October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I am so happy it is October. Not just because it is my birthday month, I LOVE October. The changing of the seasons, the whole autumn atmosphere. The smell is wonderful and the colors are gorgeous..not to mention Halloween! The spirit of October just captures me.

Anyone else? What month do you like and why?

I was born in October too but I am sad to see summer end. I don't like what follows October, too much grayness. I think my favorite month is June, the start of summer, everything is green, flowers are in bloom and it is not too hot.

I love October, for the same reasons you mentioned (other than the birthday--mine is in November).

My favorite month would have to be December. Actually, to be more accurate, my favorite period of time is from a few days before Thanksgiving through Christmas. I am totally (I'm talking TOTALLY) into the whole Thanksgiving/Christmas season.

:)Barbara

Same here, birthday month and welcoming fall, my favorite season. Even though I love to see the leaves change and I can't get thet here like I did in NJ, it's still my favorite.

bunch of birthdays in my family. Sister -Oct 1 , Son Oct 13th, hubby- Oct 28th , hubby's grand daughter Oct 30th.

Gray skies, soggy ground, never know what kind of coat to grab.....
What's not to love? :wacko:
The two or three sunny days we get this month though will be enjoyed... immensely.... trying to get in one last mow ;)

I hate the interim between dry ground and frozen ground. Sorry :mellow:

great thread.
me & october disagree, thogh,...
i ADORE Christmas. togetherness, december, snow angels, decorations, stockings, coziness, 'a Christmas Story', scent of Christmas wind (often with snowflakes), giving/recieving gifts.
i adore giving.
sigh, only 2 more months till Christmas.
i'm uncertain.. Pap's passing may mean dinner at my Parent's instead of his dinner. that's saddening.
other than that, i love holiday season.

I love the fall here in NE. Crisp, cool days. However, I hate what is to follow. Cold, grey, barren days wearing shoes, boots, coats, sweaters, layers. Yuk.

I'm pretty spoiled her in the Central Coast region of Cali, but there IS something special about October... our seasons are so subtle, but we can get Indian Summer days where you can still have the most glorious day on a deserted beach (kids back in school, tourists gone). It will get "chilly" at night (don't laugh! chilly for us = less than 65 degrees!) so I usually have a sweater or lite jacket in the car...as well as my bikini, flip flops and beach chair! The light changes, the shadows become longer... it is a lovely month, indeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom