Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recalled this venting thread and I need to! I'm going to sound like a country and western song here, but we put our dog to sleep on May 12 because of cancer, and my husband (age 37) wants a divorce because he is now with a 20 year old girl. He just moved out today to an apartment with her. It's been a lovely several months for me. :rolleyes: We are not even divorced, so imagine my mind set right now and for the past several months. I dont know how I've survived. I dont work, he does, and he wont pay for anything. What a guy huh?

My sister is here visiting me for moral support, and I'll get strong again and figure out what to do about it all. Thanks for listening.
Amber, I am so sorry to hear of all the awful things that are happening in your life right now. First, I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog. Second, even if your hubby has been/is a jerk, he's the person you loved enough to marry so it's a huge loss. Most of us plan when we marry to spend the rest of our lives with our spouse and shape our lives around that. When one suddenly leaves, it's devastating and forces us to rethink our whole lives. Plus, there's often a deep feeling of failure. I know your heart is broken and I really feel for you. Cry when you need to and lean on your friends for support. (This is a great place to go for support.)

The advice about a lawyer is good advice to help you get through the immediate financial restructuring. Also, I don't know anything about your educational or work background but you may need some training or classes to help with re-entering the workforce. Your state will probably have some sort of a centralized job database and often they offer training and classes as part of their services. Even though you're feeling numb right now, going through the steps to going to work might help you get through this one day at a time.

Don't feel ashamed or embarrassed about posting here - you are part of this community and we take care of each other. So keep us up on how things are going.

Terry

:) Hey Amber! When I had a problem with a bad boyfriend my brother used to say " So where doe's he live? Do you you want me to go over there and kick his A##? :LOL: I bet we could get Uncle Bob to round up his many braves and along with the DC posse go see him and do a little rearranging to your BH.:angel::angel:

LOL jpm I am just picturing this odd posse led by Clark Gable amd Homer Simpson.........

amber

I came on this area 'venting' as I wanted to spout off 'again'. Reading your comments really made me forget what I wanted to ask about. I am truly sorry for your time that you are having right now.

Reading this only reminds me of the pain I experienced 'way back when'. So grateful it is over but the man wants to come back! After he ruined my life, then he thinks about what he did. Losing your dog, in my opinion, is harder than your husband. I lost my best friend and support when I went through divorce, my mother passed away. Saying, rains it pours, sure does. Supposed to make us strong and build character? Maybe. I know most people who suffer the most, seem to be the strongest.

If he has young girl, give it time. Something new always is great. She will not have the understanding and love that you do. You always have been so understanding it hurts me to read this. Having your parents and family for support is a blessing. Important thing now is to look for positives in your life. You are not alone in something like this. Writing on this forum is truly healing, has always been for me. So many many people are on the tv and radio giving advice about this problem.

I could write on and on about this, but please be sure I am thinking and most of all praying for you to be strong and have courage and divine inner strength. I know you believe in prayer cause you have written about things that show you do. Trust and lean on Him. May sound cliche to some but I have gotten much closer since my divorce. Maybe that is why I had to go through what I did. (I believe I open myself too much on this site and people have tendency to not understand. But for someone who is in pain, I will do whatever I possibly can to help, regardless of critical comments)

Just do not get down on yourself. When you have people around who love and care about you, you must be important to them. I am only thankful you said you have family. Take care and treat yourself as good as you can. It is not the end of the world. Please keep in touch, amber.

This really isn't a full vent, but rather a disappointment. The doctor's appointment that I have been waiting for with the surgeon regarding my knee was postponed because he had an emorgency surgery. But since the appointment was supposed to be six months from now and the receptionist got me in on a cancellation (because my paperwork got lost in the shuffle), I can't complain too much that it isn't until next week. It is just that you get yourself in the mindset for something and it doesn't happen. But I am sure the person that needed the surgery was in worse shape than me.

Don't usually have anything to vent about, but today was an "eventful" day. Not in a good way.

I was down at our shop working on a customer's job. Making custom bumpers for a cradle that is probably 100+-years-old. Sailing away just fine. Got all the fabric cut to specs, cut the foam to the right dimensions, same for the poly batting to wrap the foam in. As I was cutting the last 2 parts of the "foundation" for the cradle base, my hand slipped with the rotary cutter.

In a flash, the thumb-side of my left index finger was sliced off. Cleanly. I'd just put a new blade in the rotary cutter.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Blood everywhere. Not on the fabric, thank heavens.

Tied up my finger and cleaned up the cutting table.

Still bleeding a bit from time to time and I'm sure it's going to take a long while to heal. At least it was my left hand.

Before anyone says, "Go to the doc." No real reason to. I just have to keep the wound clean and bandaged. Clean cut that has to run its course.

Maybe I can milk this one for some extra help/stuff from Buck.:angel:

Thanks for listening.

Don't usually have anything to vent about, but today was an "eventful" day. Not in a good way.

I was down at our shop working on a customer's job. Making custom bumpers for a cradle that is probably 100+-years-old. Sailing away just fine. Got all the fabric cut to specs, cut the foam to the right dimensions, same for the poly batting to wrap the foam in. As I was cutting the last 2 parts of the "foundation" for the cradle base, my hand slipped with the rotary cutter.

In a flash, the thumb-side of my left index finger was sliced off. Cleanly. I'd just put a new blade in the rotary cutter.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Blood everywhere. Not on the fabric, thank heavens.

Tied up my finger and cleaned up the cutting table.
:) Still bleeding a bit from time to time and I'm sure it's going to take a long while to heal. At least it was my left hand.

Before anyone says, "Go to the doc." No real reason to. I just have to keep the wound clean and bandaged. Clean cut that has to run its course.

Maybe I can milk this one for some extra help/stuff from Buck.:angel:

Thanks for listening.
:) I've done the same but either with a knife or a mandoline. Here is a good trick take a womens mini pad and cut it to size, clean cut and cover with neosporine or the old fashioned Bag Balm ( my personal choice)cover with the cut piece and wrap with tape. The wound will not stick to pad then change once a day. EMTs use these pads large and small for major bleeding accidents and swear by them. :)

:) I've done the same but either with a knife or a mandoline. Here is a good trick take a womens mini pad and cut it to size, clean cut and cover with neosporine or the old fashioned Bag Balm ( my personal choice)cover with the cut piece and wrap with tape. The wound will not stick to pad then change once a day. EMTs use these pads large and small for major bleeding accidents and swear by them. :)

Omigosh, jp! You're on to it. I'm going to have to scour the house for mini pads, etc. Great idea. The Band-Aids just aren't cuttin' it. This idea should get me through the night without messin' up my fresh sheets. Thanks.

oh, my, yeah. my nurse instructed me to place a pad over my feeding tube opening when 'twas leaky (called a stoma & they leak!!!!!!!!!!)
i was like, 'huh?'
she was like 'yeah, a pad, like put a quarter in a machine, a pad.'
so someone gave me a pad & i taped that over & that worked better than gauze, hear me when i say that!:LOL:

Okay, I know have vented a lot lately but I am just having a really emotional day.

My DH works at a recovery house and I have gotten to know some of the guys there and you try not to get involved, but your heart just goes out to them because they are trying their hardest. Well, one of the guys left the house today because of frustrations and Tony talked him to coming here just until he figured out what he was going to do. He seemed happy to be here and was "just going out for awhile"; however, all of his stuff is here and we have heard nothing from him since before noon. DH went looking for him, but there was no sign. My heart is just breaking for him but there is nothing I can do but pray.

At the same time, DD asked last night if she could move home because things aren't going well with her family again. Also, she and her BF have both been finally diagnosed today with a bacterial infection which is contageous and doesn't react well to most anti-biotics. He is in the hospital and hates them. He is so afraid he isn't going to make it and she has to be with him 24/7 but is not well herself.

We are getting used to a new border who is really nice, but there are always hiccups in the beginning. He isn't like the last one in both good and bad ways.

Plus, the appointment I had to see a surgeon about my knee got cancelled yesterday due to an emergency surgery (it is rebooked for next week). I know it can't be helped, but my knee is getting worse and I was so looking forward to getting something started finally.

I guess I am just exhausted physically and emotionally and all of this is just taking it's toll. Thanks for listening to me once again.

Sooo, this means they were right all along in that it wasn't the appendix? Kinda sounds like an infection I got that started on my face and wound up in my ear, blew it up like a cauliflower. Had to spend a week in the hospital waiting while they slowly got it back down to normal. It was resistant to the common anti-biotics as well. Worst part is being quarantined so I can't see my kids at all, and with no babysitter or anyone to watch the kids didn't see much of DW either...

I am very sorry to hear that, Maverick.

No, they are still not positive her appendix isn't part of it and her BF also has chest pains that they haven't figured out yet. It is just getting so soap-operaish (the doctor stuff, not the kids), that I am really getting frazzled by the whole thing. I hurt for her on so many levels right now, and yet I also have my own stuff to deal with.

OK friends, I got some very spooky lab reports yesterday that indicates I have a specific gene that puts me at extremely high risk for heart disease and my labs (that were done as part of this study) were almost all off the charts which indicates I almost certainly already have atherosclerosis (coronary artery disease). I have an appt. tomorrow to get started on meds and I don't know what all else. Does anybody else have this? I am like the healthiest person I know - really. Until this, no chronic illness or conditions. It's really shocking to me that there is stuff going on inside that I had no idea was happening.

Oh man, Laurie, a drug-resistant infection is so scary. Not only that, it may very well not be the thing that made your daughter sick in the first place. This may be something she picked up in the hospital trying to find out what her original problem was/is. Hospitals are the #1 source of resistant infections. How is she feeling right now?

OK friends, I got some very spooky lab reports yesterday that indicates I have a specific gene that puts me at extremely high risk for heart disease and my labs (that were done as part of this study) were almost all off the charts which indicates I almost certainly already have atherosclerosis (coronary artery disease). I have an appt. tomorrow to get started on meds and I don't know what all else. Does anybody else have this? I am like the healthiest person I know - really. Until this, no chronic illness or conditions. It's really shocking to me that there is stuff going on inside that I had no idea was happening.
Terry,I know you will think oh shut up, but, relax and just go with what the doc says..Remember what I said about meds? Just pm me and we can go from there..Don't be afraid and the last thing you need to do is worry, your heart is most likely fine right now, just take your meds and keep as calm as possible..What you have is something that is all over the world..You will handle it just fine..I have blood pressure problems, that is what caused my kidneys to fail..The doctor said that my heart was so strong, he couldn't believe it at first..So we trade one thing for another..
MY dh is so good at explaining to me and it sure helps..It also takes away some of that gut wrenching fear..Let all of us help you as much as we can..If you have a specific question, and want me to, I'll ask dh..Rest, be calm, sit back and enjoy those beautiful children of yours..
hugs to you ,
cj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom