"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #1181
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Oh kadesma, what a crappy day! Thank goodness for those loving arms you had with you all day. Heres one more hug {{{{{{{{{{kadesma}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks Alix,
that helps a lot too. I hate being a whinner, but being able to come here shapes me up in no time...

kadesma

Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #1182
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
So sorry for your horrible day, but glad you have your darlings with you - Grandchildren can brighten and make your day ! Your Moms Roses with be awesome this year ! Enjoy
Thanks Barb,
I'm sure that those roses are going to out do themselves this next bloom..Things will be fine. Yep having the little ones helps so much, just looking at those little faces, you forget your troubles and just have to return smile for smile...

kadesma

Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #1183
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Because of county rules, now that my mother has passed, we cannot keep the mobile home she lived in on our 8 acres..
this is the part of kads' post that really bothers me. For pete's sake, it's private property!

Why does the county care what structures you have on it, occupied or not?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #1184
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
this is the part of kads' post that really bothers me. For pete's sake, it's private property!

Why does the county care what structures you have on it, occupied or not?
They do bug,
each year we had to get a doctors written request to use the home to care for our parents..Plus we have a neighbor how is constantly into everyones business..They hound the county each year about that home..Seems her dad wanted to park a large motor home on her property and the county said no as it was not on a foundation, so they turn us in every year and every year we get an okay..The minute my mom passed away, this same neighbor, called the county and reported it as an empty home...Poor thing has nothing better to do..So, we had to get rid of the home..We asked if it could be turned into an office, gym type thing, but no, I think they are afraid we will let someone live there and they won't get the tax money!! Who knows..Now if we ever need living assistance, we have to shell out for another home and then try to get an okay..Such are the rules around this neck of the woods...The grouches rule the roost..They feel if they don't have it you can't either!!

kadesma
Old 03-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #1185
Chef Extraordinaire

Sorry, kads, but you live in a stupid county. And have an even worse neighbor. My sympathies.

Not that I should talk - we have the homeowners' associations here in Subdivisionland, aka the House Nazis. They get to dictate what kind of fence you put around your yard, how much fence you get to put up, the colors you paint your house, yada, yada.

I could put up with it thinking that at least it's different when you have some acreage (which we will, someday), but your experience has disillusioned me.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #1186
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Sorry, kads, but you live in a stupid county. And have an even worse neighbor. My sympathies.

Not that I should talk - we have the homeowners' associations here in Subdivisionland, aka the House Nazis. They get to dictate what kind of fence you put around your yard, how much fence you get to put up, the colors you paint your house, yada, yada.

I could put up with it thinking that at least it's different when you have some acreage (which we will, someday), but your experience has disillusioned me.
I agree, some of the rules are really foolish..But you do learn to live with them..At least being on 8 acres, my neighbor is far enough away that I can just ignore her..So don't let this change your mind about having land of your own..I wouldn't trade it for anything..My girls both have their first nice homes and as nice and big as they are, they have next door neighbors you can reach out and almost touch the homes are so close..Oh for the days of a beautiful large home with enough acrage around it so you can have a nice lawn, trees and a good sized area for flowers and not knock knees with your neighbors! Dream on dream on

kadesma
Old 03-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #1187
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, kadesma, what inconsiderate goobers! I'm sorry you had such a nasty experience. However, I think if you give the roses a good hard prune they'll be just fine. Many roses are hardier than we can imagine. Sending hugs to you so you can feel a little better.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #1188
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
Oh, kadesma, what inconsiderate goobers! I'm sorry you had such a nasty experience. However, I think if you give the roses a good hard prune they'll be just fine. Many roses are hardier than we can imagine. Sending hugs to you so you can feel a little better.
Thanks Katie,
I realize that I just acted out of shock and hurt..But sunday to me has always been the day of rest so the movers showing up on a sunday really got me. Plus the fact that they were asked to please let us know the date and time..They didn't..Oh well, live and learn..I'm pretty sure the roses will be fine. My son-in-law is coming tonight and we will prune and see what happens..Fingers crossed

kadesma
Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #1189
Master Chef

Kads, how did you and your SIL make out with the roses?

Well, both Sofie and DH ended up at the doctor's yesterday afternoon. Sofie has the roto-virus and is cutting two molars. I was told that since she has a sensitive tummy to begin with (reflux, etc) it will probably take her longer to get over her virus than normal. They said not to be surprised if it's another good week or so. She's trying hard to be her normal busy and chipper self but like anyone when you don't feel well you're grouchy. She's been getting into trouble left and right and I feel like all I've been doing is saying "no." All she wants is me. Even when I'm holding her or when she's asleep all she says over and over is "mama, mama." Sweet but it gets on your nerves after awhile too (especially when you hear it from 2--4 AM ).

Then there's poor Nathan. He has the stomach flu and pneumonia!!! We knew he had a nasty cough but sure didn't expect that. He was told to take at least today off from work (the doc gave him a note for yesterday and today) and his boss is giving him the worst time about not being there and has made it very, very clear that he better be there tomorrow. He's so weak and sick I don't know how he'll do it. What a rotten job.

I'm surprisingly staying relatively healthy. Guess I don't have a choice! I'm just beat (and the teensyist bit stressed! ).
Old 03-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #1190
Executive Chef

oh mygosh, my best friend currently has pneumonia and she has stayed in the house for over one week. She has neighbors taking care of the livestock and even refilling the bird feeders, she is so weak. Hope EVERYBODY starts to feel normal again real soon!!