Ok, I'm back now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
After enjoying (tremendously) DC for a few weeks, we got word that our daughter was injured in Iraq-mortar attack or IAD-depends who you ask. Everything is "classified" to these people-she was laid up in Ramstein (germany) for 3 weeks before they bothered to tell us. Shes going to be OK-eventually. Shes wrestling with some personal demons as well so we're saying our prayers.

So needless to say, I've been a little preoccupied. Now that things have settled down, I hope I can rejoin you all and pick up where we left off.

So, whats for dinner??:)

wow Smoke King. Hope your daughter is successful with her demons and recovers quickly from her wounds. How terrible. Well welcome back and sorry you had to leave for such a reason.

DC Chat is the biggie since you have been gone. Link thru Quick links. A few of us are on at the moment, i fyou want to check it out.

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter and you and your family have to go through that! Please let your daughter know that I think the world of her for her sacrifices!!!

I'm very sorry for your daughter's injury and thrilled to hear she will be OK. Glad to have you back.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My dog is going crazy upstairs, I gotta check it out. You don't want to leave a Jack Russell alone for too long!!!

By the way, I just left the "flashchat" (?) very cool, lots of fun-if you havent checked it out, you should!

Blessings to you and your family during this difficult time. Hopefully our forum can be a temporary diversion from your troubles when you need it. You have the support of your friends at DC.

I'm so sorry to hear this, smoke. It must be awful for you and of course, your daughter. Is she back stateside yet? We're glad to have you back and please keep us up on her progress.
Terry

Hi, Smoke King - welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's injuries, but glad she will be okay. Please tell her I thank her for her service. Best wishes to her, you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear this, smoke. It must be awful for you and of course, your daughter. Is she back stateside yet? We're glad to have you back and please keep us up on her progress.
Terry

Yes-she is finally back in Georgia (Hinesville) and recuperating nicely.

Again, thanks to all of you for your kind words and prayers. Its the wonderful people on DC that make this board shine above all the rest!!!

Thank heavens she's at least back home. That's one less thing for you to worry about.

Let me add my thanks for her service, too. I was wondering if you think she might like to receive Get Well cards. If you think it would be a good thing at this time, could I PM you for a mailing address?

I'm glad that your daughter is recovering now. I will keep her in my prayers as she goes through this.

:flowers: Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom