"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if I am saying something that has already been said.

My question to you is the job with your friend you say will be available next year as well. Is that true if you do not take his job this year or is that only true if you work for him this year? If you still can get that job regardless then if it were me I would seriously consider job number one. I am separated from my wife so I know what you are going through with seeing your daughter. For me, how often I see my kids would be one of the top considerations. Although it sounds like with either job you should do OK on that front. I would lean towards job 1 because if job 2 is for your friend then unless he desperately needs you, you could take 1 and use 2 as a backup without hurtung either you or your friend.
First of all, thanks for your opinion. I do appreciate it.
If I pass on my friends offer, he will have to fill my boots. He needs an assistant to complete the work he has taken on for the season. So, my job will be gone there. He has no choice in the matter. I respect, and understand that.
Right now, I do see my daughter almost every day, for a couple of hours I come to the house regularly to clean snow, walk the dog, cut the grass, or just hang out, etc. It is a big place and I am happy to do it and have continued to do it since the separation. So, sometimes it seems like I still live there. She also comes and goes with me at her leisure.
Job 2 on the other hand, I will have complete weekends to plan some extended outings and visits.
For this reason I am probably going to take the carpentry job. I was settled on the first job and was psyced about it, but now with the second offer, I have to really gather my thoughts and think how it will affect me and others who depend on me. Not to mention, down the road when winter comes and I may be off for another season.

Now that you all know my personal buisness, thanks for chiming in.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

It is a tough decision, but it sounds like you have two very decent options, which is rare these days. Good luck with whichever you pick.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Rocky mate I did not want to comment before, I think you have made the right choice.