Oh the torture!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
expatgirl, afaik, mitral valve prolapse is more common in women, and can cause chest pains associated with stress and anxiety.

dw has it, and takes medication to reduce any symptoms, which doesn't always work being married to me...:)

read this: http://www.nursing.wright.edu/practice/mvp/default.htm

Dear Buckytom,

Yeah, it's a crazy malady that many people have and don't even know it but the symptoms can be scary or nonexistent until they have an abnormal EKG. Glad to hear that your wife is getting help (I'm on medication, too)-----and you're right--stress makes it worse so you be nice to that girl of yours!!!:LOL:
My DH had no symptoms and all of his blood tests came back normal but he had an abnormal EKG during his last physical (I can feel for the agony you're going through, AllenMI) and a stress test, Holter monitor, and an echocardiogram were done and the final verdict was mitral valve prolapse. Hopefully, the worries are for naught.:)

Explanation: when I tried to first post, my server came up and said that everything had been dropped and that I couldn't post, so I'm really sorry for all of these extra unnecessary postings. I just started over -- I'm so embarassed for taking up all this space. Sorry. Please, MJ, use your blasting laser gun.

I hadn't thought of a mitral valve prolaspe. PeppA has that. My maternal g'mother had Arhythemia (sp?), so I guess it's possible. We'll see. I don't get my next visit for another couple weeks, so I'm in limbo, slowly watching the fur grow back :)

Allen, your predicament reminds me of the guy (steve carell?) in that recent movie. Here's hoping your hide attains its natural state soon.

I have MVP and it's never bothered me a bit. I believe it's also known as a heart murmur. Maybe I have a mild case of it - never needed meds.

Dear AllenMI,

PROMISE------NO REPEATED POSTS!! what can I say--I'm computer illiterate!! Anyway, as having worked in several doctors' offices---if there was anything seriously wrong they would get back to you in a heartbeat (no pun intended)--most techs running those tests know enough to recognize something seriously wrong and would alert a doctor immediately--hey, doc, look at this--so really, no news (as a rule) is good news. Anytime we had abnormal or positive results come across our desks they went immediately to the doctors' private desks to be seen ASAP!! In the meantime, I hear that MiracleGro works wonders!!! :):)

buckytom said:
(ouch! ouch!!)

on the repeated posts please!!! :)

Sorry, Buckytom,

I winced, too, when I saw all the durn things come back---------I know better to be patient and wait in the future if it doesn't go through----duh uh--must be problem with server. If I was computer literate I would have a funny avatar like yours and a winsome quote but I don't know the first thing about how to do it. Anyway, sorry!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Al...........can totally sympathize on the colonscopy thing. I went in for a EGD (scope down the throat) and then was told I need a colonoscopy 3 days later. I swear I was crapping out brain matter with that liquid stuff :LOL: . I told the nurse when I went for that last procedure.........thank God he's not an OB/GYN because that'll leave just one opening he hasn't violated.

The sad but funny thing is that I was a nurse for the other doctor in his office and I was so doped up after that colonoscopy that when he came and talked to me in the recover area and was walking away.............I was told by my dear friend that went with me that I said, "And don't be telling people you saw my axx"! I guess all the nurses turned in shock and started busting up laughing that I'd of said that to him. I'm still mortified to this day. And yes I haven't went back. Don't worry I got the results in the mail so I'm fine. I just dread the day I have to face him again. I'm sure he'll point it out to me :)

Back
Top Bottom