"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #121
Chef Extraordinaire

ok, i have to say it: awww, you two do look happy. and your wife has a really nice smile.

congrats.

and just so you know it, i have a coupla pictures on my desk of my wife...

Old 04-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #122
Sous Chef

Congratulations! Great picture!

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #123
Senior Cook

She does have a great smile. Makes me melt every time. :D I'll get a picture of the wedding ceremony for you all later today. :) I knew I was going to cry when she walked down the aisle, and I was right. Heck, as soon as I saw her figure through the glass in the doors of the church, that was it. She was (is) so beautiful. What an intense feeling...it lasted all day, and I can't really remember many details of the ceremony and reception because of it. A few people at work told me that's how it would be, and they were right on the money.

Thankfully we had a friend videotape it and had a professional photographer (and his daughter), and lots of family snapping away.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #124
Sous Chef

aww sweet pic congrats
Old 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #125
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmac View Post
She does have a great smile. Makes me melt every time. :D I'll get a picture of the wedding ceremony for you all later today. :) I knew I was going to cry when she walked down the aisle, and I was right. Heck, as soon as I saw her figure through the glass in the doors of the church, that was it. She was (is) so beautiful. What an intense feeling...it lasted all day, and I can't really remember many details of the ceremony and reception because of it. A few people at work told me that's how it would be, and they were right on the money.
Reading this made me cry! Along with all the other momentos, print this thread and let you bride read it. Not only will it make her cry, it will ensure a lot of whoopie in your marriage.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #126
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmac View Post
Finally, here we are. Mr. and Mrs. M!
I love the glow and the gleaming eyes. Everything is said by that picture. You're going to have a great marriage.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #127
Chef Extraordinaire

Congratulations, Matt. Here's to the happy couple:
Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #128
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Congratulations. DH and I ha our families planning a huge wedding with all the bells on, an we felt our choices were being ignored and planned over....so, having got our licences etc a year before the planned date, the registrar told us she had a cancellation two weeks later. we didn't tell any one until the day before, and then just slipped off to get marrie quietly and together. I felt pretty bad for our fmilies, but I think it was the right choice for us!

Hve a great day, enjoy it, and remember, its about YOU two!
DH and I are planning on not telling the family we are getting married until a week before, after we did all the planning and told them to come to a huge party...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #129
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
great pics of the honeymoon and u guys look happy....good luck...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #130
Executive Chef

CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you. All the advice you have received is priceless. My only suggestion is to print this whole thread and put it in a safe place and if a day comes and the two of you are having a tough time whether in life or with each other pull it out and read it together. It will remind you of why you two are together.