Offenders live near You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasTamale

Senior Cook
This is a great website to allow you to determine if S** offenders live near you. You can access their current address, as well as a photo of them and a list their offenses. It may surprise you how many live near you. This is a free website and there is nothing to download. To those of you who live in California, this map is not yet available to you but it will be soon so bookmark it for later use.

http://map***offenders.com/
(you have to manually put in the word "S**" in the address...it erased the word in the link automatically)

There's one right up the road from us...
but, it's the ones that WE don't know about
that worry me.

We don't even have kids, but hubby looked it up. For what it is worth, so did our local law enforcement agencies, and immediately spotted that the offender wasn't realy living where he said he was (he'd given a parent's address but was not living there). The guy's back in jail now (for parole violation, not molestation, the neighborhood caught him). Small towns do pay off, but you can make your own neighborhood a small town by paying attention to this stuff. Catch the guys before they do it again.

There are 28 living in Liberty.

Also, if you do a search for your states *** offenders, it will bring up a list of sites where they are listed. (SC *** offenders is what I searched.)

Tried this last night, but couldn't find any in our town, nor in the neighboring towns, and thought maybe I'm not using the website right. A bit more than 5 years ago, the man across the street from our house was arrested on child molestation charges. He had 5 children of his own, and was a police officer, to boot. He had coached his daughter's soccer team, and gained access to her friends. Their house was a popular hang-out for a lot of teen-agers. Funny enough, I never used to let my girls go over there, things just seemed a little to loose - at the time my girls were around the ages of 11, 13 & 15. Anyway, they had their own group of friends, and it never became an issue. Ultimately, he was convicted on 28 counts and is now serving a very long prison term. The family moved away, and I have heard that things were very difficult for them in so many ways, and they really had a rough time, which is so sad. Even sadder was that their daughter who was 14 years old when all this happened, has already had a child. When my youngest was small, she'd often go out into the driveway with tap-shoes on all by herself and sing and dance away, and I'd look around, and suddenly realize she wasn't in the house, and run to the window, and there she'd be. I never liked her to be out there by herself like that. Kids would say, oh Mom, you're being over-protective! There are no child molesters around here!!!! Thanks for posting this. Sandyj

There are several in our area with one on the same block. But do you know that out of all the people on that list there are probably a few that are totally inocent of the crime they have been convicted of?.

I personally know of one of those suposed *** offenders and he was convicted without any evidence ever being presented in the court of law. SAD!. This mans reputation has been ruined.

Our town only has a population of 3,000, but we have 25. A few of them are incarcerated. When I gave a friend the website the other day, when I said, "There are 25 in..." and she broke in, very surprised sounding, with, "In South Carolina?" She thought that was a lot for South Carolina, but she was shocked when I told her, "No, 25 just in Pageland!"

:( Barbara

:sick: I have a hard time swallowing the whole "offenders rights" thing.

I, too, have been accused of being way to protective - but when you are a parent of an innocent - there is no such thing as over protective.

My biggest nightmare when my children were wee was that they would somehow be just grabbed and disappear forever. The reality of that thought was haunting and I was dilligent while they were smaller to make sure that they were never even close to being "prey". ( I came from a highly populated area where there were always abductions and discoveries of toddler's bodies and a lot of cult stuff in the news. And also the Christina French murders).

Neighbourhood watch and awareness programs help a lot and if your child goes for a walk or whatever - give them your cell phone to take with them and show them how to use the 911 feature. You just never know.

The system tends to look out for the "offender's" rights (and in SOME cases rightfully so) but an awareness and a willingness to communicate with neighbours can be helpful.. Don't become vigillantes - but do watch out for each other.

That's probably the best we can do for each other.

Real people always make more of a difference than the "system".

25 in a town of 3000? We actually "chased out" (legally) our one guy on the list (he was using his mother's address, when, in fact, he was living a block from the local school). In a town that small you should be able to police yourselves. We try to. (3500)

Back
Top Bottom