Oh no! Daylight Saving Time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like DST? In your post please explain why.

• Strongly like it!!!

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Hate it!!!

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When welived in Aransas Pass Texes, it is right on the western edge of the EST zone. So DST meant that daylight lasted longer. Right up to 10 p.m. Try to get young kids in bed. :ohmy:

You are welcome. My other favorite one is about your shadow.

I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me.
And what can be the use of him, is more than I can see.

There is more. I use to paste a new poem above my sink every month. I think I need to go to the library and get his book of Children's Poems. I think it is called, "The Children's Hour." :)

I always think of this one in the spring. My grandmother used to make us recite it and also the one about "I'm a little teapot short and stout". I think my sister and I killed Vaudeville. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I know a little pussy,
Her coat is silver grey,
She lives down in the meadow,
Not very far away.
Although she is a pussy,
She'll never be a cat,
For she's a pussy willow,
Now what do you think of that? Anonymous

I always think of this one in the spring. My grandmother used to make us recite it and also the one about "I'm a little teapot short and stout". I think my sister and I killed Vaudeville. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I know a little pussy,
Her coat is silver grey,
She lives down in the meadow,
Not very far away.
Although she is a pussy,
She'll never be a cat,
For she's a pussy willow,
Now what do you think of that? Anonymous

I had forgotten about that one. Okay, I will make a stupid confession.
When I was a small kid, I sat for hours down on the hill where a bunch of pussywills would grow. I did this for about three years until someone burst my bubbles. I was watching to see them turn into kittens. :wacko:

When I was a small kid, I sat for hours down on the hill where a bunch of pussywills would grow. I did this for about three years until someone burst my bubbles. I was watching to see them turn into kittens. :wacko:

so simple back then, that leap of faith. innocence....:)

Well considering I went from working evenings (til 11pm) and then had to be at work for 7am this morning I'm doing OK. I like the light later in the day, my biggest beef is the change in dates. I preferred it when we sprang ahead in April and fell back in mid October.

Well considering I went from working evenings (til 11pm) and then had to be at work for 7am this morning I'm doing OK. I like the light later in the day, my biggest beef is the change in dates. I preferred it when we sprang ahead in April and fell back in mid October.

DST is much long that it used to be. :rolleyes:

I don't like having to change the clocks, but I love Daylight Saving Time. I would prefer it stayed that way all year and didn't go back to Standard Time. :)

oh man. i was totally lied to about my pussy willow tree.

now i'm questioning my rubber plant i'm growing right next to it....
:cool:

Last edited:
I don't like having to change the clocks, but I love Daylight Saving Time. I would prefer it stayed that way all year and didn't go back to Standard Time. :)

Changing clocks will soon be a thing of the past.

Your cable box, cell phones, phones connected to your cable system, wave clocks and your computer all change time automatically. All that's left for now are stoves, microwaves and wristwatches.

Your cable box, cell phones, phones connected to your cable system, wave clocks and your computer all change time automatically. All that's left for now are stoves, microwaves and wristwatches.

And grandfather clocks and my battery operated wall clocks.

My two wall clocks and two alarm clocks, two travel clocks and the clock in the car...they don't change themselves.

I use the travel clocks for those times when I take a nap, one in the living room, one in the bedroom.:wacko: I can't wait to retire so I can get rid of all the dang clocks.

My two wall clocks and two alarm clocks, two travel clocks and the clock in the car...they don't change themselves.

I use the travel clocks for those times when I take a nap, one in the living room, one in the bedroom.:wacko: I can't wait to retire so I can get rid of all the dang clocks.

Change comes later for some people.

I dislike DST. I really dislike changing the time. It messes with our sleep rhythms for no good reason that I can see.

I don't care where they set the clock, I just wish they'd leave it there.

Furthermore I'd like to switch to 24 hour time instead of AM/PM, but the civilians wouldn't like that. (Nevermind that I haven't been in the military.) I'll be just as happy to meet you at 1700 for drinks...

And I'd rather switch to UTC (Greenwich mean time, GMT) except that it has the obvious problem of not knowing what day it is. (For example it's a new day on the west coast at about 7 or 8 p.m.--depending on DST--so it would cause a disjoint between time and day of the week everywhere except near London--the demarcation of 0000 GMT/UTC.)

I just want one time we can all agree upon. All these conversions are driving me crazy.

While we're at it I wish the US could go metric. It's crazy to have all these conversions...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom