Now that's a healthy meal! (not...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
Vera, please don't tell me you're one of those people who, when you ask, "How are you?", you reply, "I'm well, thanks."

Yes, it's more correct grammatically (most of us aren't that "good" all the time, except for Eric Clapton and Mother Teresa and so forth), but criminee, we're talkin' conversational English here!

I wrangle with written English every day, in which precision and clarity are rather important (just ask our clients who are complying with some EPA rule), but I am less fastidious when it comes to jabbering with my acquaintances.

When they ask me to give a speech at the UN, I'll be a little more careful in my rhetorical choices.

Actually, I say "I'm well, thank you, and yourself?":-p C'mon though...you still gotta love me, right??

Do let me say I love you, all! I've always found the art of conversation worth pursuing, as a master would preen over his painting or sculpture.

I love my mother, but she's the female versison of Archie Bunker. It's so disturbing:ermm:......

I raised the "healthy" vs "healthful" useage some time ago with a newspaper grammar columnist.

I was told that healthy was now acceptable and to deal with it.

By the way, I am well. How are you (doing)?

Andy M. said:
I raised the "healthy" vs "healthful" useage some time ago with a newspaper grammar columnist.

I was told that healthy was now acceptable and to deal with it.

By the way, I am well. How are you (doing)?

I am (doing) quite well, thank you for asking. ;)

Back
Top Bottom