"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #31
You know, I like all the Old Spice new scents too. Its just the original that makes me think of my Dad. Tough to feel romantic when you're thinking of your Dad.

Does anyone remember Paco Rabanne? I used to love that. Haven't seen it for ages though. I like Givenchy for Men too, but its also on the pricy side.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #32
Executive Chef
I think the brand of scents and deoderant is dependant on the generation. Mostly everyone I know uses some type of clear gel like Gillette or Right Guard.

For cologne, it's either something by CK, Hilfiger, RL, BR, etc., etc. I don't think I know anyone that uses something like Old Spice, Brut, etc.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 AM   #33
Executive Chef
My husband has worn Givenchy Gentleman for the past 30 years. I weaned him away from Aramis.... Peeeeoooowwwwww

My Dad used to use (very, very sparingly... he was in the army!) Dunhill - I think they now call it Dunhill Original. The smell takes me back to my childhood!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #34
Sous Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
I tell my wife when I'm out and she restocks. I don't know what it is and don't particularly care . . . as long as she likes it.
vyapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #35
Sous Chef
I think mine is a little reversed. . . . MIL gave me a special "welcome to the family" gift when I first moved in - a big bottle of her favorite nighttime body lotion from Avon. Yup - I wanna go to bed with my husband smelling like his mother. NOT If that wasn't so bad - the stuff stinks. I gave it back to her one day when she was out and complaining.

I'm just lookin' for my "cheese"!
Harborwitch is offline   Reply With Quote