Ok, we're back....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I drove all night, then PeppA spelled me once we got to St. Louis.

I was unaware that a major cold front was going to be passing through as we were driving. About the time we crossed into MO, I started having probs with crosswinds. When we got to Rolla, MO, it was snowing. Illinois has about 2" of the Fluffy White Crap on the ground, but at least the roads were clear. Indiana had about the same, until we got close to MI, then there was 8" of the FWC on the ground, and some packed onto the roads.

The funeral was beautiful. I still have to get the pics off my camera. PeppA and her Uncle were tearing up some. One of PeppA's friends almost had a complete breakdown, as she was really close to PeppA's Mom. One of the older boys is taking it really hard.

The drive back was really smooth. It took us almost 15 hours of driving straight to do it. Pit stops, gas stops, and food stops were the other thing that kept us from being on the road.

Thanks, everyone, for your condolences and prayers. Grandma will be missed. Now starts to process of sifting through EVERYTHING (she was a complete packrat), deciding what to keep, what to donate, what to try and sell, and what to pitch (been doing some of that already). Once we get the Life Insurance settlement, PeppA is talking about buying a truck, driving up to MI, and cleaning out the storage units of her Mom's stuff.

Please give PeppA a big hug from me. It is a fragile time for her.

When my parents passed away I was able to donate a lot of their stuff to the fire department...a recent fire left a family without most of their things. It was a wonderful feeling knowing someone really needed these things.

Glad you're back. I'm sorry for her passing, and I hope you keep her memory close and be sure to keep the important stuff -- pictures, letters, personal items. These things mean so much more over time.
I have the first letter my Grampop wrote to Gramma. That is so special to me.

Back
Top Bottom