Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's lovely to have a place like this to vent about stupid stuff, as well as important stuff.

Here's my latest pet peeve about something stupid: I hate the expression "It is what it is".

I guess people think it sounds wise and accepting, but it's so trite that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

Lee

Okay, I am truly going to vent now so be forewarned.

I had another of my bad nights where I only got a couple of hours of broken sleep and was up at 6 AM to feed our border and his family before they left and then get to cleaning the room for our new border who arrived at 3 PM this afternoon. That is not the vent (though the lack of sleep is not great, but I am getting used to it).

About 2:30 this afternoon as I am waiting for DH and the border to arrive, the business phone rings. I was going to let the machine get it as I was taking the weekend off but decided I should answer it. I no sooner say hello and this woman on the other end is swearing at me every word in the book and telling me that she is going to make sure my business licence is taken away, blah, blah, blah. I ask what this is all about and she says she has been waiting an hour and a half for the catered food she ordered for her daughter's bridal shower.

I purposely did not book anything for this weekend because of the border change and didn't even recognize the name or the voice.

But she was relentless, saying she booked well in advance and had gotten my name from a friend who highly recommended me. I checked my scheduler and confirmed I had nothing booked for this woman.....ever! But she would not let up. Then she mentioned the name of "my" company, and guess what! It wasn't my company, but another caterer all together.

Well, she just hung up. No apology, no anything. She just slammed the phone in my ear.

I now have her name in my book - under people never to do business with.:mad:

It's lovely to have a place like this to vent about stupid stuff, as well as important stuff.

Here's my latest pet peeve about something stupid: I hate the expression "It is what it is".

I guess people think it sounds wise and accepting, but it's so trite that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

Lee

I also hate, "We shall see what we shall see":mad: :huh: you think??

Okay, I am truly going to vent now so be forewarned.

I had another of my bad nights where I only got a couple of hours of broken sleep and was up at 6 AM to feed our border and his family before they left and then get to cleaning the room for our new border who arrived at 3 PM this afternoon. That is not the vent (though the lack of sleep is not great, but I am getting used to it).

About 2:30 this afternoon as I am waiting for DH and the border to arrive, the business phone rings. I was going to let the machine get it as I was taking the weekend off but decided I should answer it. I no sooner say hello and this woman on the other end is swearing at me every word in the book and telling me that she is going to make sure my business licence is taken away, blah, blah, blah. I ask what this is all about and she says she has been waiting an hour and a half for the catered food she ordered for her daughter's bridal shower.

I purposely did not book anything for this weekend because of the border change and didn't even recognize the name or the voice.

But she was relentless, saying she booked well in advance and had gotten my name from a friend who highly recommended me. I checked my scheduler and confirmed I had nothing booked for this woman.....ever! But she would not let up. Then she mentioned the name of "my" company, and guess what! It wasn't my company, but another caterer all together.

Well, she just hung up. No apology, no anything. She just slammed the phone in my ear.

I now have her name in my book - under people never to do business with.:mad:

At least you have her name if she does ever call for your business!! How RUDE!!!! Makes you want to call her back, doesn't it!!:LOL:

Laurie, I would have hung up on her in the middle of her yelling and screaming fit! HOW RUDE!!!!!! And how dang mean of her.

Laurie, do you have caller ID??
gimme the number.... I'll pay the international fee to RAIL ON HER .......

:)
love ya!

Laurie, I can take a lot of guff, but scream at me like that..I'm afraid she would have a hard time hearing for about 6 months..Neighbor who is a retired police detective, gave me a whistle and said pucker up and blow if you get one of those!!! Sorry you had to put up with that.

kades

Thanks, everyone. I am usually good at dealing with calls like that, and soliciation calls, but I think because I was tired, and it was regarding my business which I have worked hard to gain a good reputation, I was taken totally off guard. But, yes, I do have her name and number and I was thinking I would phone up the company she DID order from and order a whole bunch of food to be delivered to her with payment on delivery! I can block my number on my home phone so they won't know where the call came from.....
Nah, but it sounds good!

I recalled this venting thread and I need to! I'm going to sound like a country and western song here, but we put our dog to sleep on May 12 because of cancer, and my husband (age 37) wants a divorce because he is now with a 20 year old girl. He just moved out today to an apartment with her. It's been a lovely several months for me. :rolleyes: We are not even divorced, so imagine my mind set right now and for the past several months. I dont know how I've survived. I dont work, he does, and he wont pay for anything. What a guy huh?

My sister is here visiting me for moral support, and I'll get strong again and figure out what to do about it all. Thanks for listening.

I recalled this venting thread and I need to! I'm going to sound like a country and western song here, but we put our dog to sleep on May 12 because of cancer, and my husband (age 37) wants a divorce because he is now with a 20 year old girl. He just moved out today to an apartment with her. It's been a lovely several months for me. :rolleyes: We are not even divorced, so imagine my mind set right now and for the past several months. I dont know how I've survived. I dont work, he does, and he wont pay for anything. What a guy huh?

My sister is here visiting me for moral support, and I'll get strong again and figure out what to do about it all. Thanks for listening.

Oh, Amber, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. No, you don't sound like a country and western song, you sound like a strong woman who has just been dealt one blow after the other. My heart and prayers go out to you. Vent all you want here. I have found out from recent experience that there are a lot of wonderful people here to support you.

Dear Amber,

That took a lot of courage on your part.........I'm so sorry to hear.......and no you don't sound like a country and western song.......I know that there are a lot of people on here who will sympathize with you.......cheating spouses are everywhere no matter what countries......you should be where I live.---too political and i"ll be chastized so I won't go there....please hang in there and do as buckytom suggests if you can afford it and get a good lawyer......it's worth it esp. if y'all have any assets at all.....we're here for you........

Amber, I'm so sorry all this is happening to you..Life can be so cruel at times, it makes you feel as if you can never be happy..Believe me sweetie, even though you won't agree right now, you are better off. I don't understand someone who supposedly loved you can be such a putz...Listen to Buckytom get a lawyer..a good one..Mr is going to have to fork over or else..Wages can be attached!!Half of everything is yours!!! Oh my 20 something,sound great does it not? Well, 30 is just
around the corner, wrinkles and saddlebags too...Won't it be fun for her when he goes through male menopause? Woo Hoo..Look what she has to look forward to..You just lucked out of it..I don't mean to be flip, I know you are deeply hurt and I would be as well. Just remember,all of us care for and about you..Use us to yell at,cry, bite our ankle and lean on and we will support you all we can.. Chin up, you are special we can see that.
hugs to you,
kadesma

Amber, my deepest sympathies on having to put your dog down.
hugs,
LadyCook.

Oh wow, jeez, Amber!! I'm soo sorry about your dog!! The husband, that is hard one! What a CREEP!! Do at BT says, get a lawyer, QUICK!! Find one that takes cases on win situations, sorry, can't remember the word for it. This is your husbands fault, make him pay for it!!! You'll win this one. Kick him where it hurts girl!! All the luck and good wishes to you!!

I thought I would post this as an addendum to the vent on my "outraged non-client" call yesterday. About 9 o'clock last night I got a call from the owner of the other catering company who had the contract. I guess she told him about the call (and had the nerve to say that it was ME who was rude to HER). He wanted to apologize and thought I might be interested in why he didn't deliver the food....she had given him the wrong address and her phone was busy (probably phoning every caterer in town looking for her food).

I think it might be safe to say this woman will find it difficult to get anything catered in the future!!!!

I feel MUCH better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom