Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie E, What do you mean? You get sleep now that your kids are out of the house?!? Mine still call when the babies get sick in the middle of the night and I go to them!! I must be doing something wrong!
Mine never call me for that kind of thing. They know that no matter what the problem is, I'm most likely to tell them to try soaking it in a hot bath!

OMG Dawn, my daughter would love you! Of course, she may complain but it's my professional opinion that there are very few things a hot bath, a salt water soak, clean sheets and plenty of liquids won't cure.

y'all are too funny..........but yeah, the scars from their teens do heal and it's so much fun in turn to see them deal with their own kids......overnight you suddenly become intelligent again and a source of infinite wisdom.....and you're right.......I'm just waiting for my granddaughter to enter her teens....my German grandmother believed in warm soaks too usually with a tad of vinegar or baking soda added...she had remedies for everything because she didn't believe in going to the doctor

My kid is driving me crazy. I'm happy that he's not sick anymore and all, but he sure has a way of sapping the energy out of me before normal people are even out of bed. After getting me up at 6 (he usually gets up at 7:30) and begging for food, I took him downstairs for breakfast. Except he refused to eat anything offered to him. Don't ask me why he was begging for food before. After I got him out of his high chair he dug a box of candy out of the diaper bag. Get real kid, like I'm going to give you Nerds when you refused to eat cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread...! Then he decided it would be a really fun game to pull books off the bookshelf one by one. Tell me again why I wanted another one?

Next time tell him or her that you have some delicious food but it's only for big boys and big girls and they unfortunately they CAN"T have any----depending on their age I guarantee you that they will be "DEMANDING" it.....use this technique very sparingly and when on the verge of infanticide and going to jail...my son only ate "Big Boy" peas that we grudgingly allowed him to have though it was "illegal":ROFLMAO:

y'all are too funny..........but yeah, the scars from their teens do heal and it's so much fun in turn to see them deal with their own kids......overnight you suddenly become intelligent again and a source of infinite wisdom.....and you're right.......I'm just waiting for my granddaughter to enter her teens....my German grandmother believed in warm soaks too usually with a tad of vinegar or baking soda added...she had remedies for everything because she didn't believe in going to the doctor
Your grandmother was a very wise woman. I laughed so hard about the big boy peas, too. I thought my little Fisher was the only kid eating "illegal" foods and doing "illegal" chores!!!

TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!!! I have told this same person, who calls TWICE a day, that the owner is NEVER here and they will have to leave a message - they will NEVER leave a message and refuse to take us off their list unless it's the owner. Next time I'm going to pretend the owner is here, get their information to see who they are EXACTLY! I know what the caller ID says - but of course, that does me no good in looking them up. A legitimate business will show up under a Google search! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............:mad:

I hear ya. I'm on the the national do-not-call registry.:mrgreen: But that doesn't prevent the 30 various police and fire-fighter organizations from calling me twice a month asking for money. :ermm:

I called that number back 5 times - it just rang with no answer. On the 5th time she picked up the phone before it rang and she said hello with a big question mark hanging there! I asked her what company she was with - I had to repeat it. I asked why she was calling, I had to repeat that. I told herI needed to tell the owner why she was calling. She finally told me she was with PCA Security. I said I needed to leave a message for the owner as to why she was calling. She said, Oh, are you in Colorado. I said NO. She said, oh, we're done callling in your area. I said I hope so because you have called twice a day now for I don't know how long. I tell you each and every time the owner never comes in and you refuse to leave a message and it's getting very old. She said, oh, thank you, we're done calling in your area. I said I sure hope so!!!!!

Yep, I'm on the do-not-call list but I made the mistake of giving to a State Troopers Association and those guys are relentless. The call all the time. But you know what I really hate is the automatic dialers. You know, when you answer the phone and you get a recording to hang on the line for an important message????? That is just beyond all reason. They are calling me and I'm supposed to hold???

I just got ANOTHER ONE with the same dialogue - different state, different company. Will only speak with an owner but no message. I said, look, the owner is never here and if you want to speak with him you will have to leave a message, otherwise I am going to ask you to quit calling...she started to say something and I just said, this is getting old...please take us off your list...she said ok.

So, if anyone would like me to speak with the people that call you today seems to be the day I have the "power" to make them say - yes, you will be removed.

Possibly, I can interest y'all (love that word) in my outlook on telemarketers. They were put here to help you vent pent up frustration form other parts of your life. You can say anything to them and they do not matter. Examples:

"The owner, well he ran off with my wife and I am looking for him too. Can you call back if you find him?"

"Let me put you right through." Transfer them to someone else that "richly" needs the agro.

If you have a multi line phone call an invalid number and put the annoying message on hold and confertence the Telemarketer in to the annoying message. This can also work with a busy signal.

Just put the phone in the waste can and cover it up while they talk on. They get paid by closings and this wastes their time.

These are a few of the nice ones. There are others, be inventive.

It;s all a state of mind and they are there to entertain.

My all time favorite is the one that calls at night, say 7:00 PM or so. In my most plesant voice -"You called as I just sat down from a 14 hour day and got comfortable. Do you have any reason to believe that after you interrupting me that there is any way that I sould buy anything?"

I keep getting these calls - they come from a different state each time, but they are the same annoying message "Macys, Bloomingdales, Target, yada yada yada.....a family member or friend entered you into a contest and you are eligble to win yada yada yada...

I live in CANADA!!!! We have no Macys, Bloomingdales or Target stores where I live. And I have no friends or relatives that even if they did shop in those stores would ever be so stupid as to put my name in for one of those propaganda contests!

And because it is a message and the calls come from different places, I can't yell at anyone or get taken off any lists!:bash:

There, thanks, I feel very much better now. :)

Yep, I'm on the do-not-call list but I made the mistake of giving to a State Troopers Association and those guys are relentless. The call all the time. But you know what I really hate is the automatic dialers. You know, when you answer the phone and you get a recording to hang on the line for an important message????? That is just beyond all reason. They are calling me and I'm supposed to hold???

I have the exact same problem! I donated to the Fraternal Order of the Police and I am now on their list for eternity. :devilish:

And I get the hold thing all the time too. Why would they bother to call me and then tell me to please hold while I listen to some obnoxious message music? Perhaps they program subliminal message in those so you will be more willing to respond (if anyone actually listens to them).

I know that I don't qualify for a lot of the promotional calls that I get so for the telecommunications ones I just interrupt them nicely and let them know I am on a contract and they thank me and hang up. The ones for investments and holiday packages, I interrupt nicely and tell them that I am a pensioner and don't earn the minimum amount they require and they thank me and hang up. I donate to about 8 charities or more over the phone and participate in lots of surveys. If I hear an autodialler though, I hang up before it gets round to me. If I hear a recorded voice, I hang up before more than a couple of words are said. Most telemarketers love me cos I ask them how they are, and sometimes make them laugh and then when i say no, they give up graciously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom