"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #1261
Everymom

The person bothering Shannon no longer has access to the site. Just FYI. Still, those precautions are good ones. We all need to remember not to reveal too much personal info on here. We become so close we forget that other people are reading this too. Whoops!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #1262
Executive Chef

How is that done Alix cant people go on any computer and access DC as a guest?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #1263
Sous Chef

(((Shannon)) I wish you lots of love and protection from anyone that would try you.
Here's an update on little Brady. His Dad was told to spendthe night on Wednesday as Brady had cerebral hemmoragh and difficulty breathing. But by Thurs morning the hemmoraghing had stopped and he was breathing easier. Today the doctors noticed a perforation in his intestine nd are going to repair it.What a strong little guy huh??His Mom was discharged this morning but, is staying with hisDad in the Ronald Mc Donald house on the hospital property.
Jimmy and I went to the wake of our friend Maryann on Wednesday night. I had to go see her youngest daughter Andrea who was my son Jymm's oldest friend and who Maryann loved like a son. I had to hold herand tell her how much I loved her and she said to me " Ilove you to and I hope you know how much my Mom loved you and now she and Jymm are together and this brings me comfort knowing my Mom is with Jymm"This made my heart very heavy but at the same time I was glad to know this brought her comfort.
Tomorrow is ourfiend Kathleen's memorial service. It has definitely been an emotional week. Maybe it's the hormones- I don't know but, I'm wondering why so many good people are taken at once. I don't feel worthy of much right now but, I'm sure that I will realize how much better a person I am for having them and not to mention all of you in my life.LOve and energy, Vicki
PS I wrote this through a torrential down pour of tears -thank you for letting me release them.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #1264
Executive Chef

Alix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
The person bothering Shannon no longer has access to the site. Just FYI. Still, those precautions are good ones. We all need to remember not to reveal too much personal info on here. We become so close we forget that other people are reading this too. Whoops!
Alix, now you tell me! No wonder I have someone listening on the phone, sending me emails, leaving things on my lawn, etc. Could be someone knows so much about me they know how to annoy me. Even though a person is adult, can't trust each other. Sure thankful my dogs don't have 'sick' thoughts.

To be honest, whenever I commented on this site, I wanted to consider people I could trust. What a wake-up call.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #1265
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
thank you for the kind words and pm's. I don't feel my words would cause any problems, and I don't believe he will be checking on here anymore, even if he is blocked and can gain access otherwise. I would by no means use the site as a means to harass him either. Just really having a tough time. I have lost my parents and several good friends over all this, and I am so angry, and there is so much mending to do. Again, thank you for being there with such kind words when I needed them most.

And now for my next vent...

I am attending the funeral of a fallen soldier today, leaving behind a wife and child. However, if any of you have heard of a certain radical protest group from Topeka, KS, they will also be attending. There will be over 300 Patriot Guard there to block them, but these people are horrible! I am sickened by the reaction my dear friend will have if she sees their presence.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #1266
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Another vent from me. Hubby has pneumonia!! I was in the ER with him at 6:45 this morning due to him having trouble breathing, chest pain, & weakness. He has been in pain & having a little trouble breathing since Thurs. We thought it was a pulled muscle, pneumonia didn't even enter our minds because he hasen't been coughing or running a fever. I can at least look at it this way, he hasen't started a new job yet so he can get the rest he needs.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #1267
Head Chef

Oh my goodness, Crewsk. And you still manage the smilies. Hope he gets better soon. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #1268
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Another vent from me. Hubby has pneumonia!! I was in the ER with him at 6:45 this morning due to him having trouble breathing, chest pain, & weakness. He has been in pain & having a little trouble breathing since Thurs. We thought it was a pulled muscle, pneumonia didn't even enter our minds because he hasen't been coughing or running a fever. I can at least look at it this way, he hasen't started a new job yet so he can get the rest he needs.
Gosh, Crewsk, you guys have been through so much lately. Sure hope your DH will be feeling better real soon.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #1269
Chef Extraordinaire

sorry, no time to read thru any of the recent posts.

good on ya, my support to you, hope it gets better, and all of that.

but i need to vent.

ahhhh. AHHHHHHHHHH.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to hit something. very hard. anyone got any ideas?

hey, where does erik live? i've always regeretted destroying anything, or hurting anyone that didn't really deserve it (in 20/20 hindsight).

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #1270
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
sorry, no time to read thru any of the recent posts.

good on ya, my support to you, hope it gets better, and all of that.

but i need to vent.

ahhhh. AHHHHHHHHHH.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to hit something. very hard. anyone got any ideas?

hey, where does erik live? i've always regeretted destroying anything, or hurting anyone that didn't really deserve it (in 20/20 hindsight).
Thank you, bucky. Finally someone who feels as I do. The whole "apron" thing has been festering in my heart and it just pi$$es me off. I feel as though I've been raped or robbed and all my stuff has been ransacked. In fact, I sent an email to Erik imploring him to return the apron, but I suppose my email fell on deaf ears. Crap and a half. Or in the words of Frank Barone, "Holy crap!!" I know you'll understand my last sentence.

And, yes, I want to hit people and break things. What a creep!!! May a gazillion fleas infest his armpits!!!!

Closed Thread