening!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VeraBlue said:
I'm not a last row kinda girl.. Hey, can I sit in the 'differently abled' seats now??

Of course you're not that kinda girl. But you could try for a handicapped parking permit at the shops.............

mudbug said:
Of course you're not that kinda girl. But you could try for a handicapped parking permit at the shops.............

ha! I already park in the spots that are 'reserved for pregnant women or people with small children'.

Why, you may ask...? Because those spots never existed when I was doing my own two ton tina impersonation, or when I was swaggering two toddlers around. I resent the fact that someone got a bright idea 15 years too late.:ermm:

I agree. The worst part of daughter's babyhood for me was wrestling her in and out of that wretched car seat. A short walk to my destination would have helped.

Back in the day, Mom just left all of us in the car. You'd have DCS down on you like white on rice if anyone tried that now.

Vera and mudbug, you made my day. I'm sitting here LMAO because I do the same thing! I figure if anyone wants to complain about my parking there I can take a pregnant woman. :LOL:

ROTFL! :ROFLMAO:

Not at your situation, Vera, but as mentioned, how you have spun it as well as the responses are a hoot!

I just recently heard a quote from Wynonna Judd from her mom Naomi, in regards to "normal."

"Normal is just a cycle on the washing machine."

Ain't that the truth!

I hope the pain eases for you soon!

For some reason, I suddenly have Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers in my head . . . . . .

"But let me get to the point, Let's roll another joint, And turn the radio loud; I'm too alone to be proud! You don't know how it feels, You don't know how it feels to be me..." :whistling

hey, no bogarts. :cool:

vb, you have made my day also. too freakin' funny.

i liked philso's responses too. i knew a guy that had 1 arm shorter than the other, from a cyst growing in his shoulder when we were kids. he ended up being the best trumpet player you've ever seen.

make lemonade, baby!

go get that handicapped permit, then put it in the window of a rasied f-250 with 30 inch rims. and use the airhorn if someone tries to take your handicapped spot.

VeraBlue said:
ha! I already park in the spots that are 'reserved for pregnant women or people with small children'.

Why, you may ask...? Because those spots never existed when I was doing my own two ton tina impersonation, or when I was swaggering two toddlers around. I resent the fact that someone got a bright idea 15 years too late.:ermm:

I did this once as I was in a desperate hurry...........I had a baggy coat on so no one was the wiser. Felt guilty for a short time but then thought ..... they owed me for not having it when I was pregnant and my kids were small.

BigDog said:
ROTFL! :ROFLMAO:

Not at your situation, Vera, but as mentioned, how you have spun it as well as the responses are a hoot!

I just recently heard a quote from Wynonna Judd from her mom Naomi, in regards to "normal."

"Normal is just a cycle on the washing machine."

Ain't that the truth!

I hope the pain eases for you soon!

For some reason, I suddenly have Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers in my head . . . . . .

"But let me get to the point, Let's roll another joint, And turn the radio loud; I'm too alone to be proud! You don't know how it feels, You don't know how it feels to be me..." :whistling

And what makes the washing machine so sure...???

SizzlininIN said:
I did this once as I was in a desperate hurry...........I had a baggy coat on so no one was the wiser. Felt guilty for a short time but then thought ..... they owed me for not having it when I was pregnant and my kids were small.

Those 'pregnant' spots are not legally dedicated to pregnant woman, either. They are more of a courtesy than anything else. No one could fine you for using it without benefit of bambino. I wonder when they'll come up with the parking places for sugarplums who'll melt in the rain if they get wet.

VeraBlue said:
... I wonder when they'll come up with the parking places for sugarplums who'll melt in the rain if they get wet.

oh great, now you've gone and done it. i expect i'll have to cross-dress and get some implants if i hope to find a parking space next time i'm back in the states.

thanks soo much. i've never been able to drive responsibly in heels!! :glare:

no wink on this one!

Only a dollar? That's some sacrifice you're asking for. Especially when you take the cost of philso's flight into account. Sounds like it ought to cost you an arm and a leg, short ones of course!

Snoop Puss said:
Only a dollar? That's some sacrifice you're asking for. Especially when you take the cost of philso's flight into account. Sounds like it ought to cost you an arm and a leg, short ones of course!
:bangin::bangin::bangin:very very funny!!

I love this thread. Vera, you have brought the smart arses out of the woodwork in a big way here!

Back
Top Bottom