"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #1191
Master Chef

Poor Sofie and Nathan.....hope they feel better soon. I hated it when my kids were little because you just feel so darn helpless when they look up at you and you've literally don't everything you can for them medically. They'll be in my prayers.

You better start drinking the OJ to fight off any of the germs that are floating around you.....that is if your not a diabetic ;). Heck break out the Lysol and bath in it.... you have a serious germ war taking place

Old 03-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #1192
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
his boss is giving him the worst time about not being there and has made it very, very clear that he better be there tomorrow.
what a heart of gold this guy has. Does nathan know about monster.com?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #1193
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Kads, how did you and your SIL make out with the roses?

Well, both Sofie and DH ended up at the doctor's yesterday afternoon. Sofie has the roto-virus and is cutting two molars. I was told that since she has a sensitive tummy to begin with (reflux, etc) it will probably take her longer to get over her virus than normal. They said not to be surprised if it's another good week or so. She's trying hard to be her normal busy and chipper self but like anyone when you don't feel well you're grouchy. She's been getting into trouble left and right and I feel like all I've been doing is saying "no." All she wants is me. Even when I'm holding her or when she's asleep all she says over and over is "mama, mama." Sweet but it gets on your nerves after awhile too (especially when you hear it from 2--4 AM ).

Then there's poor Nathan. He has the stomach flu and pneumonia!!! We knew he had a nasty cough but sure didn't expect that. He was told to take at least today off from work (the doc gave him a note for yesterday and today) and his boss is giving him the worst time about not being there and has made it very, very clear that he better be there tomorrow. He's so weak and sick I don't know how he'll do it. What a rotten job.

I'm surprisingly staying relatively healthy. Guess I don't have a choice! I'm just beat (and the teensyist bit stressed! ).
Pa,
so far the roses are doing fine..We cut them way way back and there is no wilting or anything..We should be fine..
Wish I could help you with Sofie, poor little one..Sore mouth, rumble tummy and Nathan gee whiz, I'd not worry about his boss I know you have to worry, but he could end up in a hospital if he isn't careful with pneumonia..That one that is going around is really nasty, it took me well over a month to 8 weeks to lose the cough..And he will just run out of gas easy..So getting well is really important before going back to work..Have my fingers crossed for all of you and some hugs too...

kadesma
Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #1194
Master Chef

Thanks, everyone! I sure needed those hugs and could feel every one!

Sof ate some dinner tonight and had a little more happy pep then she's had in awhile. Maybe one's one the road to recovery.

Kads, I made your MIL's soup and it's SO good! It's our family's new "sick soup." Thanks so much!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #1195
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks, everyone! I sure needed those hugs and could feel every one!

Sof ate some dinner tonight and had a little more happy pep then she's had in awhile. Maybe one's one the road to recovery.

Kads, I made your MIL's soup and it's SO good! It's our family's new "sick soup." Thanks so much!!!
I'm glad you liked it Pa, it seems to help and it's easy on the tummy...

kadesma
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM   #1196
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I hope your kids get better soon PABaker. It's hard when the little ones are sick. Our 4 year old is down with the flu and and tonsilitis. We had to come back early from our Spring Break vacation since he had a high fever. I don't like this flu and rotavirus season. I will say a prayer for your kids for a speedy recovery.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #1197
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I hope Sofie & Nathan are better soon PA!{{{HUGS}}} I'd love to give his boss a swift kick in the rear !! Oh, I second Sizz's sugestion of bathing in Lysol. I keep a bottle of the concentrated Lysol (the one in the brown bottle) & when anyone here is sick, I add pour some in with the laundry. I also know a little old lady who lived to be 103 & she put a capful of it in her bath water every day. I never could get up the nerve to do that though!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #1198
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I hope Sofie & Nathan are better soon PA!{{{HUGS}}} I'd love to give his boss a swift kick in the rear !! Oh, I second Sizz's sugestion of bathing in Lysol. I keep a bottle of the concentrated Lysol (the one in the brown bottle) & when anyone here is sick, I add pour some in with the laundry. I also know a little old lady who lived to be 103 & she put a capful of it in her bath water every day. I never could get up the nerve to do that though!
LOL....I started reading this and my eyes started getting wider and wider all the while thinking "Oh no she doesn't"....Oh please tell me you don't bath in it . 103 or not I'm gonna pass on that tip...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #1199
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Oh, I second Sizz's sugestion of bathing in Lysol. I keep a bottle of the concentrated Lysol (the one in the brown bottle) & when anyone here is sick, I add pour some in with the laundry. I also know a little old lady who lived to be 103 & she put a capful of it in her bath water every day. I never could get up the nerve to do that though!
my eyes were getting wide on this too, i'm thinking, ouch, ooouuuuhhh, my what would that do to your skin. Then i'm thinking the old lady had probably self embalmed her self, that's why she lived so long
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #1200
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring
i'm thinking the old lady had probably self embalmed her self, that's why she lived so long
That's gotta be it, Beth!

As I called it, Nathan was exhausted by the time he got in to work this AM. His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day to get caught up (he's already caught up) . He then told Nathan he had to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for an 8:30 AM meeting. From here, he'd have to catch a 4:30 AM train to get there on time and the boss wasn't going to let him go down this evening because he didn't want to have to pay for a hotel room! He finally relented when Nathan found as cheap of a rate as possible. I hate the thought of him traveling and doing so much when he feels so badly but it's his job. What can you do? At least he'll be able to get some rest and not get up so terribly early tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that Sofie is feeling well enough that I can manage her on my own all night!