"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #1011
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Ugh. You know the best thing about working from home mudbug? No one is around to tell you not to drink on the job.

I completely understand your frustration and sympathize. Hope it all works out soon.
Alix, I'm embarrassed to admit that as long as I've known you, I have absolutely no clue what you do for a living. Whatever it is, it must be pretty sweet if you can drink on the job!

Old 02-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #1012
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DampCharcoal
Alix, I'm embarrassed to admit that as long as I've known you, I have absolutely no clue what you do for a living. Whatever it is, it must be pretty sweet if you can drink on the job!
Heh heh heh! I don't get to drink on the job, but let me tell you there are moments I wish I COULD!! (I'm a therapist and I work in a residential facility that caters to adolescents and their families)

Old 02-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #1013
Head Chef

I have been having major Panic Attacks and yesterday a friend took me to Kaiser and I learned that my blood pressure was extremely high. I take blood pressure pills every day but apparently those are not helping.

All in all I am not feeling so good.

Jill and Jolie
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #1014
Chef Extraordinaire

I Have To Continue Venting & Ask For Help

sorry, all

One of the many "updates" I had downloaded and installed today was IE 7, whose new toolbar apparently hides or does not include an icon for Favorites. The only bookmark button I see is for Google.

Are all those links lost? I have them on Firefox, but don't know how to transfer them back to IE without copying and pasting each and every dadgum one.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #1015
Chef Extraordinaire

never mind. I just found it.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #1016
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I am not too crazy about IE7 either... ever since we installed it everything slowed down on the net. We checked everything else but seems a-okay, combining with some feedbacks from Cris's colleagues and clients, we decided it is the fault of IE7. It is really trying our patience.

I was not crazy about the new version of Photoshop CS2 either, I don't know whether we found a defective copy, but it doesn't take any keyboard command, so we just switched back to the original CS edition. Uffa!!
Old 02-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #1017
Hospitality Queen

Hope you're doing better, shpj4.

Mud & urmaniac, at least you know what those thingies are. I have no clue!

Meanwhile my dog & kitty are locked up, since I'm getting a new sliding door put in, and they're sad
Old 02-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #1018
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
shpj4 I have been taking freshly ground cinnamon for my high blood pressure. It works! I take a tablespoon every day. And it has gone down!
I also get panic attacks. And have been in the ER about once every 6 months. Sometimes I have to take a ambulance. Get yourself Xanex. It has 'saved' me many times.
I hope and pray youre doing alright.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #1019
Head Chef

Deadly Sushi, that is one huge amount of cinnamon. Not sure where you came up with that for a dosage. You need to be careful with cinnamon as it is potentially carcinogenic in large amounts, though beneficial at lower doses. I've been having a look on the Web. The recommendations I've seen are for no more than a teaspoon a day. Have a look at:

Cancer** By
Old 02-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #1020
Hospitality Queen

boy do I need to vent...
Yesterday I got 2 new tires to replace the balding ones! (*ouch!*)
Last night dh's car's engine nearly overheated, so he got a rental car (*little ouch*) and today his buddy, the mechanic said it needed a new water pump (*ouch!!)
Today my house only had cold water. So, I tried to restart the pilot light. No luck, so the Gas Company guy said since my water heater was only a couple of years old, it was the "new model that nobody can get into", so, yep, you guessed it, tomorrow I have to buy and have installed a new one. (*ouch!!!)
I just finished paying the sliding door guy (*ouch!!!!)

and now I'm taking the kids over to mil's for their hot showers.

Closed Thread