"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #1141
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon in KS
Officially ended current relationship/ engagement....
One door closes...another opens. You never know when. Life is funny that way.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 AM   #1142
Head Chef

Hope you are feeling ok Shannon.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #1143
Hospitality Queen

Shannon - here's a glass of wine - carpe diem!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #1144
Everymom

Ah crap Shannon. That sucks.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #1145
Master Chef

I'm so sorry Shannon its so hard when relationships come to an end...especially when you think that person is the one. Stay strong and maybe this was meant to be as Mr. Right will be popping into your life someday. Your a great girl and the right one will come along and shower you with love.

P.S. Personally...after I ended my former relationships it turned out to be the best thing even though it didn't feel like it at the time. Oh and get this....the scary thing is that 3 of the buggers came into my dream last night all at the same time and I still haven't a clue why and don't particularly care to see them again.... Now if I can just learn to slam the dream door ....

Try to stay strong....we're here for you.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #1146
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
awww, thank you all for the kind words. I am doing fine, and an emotional load has been lifted. Sucks when you realize you would be happier alone... The sunset seems more beautiful, my daughter growing up faster than I realize, her innocent smile.. all those simple things that you forget to enjoy when you are so unhappy. Unfortunately, the events over the last 6 months have been the most hurtful to endure, and I seemed to grieve all the while, trying and trying to save it, but still aware of the realization of the necessary end, and thank goodness it was not as painful as I anticipated. Very strange.... Again, thank you all for being your wonderful selves!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #1147
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Shannon, I believe in fate, things happen for a reason. When you were unhappy your daughter probably felt the same. It is the little things that count, appreciate them all. Happiness to both you and your precious daughter !! Barb
Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #1148
Chef Extraordinaire

i suppose this is a tiny vent, I don't believe it, why me and a good old laugh or cry situation..I got up today, got ready and went to the grocery to pick up a veal pocket (cima) that I'd ordered..I went to the meat department to find a small crowd gathere around an older woman, who was more than a little upset..Let's say speaking rather loudly. Fine I pull my basket over to the side to wait..The young butcher who is trying to explain something to the woman sees me, waves me over and says Maam, the veal you ordered is here, but this lady say's it's hers!!! She then screams it's in the counter, I asked for it you have to give it to me. I'm looking from one to the other rather dismayed..The owner of the store comes over asks what's wrong and she is off and running again..The poor young butcher is trying to explain that yes the meat is in the counter, but that Mrs. so and so's name is one it..Lord she really went into obit.. I was not about to fool with her so I said give her the meat and just give me two good sized rib eyes instead. Owner says you don't have to do that, I said PLEASE give her the meat! All the while she is yelling to everyone within shouting distance I was trying to take her meat... They wrapped up the meat, gave it to her and off she went muttering, no thank you nada..I get in line she is in another to check out and she then tells the girl, this isn't what I wanted, take it back! By this time owner has come upon us and he went over and told her you take that meat or else! Later he took out my groceries and explained she is very whealthy, spoiled and lonely, she comes to the store several times a week, loads up the basket, then when she
checks out, waits til things are started to be rung then say's she does not want this that and the other and ends up taking maybe two or three items..He say's they allow this for her as they feel sorry for her, but after today, she will be watched. When I got home and went over my grocery tag, The TWO steaks were given NO CHARGE to me with a bunch of flowers..
so vent a little, angry a little, glad I just walked away without smakcing her you bet! Praying I never ever behave that way to anyone ever..
kadesma
Old 03-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #1149
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Having worked in a seafood meat service counter, The Butcher should have taken the meat out of the case, put it in the back fridge w/ your name on it !!! He was so wrong, you did just as I would have done -not fight a losing battle !! You go girl !! Enjoy your rib eyes - (My favorite) You tried Hon, to surprize DH, maybe next time !!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #1150
Master Chef

Wow, what a story, almost like the soviet union, fight for your piece of meat. Some people, huh, but I do agree meat should have been wrapped in white paper, and put away with your name on it, so not only anybody would see what's in there but also it would be clearly marked with your name.