Not that any of us believes in Astrology, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
...if you did, what would it say about you and your astrological sign?
is it true to you and who and what you are?
or is it completely wrong?
what sign do you fall under?
gad I feel like this is a bar pick up line.:LOL:

I don't really believe in any of it myself. I more think that it is environmental as well as the time of year you're borne and your birth order.

But having said that, I feel as though I fall into the definition of what a person borne under my sign is like.

How bout you? And if you participate, please explain why it is applicable to you.

Not a believer in it myself. I use to, but things have happened that have changed my view point on that. But it can be entertaining at times.

Interesting story: one day while I was at work, a couple of the women on my shift were reading the horoscopes out of the paper. They had gathered together in the one place in the room that caused an impediment to foot traffic, forcing me to sidle along the wall to get from one side to the other. As I inched along, the thermostat caught me right in the middle of my back on one of my never-quite-healed scars, causing me to vocalize about my discomfort. Around this time, they got down to reading my horoscope which began, "Things are going on behind your back..." It was a weird coincidence, but seeing as how it's wrong way more than it has ever been right, I have as much credence for Astrology as I do for any other religion.

I think it's really just for fun, but like Katie, most Taurus descriptions I've seen do manage to be pretty right on for me.

I am not even close to being what they say an aries is. I am not a leader of the pack and I hate new things, basically shy. I'm not an aggressive or bold person. Although it is kind of interesting to read the paper at then end of the day and have my horoscope be right.

100% dead on for me...I believe in it. I've charted horoscopes for quite a few people that have turned out the same...100%.

I wasn't referring to horoscopes, being right on. I don't read those as they're never ever right. Not for my family members either. I think they're a shot in the very ''dark'' dark. I've only ever read one magazine that was anywhere remotely close. If you ever see a Town and Country even at a news stand, pick it up briefly just to read your horoscope. You may be surprised.

As for friends that I've met over the years with my same birth sign, or even weirder, my same exact birth date, we are not close in personality. I've had a few friends over the years that share my birthday and have told them, "You need to talk to your mother cause she lied to you about your birth date.":LOL:
Polar opposites.

Anyone ever watch Montel to see Silvia Brown on there? I know this is off subject but I think she shoots in the dark and hopes to land 'anywhere' with her predictions about people. She is so vague, she could be talking about anyone.

gemini: Understanding Your Sun Sign - astrology.com

Some is right on and some are soooooooooooooo not me. I am not a talker - I don't even like to chit chat on the phone and I'm no good in crowds "getting to know" people. More the the latter stuff is so me it's even frustrating to see it in writing!!

I'd have to read other signs to see if Gemini comes closer to being me than any of the others.

Hey, KE, I'm a Gemini, too! I like the description, so I like to think it describes me ;) But I don't believe in astrology, either. I read the daily horoscope for fun, but I think if one were to do a well-designed study, one would find that there's no relationship between birthdate and personality.

:)I'm a Leo pretty much right on as far as being over bearing, loud and opinionated but fiercely loyal and I always stand up for the person who can't defend themselves. Generous to a fault.

I am Aquarius, also Constance. If this is true, John McEnroe and I are supposedly the same personality. Born on same day. I do get upset like he does and I do agree with the calls he makes.

Strange: most of my friends that are still married were born in the same month. Must mean something about getting along. Anyone know about this fact?

Boy, if i'm not true to my sign, no one is. But not quite as extreme. I was an 8 month baby because I HAD TO be born under Scorpio. At least according to the site you all have posted.
It says my favorite color is dark red to maroon - true
Then why is my birthstone Opal? I hate opal. Too wishy-washy. Love the Ruby!
And the famous people list - it makes sense and wasn't too surprised and proud too, to have them in my sign. Some I'd like to kick out!
Long before the computer age;
I was told many, many years ago, by someone who's life and profession was all about astrology, to stay away from it. They were dead serious to the point of scaring me half to death. She did a reading on me. Sign, date, time of birth, names etc. It took weeks and I considered her a friend, so I don't think she was pulling my leg. She believed it, so I believed her, so I have stayed away. Spooky.

Last edited:
:)I'm a Leo pretty much right on as far as being over bearing, loud and opinionated but fiercely loyal and I always stand up for the person who can't defend themselves. Generous to a fault.
Oh I just knew I liked you for a reason, we Lions gotta stick together. People are often asking me to be their voice.

Boy, if i'm not true to my sign, no one is. But not quite as extreme. I was an 8 month baby because I HAD TO be born under Scorpio. At least according to the site you all have posted.
It says my favorite color is dark red to maroon - true
Then why is my birthstone Opal? I hate opal. Too wishy-washy. Love the Ruby!
Well I am supposed to love rubies and to me, they're okay, but right now no lie here, I am wearing, like I always do, two opal rings. I ADORE opals!And there's nothing wishy/washy about me;)

Lefselover, I didn't say people. I meant color. I like bold color. Plus I'm told not to get them wet. And as much as a scorpion is desert, I love water.
Too much trouble and fussiness for me.

Someone has to like them, why not you. Different strokes!

Leo, 19 August '58

Last time I looked at the personality traits I was in my later teens. They were close enough.

The last time I actually looked for the horoscope in the paper I was ... in my teens.

To my way if thinking for Astrology to have validity I would have to believe in predetermined destiny and that free will does not exist, that I have no choice in my thoughts and actions.

Not to say I don't believe in things cosmic and the metaphysical, I just don't believe in astrology.

Back
Top Bottom