Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sush, the grass is always greener...

i've heard it and experienced it many times. when you stop looking, and are just ok with whom and where you are, you'll meet someone.
and then that's only the beginning.
then you have to work to stay happy. believe me, being alone can look like pretty green grass as well.

hey, the offer to hook you up with a joisey chick still stands...:cool:
booka-chicka-booka-chicka-bow-bow (remember my pimp music?)

pdswife, YAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
i'm happy for your melly. i wonder if she ejected her tail feathers as a flight/escape response, almost like a fighter jet ejects chaff, to throw off the path of the attacking bogey, or in this case, the dog.
don't worry, they'll grow back before you know it. make sure you increase the amounts of vitamins, ans especially calcium in their diet for the near future. stressful situations in the hen house like that one will tax their health, and will need a little boost of nutrition.

I will send my buddy Tigger to cheer you up, Sushi...
img_204304_0_92d3a02fa764404e7d515d59f918abb6.gif

These schwucky blue Christmases, been there done that more than once for myself!! But never stop believing that when time is right, and very often when you are least expecting, your princess charming will find you. Or you will find her. She is more unlikely to appear when you are trying too hard to find her though, when you are in this mode it is more likely that you would end up with Miss Wrong. So just let things happen, and keep on being your charming self... as for now, call or visit your buddy(buddies), or anyone who means something special to you, or as someone suggested a little while ago, why don't you volunteer and share the spirit with people who are less fortunate? I hope you will find a little happiness and cheer, you deserve it... and believe that some day soon, you will be enjoying many years of beautiful christmases full of smiles and love!! And also don't forget, anytime you feel lonesome, we are always here to give you
6.gif
's and
11.gif
's!!

And Trish, I am so happy that this scary incident saw a happy ending!! It must have been sooooo frightening for you, not to mention to poor Melly!! I would have died of a heartattack!! Give her a tender loving hug for me!!:) :heart:

Bad news... Good news.

We are having a windstorm.... one of the huge trees in our yard just fell.
Hit the deck and did some damage. Too much for any good feelings. It hit Lily Lily Queen of cats little cat house But it missed the chicken cage by about 3 inches! That's the good news. I'm shaking. A LOT! I love wind but not today.

pdswife said:
It hit Lily Lily Queen of cats little cat house
LOL We had a "cat house" too! It was the subject of a few jokes, especially since our cat Theodore fathered kittens with every female in the neighborhood!

I'm glad that you didn't end up with more damage than you did. I'm sorry about your tree, and for the scare it gave you.

:) Barbara

OK, my little gripe. We bought the kids a PS2 for Christmas and we all love it. Playing it all the time. So my gripe you ask? Well...yesterday the dog was being a pain in the butt so we told her to scram. She managed to get herself tangled in the controller cords and yank that game system and scratch the crap out of a disk. I really love the dog, but honestly...what an idiot! Why won't they just be still when you tell them to? The brand new disk is unplayable, and we thing the game system might have sustained damage too. NOT EVEN 3 FULL DAYS IN THE HOUSE!!!! BAH!

Yikes! That's terrible Alix. I hope the system is ok. You know, of course, that it was not an accident. Your dog planned it all out very carefully as a way to let you know that you are supposed to play only with her!

My mom's dog Baby would sit in front of the TV whenever she wanted attention! Luckily she didn't learn any bad habits from your dog, or she would have ripped out the cable! :LOL:

:) Barbara

Well did you see the King of the Hill where Bobby is starting this whole Jesus act. So Peggy and Bobby are playing a PS2 game called Escape From Egypt! They are running out of the red sea and Peggy says "Oh no I am running out of strength I need more milk and honey!"

Cameron

I think the machine is OK, it has behaved normally on the other games so I think we are alright. I would just have been so #$%$#^^! if we had only had it for 3 days without something going wrong. That is one expensive little beastie.

my fridge froze my food. my caviar, my delicate proscuitto slices, my cheeses, my drinks in glass bottles (bye to those!), some of my stuff isn't frozen, though. so it's been cupboard food and eggnog if not take-out for me!

Mine did that before, luvs. We ended up having to lower the temp to the minimum for a few days and then reset it to where we normally keep it. We lost some food,but, it beats having to buy another frig. I hope the rest of your food is okay.

Sliced my finger doing potatoes with my Oxo peeler - right on the very tip, where it's hard to keep a bandaid on. I've got two on now and altho the dripping has stopped, I just know it'll turn into a gusher if I take them off.

Dang mudbug, BE CAREFUL!!
I sliced the tip of mine off on my slicer that I got from PC. It wasn't bad, but, seeing the tip of my finger, I got a little whoozy!! lol
Now when I go to one of the parties and they show the slicer, all of my family look at me and start laughing, big meanies!!

When I was in 7th grade, in home economics, I sewed my finger. I remember going up to the teacher with a needle pointing out of both ends of my finger and she freaked! It wasn't the first time that had happened in her class, I didn't think it was a big deal but it was treated as a big deal! Sorry I hope I didn't gross you guys out...

speaking of accidentally mutilating oneself... :sick:

When I was about 18, while I still lived in NY, I worked in the deli department of a supermarket. It was only for 6 or 7 months, after which I/we moved to PA.

I was slicing (on one of those professional-grade deli slicers) some pepperoni, for one of our regular customers. I was being a little careless (obviously)...talking to the customer, over my shoulder...shooting the breeze. All-of-a-sudden-like, I thought someone had whacked me in my lower back. Maybe one of my co-workers goofing around. Turns out, it was just the "shock wave" from cutting off the top of my (right) thumb. Diagonally, right through the nail (didn't reach bone, though).

It didn't hurt (not right away), and I was the ONLY one in the deli that DIDN'T panic. They hustled me into the back room, and (after thorough washing) sprayed a bunch of that Derma Plast onto my thumb, and THEN wrapped me in several layers of gauze, etc. For the rest of my shift, I sort of sat around, watching everyone else work (I had to wait another couple of hours before I could go home...my ride was one of my co-workers).

I never did receive any professional medical attention; I just waited patiently for it to heal (which it did; my thumb now looks good-as-new). Took several months for it to heal up completely, though.

I should also mention (why not---everyone's cringing already) that I offered a reward of $20 (a princely sum in those days) for the return of the lost piece of my thumb. Nope, no takers :huh:

--J

Mudbug, were you using the protective handle? The only times I've ever hurt myself was when I tried to bypass that. Those little slices take a while to heal.

240brickman said:
speaking of accidentally mutilating oneself... :sick:

When I was about 18, while I still lived in NY, I worked in the deli department of a supermarket. It was only for 6 or 7 months, after which I/we moved to PA.

I was slicing (on one of those professional-grade deli slicers) some pepperoni, for one of our regular customers. I was being a little careless (obviously)...talking to the customer, over my shoulder...shooting the breeze. All-of-a-sudden-like, I thought someone had whacked me in my lower back. Maybe one of my co-workers goofing around. Turns out, it was just the "shock wave" from cutting off the top of my (right) thumb. Diagonally, right through the nail (didn't reach bone, though).

It didn't hurt (not right away), and I was the ONLY one in the deli that DIDN'T panic. They hustled me into the back room, and (after thorough washing) sprayed a bunch of that Derma Plast onto my thumb, and THEN wrapped me in several layers of gauze, etc. For the rest of my shift, I sort of sat around, watching everyone else work (I had to wait another couple of hours before I could go home...my ride was one of my co-workers).

I never did receive any professional medical attention; I just waited patiently for it to heal (which it did; my thumb now looks good-as-new). Took several months for it to heal up completely, though.

I should also mention (why not---everyone's cringing already) that I offered a reward of $20 (a princely sum in those days) for the return of the lost piece of my thumb. Nope, no takers :huh:

--J

:sick: :sick: I couldn't even read all of this through. OUCH!!!!!!

I didn't read it either - the first couple of lines did it for me! Anybody's blood makes me big time queasy! I have passed out from seeing my own when cut.

I am glad to know I am not the only one who has lost a piece of myself to those danged blades of torture. I lost a piece of my thumb a while back...and I was using the stupid holder thingy. My hands were wet though, and whoops! There it went.

mudbug, there is a kind of second skin stuff you can buy at a pharmacy. It sticks anywhere and is like another layer of skin. It holds onto fingertips WAY better than a bandaid. I used it til my thumb healed up. You have my sympathies

and how did I EVER miss this thread???

I can't even begin to gripe, but I will say that my phone company has a combined IQ of 4, my gardeners have "forgotten" to service my yards after I gave them their early Christmas bonus, and my house keeps being invaded by troops of stupid ants. Yes, I know ants are smart little things, but these beasties bypass the sugar and go straight for the bathrooms and closets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom