"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
Master Chef

Glad to her you're right as rain. And by the way, what's right about rain anysay? I mean, if you need it to water the garden, or the farm, well then it's ok, even necessary. And it does keep my neck of the woods green and purdy. But what about wehn it's plenty moist, and you wanna grill something? Or you've jsut washed your car and everything becomes mud because of the rain, what's right about that? And then there's that rain that always falls on the night of 4rth of July fireworks.

Ha! Just foolin' around. I hope the itch quickly subsides. I know from when I first started growing my beard that groing hair can be an itchy kinda thing. I sympathize with ya old freind.

Besides, it can't be any fun for PeppA either when she tries to snuggle up to your sandpaper chest. Didja ever think about that? I didn't thinks so.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #12
Executive Chef

ROFL! PeppA still laughs about it. What's worse, is that she told me Mom, and even she laughed about it. Right now, I make it a point to be sure and hide the camera until the small patches of fur grow back.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
Sous Chef

"Back 37 years ago when I had my first baby they shaved....oh....never mind....lol."

Oh KayLinda, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I read that!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
Senior Cook

My Dr. wanted to do a colonoscopy too. I said, "You want to shove what? Where? I don't think so!" He [the Dr.] has a terrible time with me. We argued for about a half hour [do too...do not...do too...] when he told me I had diabetes He used to tell me "You are the nicest guy." Can't figure why he doesn't say that anymore..
Old 08-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
Head Chef

Getting older is tough, sorry, but am there. And there are things you need to do to take care of yourself.

But colon cancer is a real threat and can be found very early.

We both had colonoscopies, and did it without the joy juice. We got to watch the whole thing on a TV screen.

It was a tad nasty but would do it again without the sedation.

One of us had a precancerous polyp, a big one. It was taken care of.

Just do it. It is a lot easier than colon cancer.

And if you do it early, no oncologist has to tell you what your odds of living for so many years is.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
Sous Chef

BJ you listen to Auntdot! I hope the Dr. finally convinced you that it is one of those things you have to do! Bob and I are due for ours this year, yes we do almost everything together.

Alan, I had a stress echo. a bunch of years ago after a blip on my ekg. The coolest part was watching my heart beat on the ultrasound thingy. The cardiologist couldn't figure out why I was there - passed with flying colors! I tried to tell the doctor I'd just had an argument with a customer, but he insisted, said it was urgent! It was so urgent it took 6 months to get in for the test!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntdot

It was a tad nasty but would do it again without the sedation.

wow, that's all i can say...

(and geez, don't mess with aunt dot!!!!)

lol, j/k, the rest of what you said was, well, well said.

especially "a colonoscopy is a lot easier than colon cancer".

a buddy of mine just went for his and told the doc he'd better not feel both of his hands on his hips...

btw, i'm going for my stress-echo later today, and a prostate exam later in the month. wish me luck.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Luck be with you, Bucky.

This is what I needed after I took the prep drink for my colonoscopy.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:26 AM   #19
Master Chef

AllenMI,

I had an abnormal EKG once and it turned out to be mitral valve prolapse which is, for most people, nothing to worry about. The mitral valve doesn't close as tightly as it should and sometimes will give an abnormal EKG. People with MVP will sometimes have arrhytmia (spelling?). Anywho, I had to have the whole battery of tests just to be on the safe side. Both my daughter and hubby have it as well. Good luck---I'm sure that everything will be just fine.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

expatgirl, afaik, mitral valve prolapse is more common in women, and can cause chest pains associated with stress and anxiety.

dw has it, and takes medication to reduce any symptoms, which doesn't always work being married to me...

read this: http://www.nursing.wright.edu/practice/mvp/default.htm

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote