Odd, odd news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whole thing creeped me out, but especially being able to have one made to look like a baby who died, etc. Also the fact that these people are bringing them out in public as if they are real. What is happening to people? I repeat, sick.

:huh:Barbara

Yup.
I was going to go to bed, but can't with those pics on my mind.
I think i'll have some milk and a brownie instead.
Not kidding. My mind doesn't know how to file this quite yet, so TV & brownie is all I can come up with.

Well the site now says the video content is unavailable - so they must have pulled it. If you are talking about the realistic dolls - one of the parents at my pre school has two and quite amazing they are - they look too real and we don't really like them. They are also hugely expensive.

Miniman, these are more than just realistic looking. They look like they are breathing and really look like real babies. The thing that is sick is that adults are buying these things and pretending they have a real baby. The video includes an interview with a psycologist (or something similar) who goes into some of the possible damaging ramifications of this.

:neutral:Barbara

Miniman, I just checked the link and it's ok over here.
Sorry you can't link to it, but you seem to have a general idea.
Barbara's correct. The story says the chest moves up and down, and you can feel/hear a faint heartbeat.

Who can say this is perfectly normal for an adult?
What possible pain can this be curing? What, you just outgrow it later, when you feel better? I'm confused.

Kind of weird that during the whole interview, both the DOCTOR and the INTERVIEWER referred to the dolls as "babies", until near the end when the interviewer caught herself saying it.

I strongly believe that we are going to see more and more of this kind of thing in the future.

Lee

One of the best things about babies is that they GROW UP! It is fascinating to watch a child develop so I can't imagine having a perpetual newborn.

These sound really weird so I'm not going to click the link, but what's the difference between childrens realish dolls which go toilet and breathe and these things, other than they look real?

I strongly believe that we are going to see more and more of this kind of thing in the future.
Lee

Why do you think that, Lee?

One of the best things about babies is that they GROW UP!

I know some husbands (Exs) that haven't. LOL!
but what's the difference between childrens realish dolls which go toilet and breathe and these things, other than they look real?

CHILDREN!

Back
Top Bottom