Oh my God! This was my nephew!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
My nephew is attached to the 101 Airborne Division's Long Range Reconisance Patrol (LRRP) unit. The LRRP's are made up of highly specialized and highly trained 6 man teams for the most dangerous missions. As such, we are never allowed to know where he is or what he's doing.

Before my nephew left for Iraq he purchased a big package of American flag decals (the sleeve patches with the gold braid) to hand out as his "signature".

I was absolutely floored when I saw this report on 60 minutes this weekend. My nephew is the soldier that pulled him out.

I'm still stunned. He's alive and doing what he loves.

~ Raven ~

You must be very proud of him.
We are proud of the men and women in our services all around the world.
But, reading things like this, is special when it's your own.

Bless him, Raven...young men like him are who make me proud of my country..

kadesma

raven i'm glad he's okay. and i just want to send out a very big heartfelt thank you to him and all of our other soldiers putting their lives on the line for our country every single day. may they all be blessed and let the remainings ones return home safely.

What a hero he is - I read that story and could just picture him handing him that American Flag decal saying "We're getting you out of here".

Wow!!!

You must be so proud - and, I'm sure that your nephew will be happy to know that his "sign/signal" was useful and that you recognized it!!! A true moment in History, eh"

Thank you for sharing and amazing - and HAPPY - moment with us. Your nephew is the kind of person that we should all strive to be!!!!

God has blessed us!!!

Cyberchef

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom