OK.. have to share..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I play Native American Flutes and am a member of Branches Breath.
While we have known about this for a while we had nothing official to back this up. Well we finally have our formal invitation from the government of Turkey to play at the 6th annual Mystic Music Festival in Konya Turkey.

All expenses paid, 7 days and nights. We play one 2 hour concert...
We are just bowled over by this honor. We are the first non-Middle Eastern group to play at this event.

Whoo Hoo!!! 1 month and I will be winging my way to Turkey... The food.. the spices... Yummmy!!!!!!

We take off at the end of September. The guy looking for the performers is in Dayton Ohio, works for the Turkish government. He contacted all the regional organizations. While we are not Native American, we do play Native American Flutes and have played for the local Native American organization in Indianapolis. They sent him our information. We were very careful to let them know we are NOT native Americans, we just play the instrument.
They were looking for "mystical" type sounds, could care less about the heritage of the players. To be honest, there are few true Native Americans playing.

They had other groups they were looking at but we were the only flute group to respond. Flutes are very close to their hearts where we are going. They play a traditional flute called a NEY that is very important to much of their celebrations.

It going to be a blast...

I hadn't seen this until now. What a great opportunity! You play beautifully! I watched your solo on YouTube and will watch the other songs soon.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom