"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #1331
Executive Chef

That sounds like a rough day kads! I hope Carson is doing much better! Way to make a stand for your Grandson, showing up at the dr.

We are very lucky to have a group of about 20 docs working in the same office. If one of the kids is sick and our doc is busy, then the kids can see someone else. They also have a 24nurse you can call for advice.

Great big hugs for you and Carson!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #1332
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
That sounds like a rough day kads! I hope Carson is doing much better! Way to make a stand for your Grandson, showing up at the dr.

We are very lucky to have a group of about 20 docs working in the same office. If one of the kids is sick and our doc is busy, then the kids can see someone else. They also have a 24nurse you can call for advice.

Great big hugs for you and Carson!
Thanks Cora, this group has about 12 doctors and an on call nurse, it's the office gals who tried to give me a bad time. I bet the all run for cover the next time they see me In fact Carson has a check up next month. I think I'll talk my daughter into letting me take him

kadesma

Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #1333
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
You can even just blow the hot air from your mouth into the ear to stop the pain for a while but you cant do it forever but the warm air works for as long as you do it,
I remember when I was little and had an earache, my mother smoked, and she would blow the warm smoke into my ear. It really did feel good.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #1334
Master Chef

Poor lil guy! Don't you dare feel guilty about what you did..........if anything you encouraged others to stand up and march right into their doctors offices and sit till the staff surrenders. But above all you showed little C that Gma was a hero....be proud of yourself. He should really start feeling much better by tomorrow. Give him a gentle hug for me.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #1335
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Poor lil guy! Don't you dare feel guilty about what you did..........if anything you encouraged others to stand up and march right into their doctors offices and sit till the staff surrenders. But above all you showed little C that Gma was a hero....be proud of yourself. He should really start feeling much better by tomorrow. Give him a gentle hug for me.
Sizz, thanks for the pep talk I don't feel so bad now, but I did regret being forced to play the wicked witch I don't however feel bad that I got attenton for Carson, the doctor and the nurse my daughter said were both very gentle and did all they could to keep him comfortable. It was just the office staff that was a problem. He's already had two doses of the amox and by tomorrow like you say, he will feel so much better. And I'll pass on your gentle hug to him..He loves hugs..
kadesma
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #1336
Master Chef

Glad to hear that everything worked out for the best and that your grandson is doing much better. As a child veteran of numerous ear infections (it got to where I prayed on a rosary on the way to the emergency room and a 2 hour wait minimum with my dad) I can just feel what you must have gone thru. Of course back then we didn't have the great tasting bubble-gum flavored amoxicillin---we had the tank-sized, pain-searing (hence the rosary) penicillin shot in the gluteus maximus. But I have to admit by the next morning you felt so much better.

Grandmas are not to be messed with when it comes to children suffering and believe me there is no worse pain in a child than a throbbing earache.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #1337
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Oh dear me, poor, poor Carson!! (((Hugs))) Your action shows what a role model of a "Ma" you are, and you have nothing to apologize about or feel bad for regarding the action you took. I would have been right up there with you if I could, after all, as an adoptive aunt!!

I hope and pray he will be better and out of pain very soon!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #1338
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Kades... you are a good grandma!!!!

Glad to hear things are better today!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #1339
Executive Chef

Yep! Sometimes you do what you gotta do either for yourself or others I have found that if you raise a little H**l you get what you need.Being assertive with people really works but you must be diplomatic to get what you want and persistance almost always works.
Kades you can get the book on Amazon.If anything else its an interesting read it even shows you how to deliver a baby.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #1340
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl
Glad to hear that everything worked out for the best and that your grandson is doing much better. As a child veteran of numerous ear infections (it got to where I prayed on a rosary on the way to the emergency room and a 2 hour wait minimum with my dad) I can just feel what you must have gone thru. Of course back then we didn't have the great tasting bubble-gum flavored amoxicillin---we had the tank-sized, pain-searing (hence the rosary) penicillin shot in the gluteus maximus. But I have to admit by the next morning you felt so much better.

Grandmas are not to be messed with when it comes to children suffering and believe me there is no worse pain in a child than a throbbing earache.
Thanks expat, things are quiet and happy this morning and our little man is up and about and smiling, and so is his Ma..

kadesma