Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I vent my bad day? Because i need oxygen to do my job I have to bring at least 3 tanks of medical O2. On Sunday when I went to change my tank I had to have my last tank leaking the air and slowing me down on my job:cry::cry:

Just don't vent the oxygen here, I just lit up a cigarette!:LOL:

Sorry to hear about your day, hope the next one is better!

Can I vent my bad day? Because i need oxygen to do my job I have to bring at least 3 tanks of medical O2. On Sunday when I went to change my tank I had to have my last tank leaking the air and slowing me down on my job:cry::cry:
I'm sorry you had a rough Sunday. Maybe the medical store will refill and check the tank without charging you.? I hope your week is better!!

Ok, it was 5 am when I said this and I did not make it clear. The abuse has long past. This is what I have put up with for 23 years total. The abuse stopped about 5 years ago when I started fighting back,lol.
What I'm tired of is the fact that I'm fixing to be 40 and I have NO LIFE!!!! I go to work, go home, cook dinner, blend his food, clean, wash a load of clothes, go to bed. That is my daily routine and I'm SICK OF IT ALL!!! All I hear is how bad HE is. When I even THINK about telling him about my day or how I feel, he breaks in with what is so much worse with him. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear and that I scared anyone with my words. I only meant that I am tired of living THIS kind of life, none. Don't worry, not gonna do anything stupid and I have dealt with all the crap this long, it just doesn't matter anymore, it won't change. Just really needed to vent this morning for some reason. Guess it's been sitting there dormant long enough. LOL thank you all!! and the 2 that pm'ed me, I'm ok, I promise.:flowers::kiss:
Then it's time to make some changes in your life Stacy. Find a hobby where you can interact with others, find a social group, make friends and do something fun for yourself. Once a week will do; you'll have something to look forward to every week. Life's too precious to pass you by without enjoying every minute of it. Stay strong and GO OUT there and look for some of your interests to bring you back to life. Good luck!

Why do pathology results take SO long? I'm so fed up waiting for my son's biopsy results. The procedure was done last Monday, June 2nd and we have to wait until the 12th to get the darn results. Argh!!! I'm sick waiting and wondering what my son has on that lump in his neck. Would you please keep him in your prayers ya'll?

Explosion

This thread is like an explosion! Really gets my attention and painful. texasgirl, have you ever left him for a period of time? If you are always around, he is only used to the treatment you have been giving him. Being absent, may wake him up as long as he feels threatened that he will have to adjust to things that you normally take care of. When I had trouble, I went to minister first, after that, I went to 5-6 counselors and each one told me to have my husband come to the next session. My husband refused each and every time telling me he wasn't unhappy I was the one who needed help. Being married for so long makes it easy to just accept doing everyday things the way you have. However, trying to make a change in your life requires lot of effort and you are the only one who can determine if you really want to do that. One thing you can be sure of and that is life is never same always changing.

I hope that you will make the right choice. Just know that once you do, you will make it whichever you choose. Everyone fears the unknown, no one is sure of everything.

You are good person who has big heart. Thanks for all the kindness and understanding you have given me in the past . Take care of yourself texas, I care about what you do. Stay in touch.

The good thing about last night is that I "woke up several times". This means I was asleep, even if only for brief periods at a time. The bad thing is that when I was asleep I had horrid nightmares.

I was up late last night trying to catch up on things that need doing when you are looking after 4 other people....baking muffins and cookies for the borders lunches and to take to the kids at the hospital. Planning meals for the week that are easy and also transportable as well. Cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, etc. DH works late on Mondays and he was great when he was home, and finished the cleaning when he got here after nine (plus he made supper as well), but it doesn't matter how little I do or don't do...I am exhausted and sore.

I did find out yesterday that my appointment for the surgeon (which was postponed twice, and was not supposed to happen until the middle of July) has been bumped up until tomorrow afternoon and will not be cancelled, so that is good. But that is only for the knee. Once that is resolved, I will have to go back through the system for all the other joints and conditions.

I am to the point where I just don't care anymore.

Not to Worry

'Not care anymore' Have you read that somewhere before? That is exactly the way we are supposed to feel. Then and only then are we at the point where we get our best results. Being frustrated and uptight is natural but that is not what we should be doing, everyone states stress is hard on the system. Having your submissive feeling is better for the situation. Be positive this will all work out good.

so happy to hear you are going to see someone tomorrow. That is good news and positive. You will be having someone look at your knee, be thankful. We can't have our whole body repaired at once although we wish it could. Just as things didn't happen overnight we have to take step at a time. Wish we could have our own set of doctors to be at our beck 'n call but there are always many others who have problems and maybe even worse. This is easy to say but not good to hear at this stage of the process. I hope for the best with your appointment tomorrow. I know and feel all will go well. Just be good to yourself, no one else knows better than you how you feel. I am thinking about you.

LPBeier

'Not care anymore' comment applies to your situation. I did not indicate that on my last post. I wanted to clarify that I was writing about you and your feeling of not caring anymore. Do not want someone else to think I am commenting on their situation only yours.

Person could write a book about the emotions on this thread. Who knows we may all be reading about ourselves in a novel one day.

The good thing about last night is that I "woke up several times". This means I was asleep, even if only for brief periods at a time. The bad thing is that when I was asleep I had horrid nightmares.

I was up late last night trying to catch up on things that need doing when you are looking after 4 other people....baking muffins and cookies for the borders lunches and to take to the kids at the hospital. Planning meals for the week that are easy and also transportable as well. Cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, etc. DH works late on Mondays and he was great when he was home, and finished the cleaning when he got here after nine (plus he made supper as well), but it doesn't matter how little I do or don't do...I am exhausted and sore.

I did find out yesterday that my appointment for the surgeon (which was postponed twice, and was not supposed to happen until the middle of July) has been bumped up until tomorrow afternoon and will not be cancelled, so that is good. But that is only for the knee. Once that is resolved, I will have to go back through the system for all the other joints and conditions.

I am to the point where I just don't care anymore.
Laurie,
I'm sorry you're feeling pain and can't sleep well. I know the feeling about not sleeping throughout the night. Prayers go out to you dear.

'Not care anymore' comment applies to your situation. I did not indicate that on my last post. I wanted to clarify that I was writing about you and your feeling of not caring anymore. Do not want someone else to think I am commenting on their situation only yours.

Person could write a book about the emotions on this thread. Who knows we may all be reading about ourselves in a novel one day.

What an interesting idea, a novel ;)

ever made 218 quid and not have a penny to show for it that wasn`t yours to begin with?

it All started several months ago... < insert wavey flashback lines>

a Direct Debit that we canceled got reactivated and cash was taken out, that lead us to being overdrawn, cutting it short the charges were 78 quid total, I went to the bank to see the manager and sort it, and she did, all charges dropped etc.. (Phew).

came out the bank to see a traffic warden giving us a ticket! (70 quid to pay it off!) needless to say I had a word with him and he agreed to drop the penalty but I still had to go to the head office and sort it that end. we shook hands and off we went...

we got to head office and I explained that he`d dropped the penalty his side and that I needed to sort it this side etc...
it came back on the computer that we`de already had a ticket once and they wouldn`t cancel it!
(we had`nt had a ticket before) so I challenged that and Eventually it came back that it was on the Address and not US personally, the date was before we even lived here, so my wife goes out to the car to show evidence of this, and guess what?

Yes Another parking ticket!

I couldn`t help myself, I just bust out laughing (much to my wifes disgust), and I slapped that ticket on the counter and said "oh yeah, and while you`re at it, do this one for us as well please <Big Grin>".

so anyway, we got the original ticket canceled (making a total of 148 quid UP) and the local council are going to challenge the second ticket for us on our behalf, making a Grand total of 218 quid and not a penny to show for it!

so... what do You guys do on an otherwise Boring Tuesday? :cool:

wow YT, I went to the grocery store with only 1 kid.
I suppose compared to your tuesday I was on vacation!!

I need to indulge in a little venting (with a touch of self-pity) and ask for some input from my friends here. I saw to doc yesterday and she wants me to start taking 2 meds (for now) for my cardio problems. One of them is a statin, which when I googled it, seems to have all sorts of awful side effects. The other one, a mega dose of niacin, seems to have irritating side effects like "feeling as if you are on fire" and "itching as if you were bitten by thousands of mosquitoes". I'm sure I can live with that cuz I'm into "power surges" right now anyway.

I had more blood drawn today to check to see if I need more/other meds. I have to have a scan of my arteries. I have to exercise a lot. AND I have to be on a very restricted diet forever. My doc said I should just decide to never eat red meat again the rest of my life if I really want to avoid stroke and heart attack. Same for butter. (I'm pretty sure she's a vegetarian because she's very thin and healthy looking and a certified yoga instructor so she can't relate to how much I love steak since I've learned to make one perfectly!!!!)

The good part is I'm not restricted as far as salt and sugar or calories but I have to get the bulk of my daily intake from a small list of cardio-protective foods and keep my total fat intake at less than 20% and it can only be certain kinds of fat, like olive oil. Really, that won't be so bad, but it will mean making 2 meals since it is way too restrictive for a young child.

At the same time I'm renovating the guest house for my mom, going to see her once a week (which is out of town), and trying to pay enough attention to my kids. It will all work out in the end but right now it all looks a little daunting.

So I was wondering if anybody here has taken/is taking statins and if they would share their experience with them. This is the first time in my life I've ever had to take a regular medication and it's got me a little freaked out.

FM, I am writing you a really long email and my hands are cramping so hopefully you will get it today!!!! Hang in there friend. I am very experienced in the world of meds and side affects.

I would consider writing the novel but haven't written in almost 10 years so pretty far out of practice.
Fun times, YT, but hey at least it all got squared away in the end!
Suzi, vacation indeed! I went today with two kids (my daughters 10 and 3). When we got back home the 3 year old wanted to bring the milk in, the older daughter felt it was too heavy for her. Well, she just had to see for herself and of course it was too heavy and of course it fell on the concrete floor in the garage and of course it broke open and spilled everywhere!
FM, I pray for you, rough times with no steak allowed!! I can relate to restricted diets, been on one for 10 years (at least my Dr. thinks I have been, LOL). Most of the times the side effects effect only a small portion of those that take the medicines, but our luck we end up in that small portion. Right now one of mine, no idea which of the 15 I take, is causing, um, 'leakage' and slight bleeding. Uggg.
As for statins they are for high cholesterol, been on them for years with no side effects and they did their job. I think Lipitor and Zocor if I remember correctly, would have to check my meds list to be sure which I am on now, LOL.

On my day: After loosing the milk, came inside and was heading upstairs when the railing suddenly came loose from the wall!! As if there were not enough problems in this house, but hey at least I only fell backwards down four steps, could have been worse I could have been at the top of the stairs! Anyway, now I am really sore so I am lying around in bed, took some pain meds, watching TV and browsing in here.
Worked out though, DW decided it was too hot out today and she did not feel good so she came home not 30minutes later so at least I was not alone with the kids for long this way!

Edit: As for sleeping thru the night, I can't remember the last time that happened for me. I sleep a little at night until the nightmares wake me up, then later I might catch a couple of hours during the day. So, a few here a few there is the best I can hope for.

Last edited:
I have a hard time with the word "never" for foods...
unles you are allergic of course.
A highly doubt a small piece of steak once a month or so or a pat of butter here and there would drop a person dead (sorry to be so blunt).

As for the meds, wow, I don't know what to say. I can't imagine suffering side effects almost worse than the illness! I don't like to take "stuff" I don't have to, but I don't have to... you sound like you really should, to be on the safe side.

Luckily some of the side effects do pass. With Glucophage I get horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. It passes after being on it regularly for a couple of weeks, and serves as a reminder as to why I don't want to go off it and have to start it all over again!
Most of the others I haven't had any side effects to, excepting insulin which just makes you hungrier so I don't think of that as a side effect.

I have a hard time with the word "never" for foods...
unles you are allergic of course.
A highly doubt a small piece of steak once a month or so or a pat of butter here and there would drop a person dead (sorry to be so blunt).

As for the meds, wow, I don't know what to say. I can't imagine suffering side effects almost worse than the illness! I don't like to take "stuff" I don't have to, but I don't have to... you sound like you really should, to be on the safe side.

i agree about the food thing. we all should know what is bad for us heart wise, etc. carbs for diabetic. once in a while is not going to do much damage. what point to living longer if you can never enjoy yourself. i pretty much eat anything, just not much of it. carb wise, i really do watch it, but if sugar goes up i have two kinds of insulin to bring it down. plus an oral med.i take so many pills, i should live forever. lolbabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom