Old Spice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My father always wore old spice and I hated the scent of that stuff! Nor would I like my husband to wear it.

Alix said:
I KNEW IT!! Well as long as all you want is to bug me, wear it all you like...if you can FIND it!

Why do I get the feeling my Brandied Chicken may taste a little "Spicey" next time?:)

The first scents I remember from dating were Patouli oil and English Leather. As I got older, it turned to Polo.

I love the smell of Old Spice since it reminds me of my dad, and I miss him so much.

Mr HB has never worn cologne.

mudbug said:
You think Old Spice is bad? Try English Leather.

The whole house reeked for hours after dad left for a trip (he was a UAL pilot).
I actually love Old Spice--just not on my husband! Both English Leather and any kind of musk make me absolutely sick. :sick:

:) Barbara

Do any of you remember back in the very late 70s to early 80s, a set of cologne called man&woman? It wasn't too musky but the 2 bottles fit interlocked, kinda. I do remember liking that on my hubby (the male scent that is) back then. I don't think it was around for very long.

I love Old Spice. My grandfather, father and brother have all worn it, and whenever I smell it on another man, I say "Oooo! You smell great!" and I mean it.

None of the romantic men in my life have worn Old Spice - don't know how I'd feel about that.

Lee

ROTFL! :ROFLMAO:

I don't wear cologne. But, I do use Old Spice. Only the newer scents though. Old Spice Red Zone for both body spray, body wash, and deoderant/antiperspirant.

My preferred scents start with After Hours, then Glacial Falls & Metallic Ice (toss up on the order), Aqua Reef then Pure Sport (in this given order). The body wash is only available in After Hours, Glacial Falls, and Aqua Reef, so I usually go with one of those.

DW has never really found something that struck me, that is until Bath & Body Works came out with their Moonlight Path fragrance.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2077826&cp=2073259

Hubba! Hubba! :brows:

Part of the problem is a lot of the stuff DW likes has a vanilla tinge to it, which drives my nose crazy in a not good way. I always dreaded fragrance shopping with her because after about 5 scents, my nose was done. Alas, that problem has been solved, though!

You know, I like all the Old Spice new scents too. Its just the original that makes me think of my Dad. Tough to feel romantic when you're thinking of your Dad.

Does anyone remember Paco Rabanne? I used to love that. Haven't seen it for ages though. I like Givenchy for Men too, but its also on the pricy side.

I think the brand of scents and deoderant is dependant on the generation. Mostly everyone I know uses some type of clear gel like Gillette or Right Guard.

For cologne, it's either something by CK, Hilfiger, RL, BR, etc., etc. I don't think I know anyone that uses something like Old Spice, Brut, etc.

My husband has worn Givenchy Gentleman for the past 30 years. I weaned him away from Aramis.... Peeeeoooowwwwww :)

My Dad used to use (very, very sparingly... he was in the army!) Dunhill - I think they now call it Dunhill Original. The smell takes me back to my childhood!

Last edited:
I tell my wife when I'm out and she restocks. I don't know what it is and don't particularly care . . . as long as she likes it.

I think mine is a little reversed. . . . MIL gave me a special "welcome to the family" gift when I first moved in - a big bottle of her favorite nighttime body lotion from Avon. Yup - I wanna go to bed with my husband smelling like his mother. NOT If that wasn't so bad - the stuff stinks. I gave it back to her one day when she was out and complaining. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom