Now Isaac Hayes has died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is not really just like Wikipedia. It is a bit more complicated then just editing like can be done on Wiki. Edits are for people in the industry to do, not for the general public. If I am not mistaken, additions need to be approved which is why it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks before the submissions will go live on the site.

In any event, we have strayed from the topic of the thread. This should be about Isaac Hayes.

I only saw the info on Wikipedia which I don't ever believe because I know people who edit Wiki. Where did you see it?

Callisto, looks like you need some new sources. This was on MSN.com.

Both Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes appear in 'Soul Men'

By LISA SWAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Monday, August 11th 2008, 1:16 PM
Is "Soul Men" cursed?
The upcoming comedy, set to be released in November, features both comedian Bernie Mac and singer Isaac Hayes, who died within one day of each other this weekend. And eerily enough, the movie's plot is about death.
In "Soul Men," a rhythm-and-blues band reunites 20 years after their acrimonious breakup following the death of the band's lead singer. Samuel L. Jackson and Bernie Mac play the group's two main members, while Isaac Hayes portrays himself.
The movie's plot, with battling egos, appears to resemble the relationship between real-life singers Sam Moore and Dave Prater. The movie's title comes from "Soul Man," one of the hit songs Hayes co-wrote for Sam and Dave.
Dimension Films is still set to release "Soul Men" November 14. But will moviegoers want to see a film which has so many morbid overtones?
"Three days ago it sounded like a fantastic idea for a film," writes Josh Tyler of www.cinemablend.com. "Now, it seems almost too sad to watch. Buying a ticket to Soul Men could end up feeling like you're purchasing a seat at someone's funeral."
Note to Samuel L. Jackson - be careful out there.

I checked MSNBC, CNN, ET, and, at the time of my original post, IMDB. I think I checked enough legitimate sources before finding the info ONLY on Wikipedia. Do you have an actual link to the MSN story?

Looks like you're still doubting it even after I copied and pasted the story direct from MSN. The story is on their site. Just click on Bernie Mac's picture. It may be too late now since this appeared a couple of days ago. Trust MSN. It's a legitimate story. KitchenElf was able to find it too.

Thanks Kitchenelf. I tend to be a skeptic unless I actually read the story on the site. Just been duped one time too many.

We all could feel that way if we wanted, Callisto. But you have to choose not to, to make your life quality, and ask yourself more often than not, "how important is it really", and, " is it more important to be right" or "is it more important to put some things aside and get along?"

As a true and thru Scorpio, this has been the battle of my life. But Thank God, either age, or wisdom.... and just plain dang tired of being rebellious, I finally hear my mother (she is no longer living) telling me when I was 6 yrs. old, "choose your battles."
But you know what... most of those battles, weren't.
They were my attitude, or my own imaginings.

We all could feel that way if we wanted, Callisto. But you have to choose not to, to make your life quality, and ask yourself more often than not, "how important is it really", and, " is it more important to be right" or "is it more important to put some things aside and get along?"
How important is it to know the truth? 1000% important. I don't believe what people say just because they say it, I want proof. There's nothing wrong with that. If we didn't have proof we could believe those spam emails where someone says they'll give up money when they won't. There's nothing wrong with asking for proof. Having proof does make life better otherwise you'll own a lot of property with no deed to be able to build on it.

Yup. Missing the point of "CHOOSING YOUR BATTLES".

Seems sense of family here is lost on you.
It's not you vs. EVERYONE ELSE, ALL THE TIME.

The thread was what it was and then it became 3 actors in a film together and your disbelief. Why would anyone con you? And even if they were mistaken, it would have been done innocently enough. But they weren't mistaken. But you just don't give it up.
So, then what it does is make you the important one, at least to you, not the original issue.
Ego fed. I'm done.

OMG! You are so right! Yiks, I hope that's not a bad omen. How come no one picked up on that till now? Thanks for that, Lefselover. You're on the ball, girl.
But still love the song.
The only other tune I can think of is 'Shaft'.

{{{QS}}}, I knew it was Richie Havens.:-p Didn't want to come across as being a know it all so asked my darling hub last night when he finally got home.
"Honey, in Woodstock, who sang Freedom?"
"Richie Havens."
"Could it have been Isaac Hayes?"
"He could have sung it somewhere else, but you asked about Woodstock."
I remember seeing Woodstock and seeing RH do it.
I also remember, so true to form, his teeth were, um, not present:huh:

Back
Top Bottom