"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #1341
Master Chef

Awesome news Kads!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #1342
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Oh dear me, poor, poor Carson!! (((Hugs))) Your action shows what a role model of a "Ma" you are, and you have nothing to apologize about or feel bad for regarding the action you took. I would have been right up there with you if I could, after all, as an adoptive aunt!!

I hope and pray he will be better and out of pain very soon!!!
Hi Aunty,
I would have more than welcomed your help yesterday.
Daughter just called and a little voice said Hi Ma He slept all night and is up and bugging mommy for pbj for breakfast Kids, they pop back so fast...Having a chat with him was so nice..He usually won't do much but say Hi, bye and he's gone..So I felt so good at the I love you this morning, I bet I fly all day
kadesma

Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #1343
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Kades... you are a good grandma!!!!

Glad to hear things are better today!
Hi pds, he is up and running this morning. Mommy is home with him today but they are comming by so we can make some pretzels, Why when there is a billion things to do before sunday..But I promised so bring on the pretzels

kadesma
Old 04-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #1344
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Yep! Sometimes you do what you gotta do either for yourself or others I have found that if you raise a little H**l you get what you need.Being assertive with people really works but you must be diplomatic to get what you want and persistance almost always works.
Kades you can get the book on Amazon.If anything else its an interesting read it even shows you how to deliver a baby.
Thanks jp,
I do want to get that book, so I'll go see amazon..Thanks. I kind of think I wasn't to diplomatic yesterday, but I was as stubborn as a mule. Does that count?

kades
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #1345
Executive Chef

Being stubborn is great just think if he had to go thru all last night and today before he got his medicine.I would complain to the head of the doctors about the office girls alot of the time the docs have no clue what they are up to.
When you get the book let me know what you think.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #1346
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Being stubborn is great just think if he had to go thru all last night and today before he got his medicine.I would complain to the head of the doctors about the office girls alot of the time the docs have no clue what they are up to.
When you get the book let me know what you think.
I sure will. I'm so glad you let me know about this book. It will be great to have on hand.

kades
Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #1347
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
It's so funny.... our condo isn't quite finished so we're staying in another condo down the road for a few days. Maid service has been spotty at best. No new towels... haven't swept.. made the bed but... I don't think they changed the sheets, table sticky, things like that. Today, I stuck around while the maid was here... what a difference. They swept and washed the floor, cleaned the toilets, wiped down all the surfaces and gave me tooooo many new clean towels.

I guess my vent is.... why don't people do their jobs correctly?
Do they think that I can't tell a dirty towel from a clean one? I wiped up some coffee with one yesterday and they folded it up but put it on he counter.... sigh...

lol.... not much of a vent I guess.

smiles, T
Old 04-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #1348
Executive Chef

roflmao, we had hired a cook/housekeeper when we visited. One evening we were served liver and I immediately spit it out in my napkin. I never thought we'd have to discuss dinner since I assumed (I know...azz u me) that Mexican food would be served.

Hey this has NOTHING to do w/Mexicans...it's just when help is hired for a week or so, some of them don't give a rat's behind.

Well, the next time we had her make dinner, I unfolded my napkin and the liver I'd spit out was still there. LOL, she hadn't even bothered to shake out the napkin before it was refolded.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #1349
Executive Chef

Kades found the one you want
"", "
See larger image");

Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook (Paperback)
by David Werner (Author), Carol Thuman (Author), Jane Maxwell (Author)
(50 customer reviews)
List Price:$22.00 Price:$22.00 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Want it delivered Friday, April 6? Order it in the next 0 hours and 13 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. See details

25 used & new available from $17.99

table td.otherEditions { text-align: left; vertical-align: middle; }Also Available in:List Price:Our Price:Other Offers:Paperback (2Rev Ed) 15 used & new from $17.53

Keep connected to what's happening in the world of books by signing up for Amazon.com Books Delivers, our monthly subscription e-mail newsletters. Discover new releases in your favorite categories, popular pre-orders and bestsellers, exclusive author interviews and podcasts, special sales, and more.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #1350
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks JP,
will get this going tonight... I appreciate your help.

kades