"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #1151
Chef Extraordinaire

Barb, Charlie,,
I agree the meat should have been kept in the back with my name on it. I've asked that to be done next time...Still in all, it was the easier thing to do to, just let her have her way..And get away from there fast...

kadesma

Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #1152
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I had to chase our dog up the street just a few minutes ago. The kid from down the street cam to see if TC could come out to play & while I was explaining to him that TC is grounded for a week, Mack ran between my feet & out the door. I asked the kid to try & catch him while I slipped on some shoes & he just stood there looking at me like I was stupid!! This kid irritates me to no end anyway. He is very rude & talks back to his mom & teachers. On top of that he's mean to the other kids at school, kicking, hitting, & pushing them for no reason at all. He knows he's not going to get into any trouble at home for it because his mom thinks he's an angel. One major reason he acts like this is because his mom is also way overprotective & won't let him out of her sight for 2 seconds when he's home.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #1153
Hospitality Queen

kades, those flowers are a reminder of how kind you are.
Plus, it's always nice to have a butcher who wants to get on your good side!

crewsk, that must drive you batty! Doesn't that make you realize (again) what great kids you have, that you know they'd help a neighbor's mom get their dog back?
Perhaps TC's grounding was a well-timed thing!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #1154
Master Chef

Yes it does drive me insaine! I'd love to let that kid spend a week at my house & learn a few things about respect & kindness. It does make me realize what good kids I have, I take that for granted sometimes.

On top of that, I had to leave Savannah laying on the couch with severe stomache cramps to get our dog. He's spending a little alone time in his kennel for running out like that.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #1155
Everymom

Some of you already have heard this particular vent so feel free to ignore me. My computer is a piece of CRAP! I know we need to add more RAM, (or frankly we may be at the point of getting a new computer) but we need other things more. So, the computer fix will have to wait. Meanwhile, I crash if I even THINK about using MSN, and forget trying to print something from the Internet. ARGH! I'm trying to do a bunch of stuff for Bugs' ball team and I'm so frustrated I could snap. I've been fighting with the stupid bloody thing for 3 hours now and it will work only sporadically. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

(And I know someone is going to ask so I'll tell you now, I can only run my spyware/anti virus removal programs in Safe Mode or I crash. I have done all of them recently so we are relatively free of kaka in that respect.)
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #1156
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I feel your pain Alix!! I could go bonkers with such probs, so kudos to you for keeping your marbles together!! I really hope you can get a new, faster and bigger computer soon, don't settle for RAM any smaller than 1GB, at the very least. That is not even enough for us and we will be looking something way expanded on our impending computer switch!!

Well there was a major blackout in the area of Cris's office, though he had the backup system ready something went wrong when the power came back 4 hours later, one of the servers doesn't run, and this one contains a lot of precious data from one of the most important clients, Cris has been in the office since 3AM trying to recover them and from the look of it, things have not been solved yet ... poor Cris, I hope nothing important has been lost!!

Meanwhile I had my usual petty frustration at the gym, my afternoon trip was pretty much useless, as my favourite spinning instructor was down with influenza and replaced by my LEAST favourite instructor, she bores me to death so I didn't bother with spinning any longer, decided to attack on punching bag at the aerobic room, then I was shooed away because they were going to have a staff meeting. Hoping for a better luck this evening!!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #1157
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
oh dear :(

I can SO sympathise with you, the last time I got THAT Fried with a PC I suffered a Broken Arm in 3 places (I hit it and sent it flying, except I hit the Corner of it instead!).

do you know what PC it is, or even better Exactly what RAM type it needs, I can`t promise anything, but I can ask one of the Tech Guys for you (they have Loads of spare this/that/the other laying about) :)

don`t be Stupid like I was!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #1158
Master Chef

Well, 2 nights of very little sleep have taken their toll on me. I woke up with a headache, sore throat, stuffy nose, & sneezing. I haven't taken anything yet but I did drink some hot lemon/honey tea & my throat doesn't feel like it's lined with sandpaper anymore.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #1159
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Well, 2 nights of very little sleep have taken their toll on me. I woke up with a headache, sore throat, stuffy nose, & sneezing. I haven't taken anything yet but I did drink some hot lemon/honey tea & my throat doesn't feel like it's lined with sandpaper anymore.
Miss Crewsk...

Sorry to here you are not feeling well this AM Allergies maybe?
No matter..I do hope you feel better as the day progesses. Maybe some hot soup will pick you up..
Here is a big {{{{{{Miss Crewsk}}}}} from Dr. ah Uncle Bob

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #1160
Master Chef

Thanks Uncle Bob! It is more than likely allergies. I'm on my to the kitchen now to warm up a bowl of veggie beef soup that my mom brought yesterday.

Oh, I forgot part of my vent earlier! I got lost on my way back home from taking the kids to school this morning!! I had to stop & get gas on my way home & instead of trying to turn left & fighting the traffic from the high school, I decided to take the back way into the subdivision. Well, long story short, I passed the rode not once, but twice!!! I have no idea where my head was at but I'm going to blame it on being sick.