"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey, KE, I'm a Gemini, too! I like the description, so I like to think it describes me But I don't believe in astrology, either. I read the daily horoscope for fun, but I think if one were to do a well-designed study, one would find that there's no relationship between birthdate and personality.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Some of what is written seems correct, or sort of right on.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I'm a Leo pretty much right on as far as being over bearing, loud and opinionated but fiercely loyal and I always stand up for the person who can't defend themselves. Generous to a fault.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
Master Chef

I'm an Aquarius, through and through.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #15
Executive Chef

I am Aquarius, also Constance. If this is true, John McEnroe and I are supposedly the same personality. Born on same day. I do get upset like he does and I do agree with the calls he makes.

Strange: most of my friends that are still married were born in the same month. Must mean something about getting along. Anyone know about this fact?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Boy, if i'm not true to my sign, no one is. But not quite as extreme. I was an 8 month baby because I HAD TO be born under Scorpio. At least according to the site you all have posted.
It says my favorite color is dark red to maroon - true
Then why is my birthstone Opal? I hate opal. Too wishy-washy. Love the Ruby!
And the famous people list - it makes sense and wasn't too surprised and proud too, to have them in my sign. Some I'd like to kick out!
Long before the computer age;
I was told many, many years ago, by someone who's life and profession was all about astrology, to stay away from it. They were dead serious to the point of scaring me half to death. She did a reading on me. Sign, date, time of birth, names etc. It took weeks and I considered her a friend, so I don't think she was pulling my leg. She believed it, so I believed her, so I have stayed away. Spooky.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I'm a Leo pretty much right on as far as being over bearing, loud and opinionated but fiercely loyal and I always stand up for the person who can't defend themselves. Generous to a fault.
Oh I just knew I liked you for a reason, we Lions gotta stick together. People are often asking me to be their voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Boy, if i'm not true to my sign, no one is. But not quite as extreme. I was an 8 month baby because I HAD TO be born under Scorpio. At least according to the site you all have posted.
It says my favorite color is dark red to maroon - true
Then why is my birthstone Opal? I hate opal. Too wishy-washy. Love the Ruby!
Well I am supposed to love rubies and to me, they're okay, but right now no lie here, I am wearing, like I always do, two opal rings. I ADORE opals!And there's nothing wishy/washy about me
Old 05-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Lefselover, I didn't say people. I meant color. I like bold color. Plus I'm told not to get them wet. And as much as a scorpion is desert, I love water.
Too much trouble and fussiness for me.

Someone has to like them, why not you. Different strokes!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Leo, 19 August '58

Last time I looked at the personality traits I was in my later teens. They were close enough.

The last time I actually looked for the horoscope in the paper I was ... in my teens.

To my way if thinking for Astrology to have validity I would have to believe in predetermined destiny and that free will does not exist, that I have no choice in my thoughts and actions.

Not to say I don't believe in things cosmic and the metaphysical, I just don't believe in astrology.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
Oh I just knew I liked you for a reason, we Lions gotta stick together.

Actually we are not suppose to be able to get along.

Would explain Wife and I, She 06 Aug, me 19 Aug, Both '58.