Oh Those Holiday Goodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
So how many of you feel that you just ate too much and have gained a few pounds that you want to get rid of?

We have all been encouraging Simonbaker in her quest to become healthy. Are any of you willing to join her and get all the encouragement that we give to her? It is time to put all that food away and start eating healthy again. Love the cookies, cakes, pies? Well, now it is time for only one piece or bite. Anyone game? :angel:

Ads, we normally eat quite healthy and try not to eat cakes, chocolates etc too much, but yes, this Christmas, like every Christmas, we have been eating a fair bit of the naughty stuff :LOL:

Iced Christmas cake, rum balls, chocolate (lots of it) mince pies, the list goes on...so once all that is gone, we will be back to healthy eating again and to lose whatever weight we put on :)

Addie, I can honestly say that this holiday season I haven't had one bite of anything considered a "goodie" and have actually lost weight. My story of my quest and allergy diet are in the "who is trying to lose weight" thread, but I will say that on Christmas Eve I officially weighed in at 200 pounds, losing 15 in 6 weeks!:)

So you can all join Simonbaker and I and several others over there who are super encouraging each other!

Oh, and have a chocolate truffle for me first ;)

Addie, I can honestly say that this holiday season I haven't had one bite of anything considered a "goodie" and have actually lost weight. My story of my quest and allergy diet are in the "who is trying to lose weight" thread, but I will say that on Christmas Eve I officially weighed in at 200 pounds, losing 15 in 6 weeks!:)

So you can all join Simonbaker and I and several others over there who are super encouraging each other!

I wish I could. But I don't eat anything with sugar. I am diabetic. :angel:

Now it's stories like this that are inspirational !!

We did pretty good but like Kylie .. once it's gone it's back to healthier eating. Before we start that though I have to buy a case of tissues for DH because he already told me he kind of likes the "bad" things we have been indulging in LOL

See you all in the other thread !!

Addie, I have had a steady diet of cookies for the last 2 weeks, :LOL:

I really need to put the brakes on. But it isn't hard, I usually OD on sweets this time of year and it isn't hard to give them up, because my body starts craving healthier things.

I have kept up going to the gym though. My goal for the new year is to get 10-15 pounds more off and reach my goal.

Starting the first, I will be going the ranks of the healthy dieters. I WILL win the Biggest Loser at work next year! Last years prize was $500!

Now it's stories like this that are inspirational !!

We did pretty good but like Kylie .. once it's gone it's back to healthier eating. Before we start that though I have to buy a case of tissues for DH because he already told me he kind of likes the "bad" things we have been indulging in LOL

See you all in the other thread !!

Mrs L....same here...I said to Steve that I will get all sad and have withdrawal systems once all this "bad" stuff has gone :ROFLMAO:

I was already trying to get another tin of chocolates while we were out today he he...well they were on special after all LOL!!

I didnt end up getting them, Steve put his foot down he he!

Last edited:
I'm in! I feel like a beached whale lol! It's mostly water retention from all the salt but I can't eat like this anymore! We drank way too much over the holidays and I tend to eat too much to prevent getting drunk :( Don't like being drunk, I'm confused enough sober lol!

My best wishes to Simonbaker's efforts. I have neither gained nor lost weight over the holidays. There is still a week or so to go, so the race is still on.

Saturday -- Dinner with friends
Sunday -- hosting small football party. Chili, fixings, Dessert Yes munchies Yess
NYE -- dinner at DxW, just the two of us.
NY Day - our annual open house party.

Some lovely meals ahead for you Whisk :)

Well done on not gaining any weight this Christmas time ;)

Back
Top Bottom