"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Good for you! You go girl, and I know you will. I know what you mean about pre-reqs - I had two more left when we moved (I was going for dental hygiene). From what I remember, the pre-reqs for both RN and Dental Hygience were the same. Time to start studying!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Best of luck to you Sizz! I'm sure you'll be much happier being an RN and you'll have so many more job opportunities! My mom has been an RN in the ER for over 25 years. I think it's a rough job but very rewarding! And I have an aunt who is an RN in Labor & Delivery. Keep us posted!

Old 06-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Way to go Sizz,
the nursing world has just gained a winner..I'm already thinking of all the people who will benefit just from meeting you.Good luck and keep in touch..
kadesma
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #14
Master Chef

Thanks again everyone! I went yesterday and took that math placement test. I think I did ok on the general math but then she asked if I wanted to take the algebra placement test and I said sure but give me the easiest one (Elementary Algebra). it was looking at foreign material. I just had to guess on 95% of them. I didn't do well with algebra back in high school. I took it many years ago for a summer class in college and had a wonderful teacher and it all clicked and I ended up getting an A in that class. However, that was like probably 13 to 14 years ago so none of it stuck. I'll find out my results tomorrow though. Fingers crossed......I already booked me into Basic Algebra so I hope I don't have to take anything lower than that. Oh well once I get back into the math class it'll all start coming back I'm sure.