"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #1201
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Poor Nathan... spending a night at a cheap motel is not an ideal choice either when you are still feeling icky, but given the choice, it was a wiser thing to do... what a jerk of a boss he is, I hope he will get sick and realise how hard it is!! And I bet a person like this is typically the one who moans to the whole world that he is about to die when he does get sick even just slightly!

Have him bundle up well for the journey and slip in a goodie or two in his baggage, I hope all will go well for him!!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #1202
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring
my eyes were getting wide on this too, i'm thinking, ouch, ooouuuuhhh, my what would that do to your skin. Then i'm thinking the old lady had probably self embalmed her self, that's why she lived so long
Wonder what else she did with household cleaners....... .....never mind

Poor Nathan......tell him were thinking of him and hope he feels better soon......and to be sure to cough and sneeze whenever the boss is in the vacinity and if he can to be sure to cough on the bosses phone reciever.....that'll teach the no good scoundral to not have any sympathy for others. Not very nice of me I guess but the boss started it ;)

Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #1203
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
That's gotta be it, Beth!

As I called it, Nathan was exhausted by the time he got in to work this AM. His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day to get caught up (he's already caught up) . He then told Nathan he had to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for an 8:30 AM meeting. From here, he'd have to catch a 4:30 AM train to get there on time and the boss wasn't going to let him go down this evening because he didn't want to have to pay for a hotel room! He finally relented when Nathan found as cheap of a rate as possible. I hate the thought of him traveling and doing so much when he feels so badly but it's his job. What can you do? At least he'll be able to get some rest and not get up so terribly early tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that Sofie is feeling well enough that I can manage her on my own all night!
This is horrible and it sounds like a Joan Crawford movie. It's hard to believe that bosses act like that.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #1204
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
My goodness, what kind of work does Nathan do that someone can't cover for him when he's this sick? Poor guy.

His boss needs a kick in the pants!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #1205
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker

As I called it, Nathan was exhausted by the time he got in to work this AM. His boss made it clear that between the time he missed for my grandfather's funeral last week and the two days this week for pneumonia he had to stay all day to get caught up (he's already caught up) . He then told Nathan he had to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for an 8:30 AM meeting. From here, he'd have to catch a 4:30 AM train to get there on time and the boss wasn't going to let him go down this evening because he didn't want to have to pay for a hotel room! He finally relented when Nathan found as cheap of a rate as possible. I hate the thought of him traveling and doing so much when he feels so badly but it's his job. What can you do? At least he'll be able to get some rest and not get up so terribly early tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that Sofie is feeling well enough that I can manage her on my own all night!

This truely sucks. It appears DH's boss is having a problem and is unfortunately taking it out on DH. The boss really does need a kick in the pants. I liked the suggestion that DH sneeze on the boss's phone, or some such similar tactic. I hope the whole family recovers soon
Old 03-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #1206
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Wonder what else she did with household cleaners....... .....never mind

I found it REALLY hard not to go there!!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #1207
Executive Chef

PA what a lousy boss and not too smart either.If boss would let him rest a bit DH would be way more productive.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #1208
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
gosh, I wish this thread didn't have to be, and we were all happy without life's craziness! Wishing for a better day tomorrow!

My vent today is, I am just cranky. Not outwardly towards others, at least hopefully not a lot, but just feeling very overwhelmed, like you get pulled in 28 different directions, physical, emotional, the whole thing, and then, you leave over half of it unfinished or unattended or just gave up, because you are too busy being sidetracked by all the other stuff, then nothing gets done. Like I don't even have time to think! And I-NEED-MY-THINKING-QUIET-ALONE-ME-TIME!!! Reminds me of a quote, "lost myself in a thousand compromises" sigh, going to bed. Tomorrow is a new day. I hope.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #1209
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
my vent is little--and maybe even funny--but at the time....
i had just found out that my ex decided that since he didn't make alot of money during the last pay period that he doesn't have to pay child support..been waiting all week for the cheque.my other half is out of town working, Jake hasn't been going to sleep like normal since the time change..so i'm tired.i was changing the sheets on my bed and i have 2 big feather pillows that i have protective zipper covers on.well i don't always take those off to wash just the pillow case...well today i did
there was a rip down the seam of the pillow and yup you gussed it..feathers everywhere...looked like i plucked a duck..
think i will be finding feathers for years..
Old 03-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #1210
Everymom

Better today Shannon? I sure know that feeling.

babyhuggies, GRRR!! Darn that ex and darn those feathers! Be very grateful it wasn't a foam chip pillow. Let me tell you from experience that you can't vacuum OR sweep that stuff up. You have to pick up each individual piece up by hand.

Closed Thread