"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #1221
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thank you all so much!!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #1222
Chef Extraordinaire

crewsk,
right now, I'm sure you feel like you've been kicked by a mule...And it's hard to sit still and listen to us all say it will be better, and just hang in there..I'll just say to you..You are loved, you have each other, and YOU will perservere..A good deal of prayers and happy thoughts are on the way..

kadesma

Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #1223
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sorry to hear this Crewsk. I know it's a hard thing to go through. Been there done that but... as I was thinking about it I realized HEY, it's almost summer!!
If hubby has to be off work this is a nice time for it. Think of the good times you'll be able to have as a family ( between Job interviews)!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #1224
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
oh crewsk....that is a much worse day than me....i send you big hugs and hope things turn around for you guys soon.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #1225
Master Chef

Oh, crewsk, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you guys again! You're so fortunate that things like this bring you all closer--it could just as easily go the other way. You have a very special family. Give them all a big hug tonight. I hope Matt's doing OK.

We're here for you if there's anything we can do. {{Huge Hugs!}}
Old 03-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #1226
Sous Chef

Okay... My pet peeve at the moment is that I do 95% of the cooking in my house (kids are out of the house and in college), and it's mostly just my bright star wife and I at home, and I do like to cook. I DO NOT have issue with the cooking part... what I have issue with, is that my bright star can not make a cup of coffee without making a mess of less then one counter...

I love her to death (married 24+ yrs), but she couldn't clean a sink to save her life.

Casper

Anyone else relate?

And yes, I know this is pidly in comparison to some posts... but thought it should be lighhtened up after 123 pages :-) I was starting to get depressed... i

Crewsk - Please tell us you have some good news.... in any case, my prayers are with you.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #1227
Sous Chef

That's what makes marriage happy!! The sheer messiness of it all at times!!

Carry on enjoying that coffee
Old 03-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #1228
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Casper, I can truly relate... my partner Cris loves to cook too and very good at it, but he is a type who thinks of only the immediate present and not worry about the mess he makes and the fact of having to cleaning it up, he will use just about everything and then some in the kitchen, spills everything all over the counter, table and floor, honestly he does clean it and cleans it well WHEN he remembers, but most often, he doesn't!!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #1229
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thank you all so much! Your thoughts, hugs, & prayers are truly being felt! Hubby is doing fine, he had a feeling this was coming, just didn't know when.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #1230
Master Chef

So sorry to hear this Crewsk. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I can only imagine how stressful you all must feel. Does your area have a temporary work service in the area? I know a lot of people in this area use it to get their foot into places they want to work. It may tide you guys until he finds what he's looking for.