Odd, odd news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In one of my hobbyist forums I used the tag line, "I am a fourteen year old female cheerleader. I portray an old biker in the forums."

Joking is fun, but when does the therapy lapse into illness, and how will the eventful cognitive dissonance damage that person. Would it have been better to deal with the issue up front as a first treatment?

I agree Chico.

GB, I could see its possible use in therapy, with a psychiatrist or other professional after the loss of a child, miscarriage, etc. But the thought of just using it as a substitute for a baby, without dealing with the real issues, as Chico said, does bother me.

:)Barbara

This is quite an interesting thread to read, by the way, I think with the poser issue it depends on how you see people, I have just started to learn how to cook things, and I'm not expert at all, but would that make someone a poser? I don't think I'd call myself a proper chef or cook (yet! ;))

Back to the main thing I agree that it is a bit odd, I think it's okay as long as they realise the doll isn't real.

Lynd, a "poser" is someone who deliberately fakes his credentials. It's a disgrace in just about any circle.

I don't know what they call it in cooking, but to bikers you're a "newb," or a "newbie."

There is no disrepect for a newb. In fact, to walk up to an old veteran and say "teach me" shows the most sincere form of respect for that lifestyle.

Look, I'm a newb here. The most rudimentary forms of epicurean festoonery would die an agonizing death in the simple passing of my shadow.

I rub knives with a wet rock. That in no way implies I actually know how to use the beast.

Back
Top Bottom