"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Old Spice

Okay ladies, here is a question for you. Do you let your husband wear Old Spice? LOL--I know that sounds weird, but here is my situation, and I have talked to other women who have the same problem. My dad has worn Old Spice for years, and I have always loved it (still do). When James and I got married a few years ago someone gave him some Old Spice for Christmas. As soon as he put it on the first time I knew that he could never wear it again. Couldn't get romantic with my husband reminding me of my dad! I think Old Spice probably has to skip generations!

So ladies (and gentlemen) is there a scent that you cannot stand for your spouse or significant other wear?

Barbara

Old 11-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I made him throw out the Old Spice about 13 years ago. He's pretty sensible when it comes to colognes - he has worn Escape ever since I got him that (at the same time I nixed the Old Spice) lol

I can't think of a scent I wouldn't want him to wear - I certainly don't like the scent of Scotch and only on rare occasions has he actually "worn" it

Barbara - You are correct!!!!! Dad and Hubby are NOT permitted to smell the same!!!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Mine is not allowed to wear anything!!! Ick. It all gives me major headaches. I don't wear anything either. ( ok, clothes are allowed.!)
Old 11-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

darn, pdswife, you had to put in that qualifier. i was gonna comment "no wonder paul loves you so much, runnin' around nekkid with the chickens all day."

i'm not sure about a few scents, i think one is from chanel, but as soon as i smell them it reminds me of a specific old girlfriend. eek! i could identify it from a mile away.
i guess it would bother me if dw wore it, altho there is truth to the thing about how a perfume is different on every woman.

as far as old spice goes, my dad bathed in it every morning. when he kissed you goodbye on his way off to work, you stank like it for hours, practically tasting it. yuk.
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Okay ladies, here is a question for you. Do you let your husband wear Old Spice? LOL--I know that sounds weird, but here is my situation, and I have talked to other women who have the same problem. My dad has worn Old Spice for years, and I have always loved it (still do). When James and I got married a few years ago someone gave him some Old Spice for Christmas. As soon as he put it on the first time I knew that he could never wear it again. Couldn't get romantic with my husband reminding me of my dad! I think Old Spice probably has to skip generations!

So ladies (and gentlemen) is there a scent that you cannot stand for your spouse or significant other wear?

Barbara
This made me crack up...My father has worn OLD SPICE forever - I always picture watching my dad getting ready to go out - He still at the age of 70 plus still only wears it!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:30 AM   #6
Master Chef

LOL! Yes scent is a wonderful thing.........its what attracts us to our partners. However, when that scent brings in daddy in the picture.........time for a new cologne .

I know a guy I used to date (many moons ago)........he started dating another girl. Well she was kicked out of her house and lo and behold.....I still don't know why.....she drifted to my house. I leant her a shirt and she went to this old boyfriend of mines house and he immediately knew where she'd been.... .
Old 11-28-2006, 12:33 AM   #7
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I just roll around in all my magazines before I go out. Something is sure to rub off.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:35 AM   #8
Master Chef

best hope your rolling around on mens cologne
Old 11-28-2006, 12:37 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

tatt, i guess you've never had a subscription to birdtalk or catfancy magazines.

you'll smell like 10w40 when the consumer reports auto issues comes out.

when is s.i.'s swimsuit issue?
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:11 AM   #10
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
for a long time it was Cat Fancy, and I got the scratches to prove it!...
Those starys LOVED ME!