Offended by Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDP

Senior Cook
Is anyone else as fed up with all these people who are filing law suits because they are offended by a Christmas tree? Not to be a religious zelot, but I am very tired of this and it happens every year. The Seattle airport now has to remove all the Christmas trees because they don't have the money to spend on threatened law suits if they weren't removed. Instead of Merry Christmas the term Happy Holidays has replaced it in many retail stores. I don't Holiday shop, I Christmas shop and I don't shop in the stores that fail to recognize that fact. Walmart changed it's position from last year and are now supporting Christmas by name. I feel I would hate to offend a company by buying Christmas presents at their stores with dollars that are inprinted with "In God We Trust" on them. I am not offended by a Menora or if some one was to tell me Happy Chanuka, Happy Kwensa or Happy Ramadan. If we live in a world worried about offending someone it will be a very grey world instead of celebrating the brilliant colors that all cultures bring to the table. It's kind of like cooking... If your always trying to please everyone you will end up with a steak cooked medium, seasoned with only salt and pepper and some plain steamed veggies for the vegetarians in the crowd.

Live like you mean it and Merry Christmas,

JDP

Political correctness can be irritating. Retailers must do what they see as best for their markets. Its tough not to feel persecuted, but we must all do our best.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions BUT this is one of those hot button topics that gently touches on religion and politics and so I am going to leave your post, but close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom