"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #1371
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by crewsk
Thanks csalt!! I can tell you right now, the first thing I'm doing as soon as hubby finds a job is going to get a really long massage!!
May it be very soon

Old 04-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #1372
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks JoAnn!! I can rejoice a little today though, TC didn't have to have anything done to his toenail today, but I have to take him back next month to see how it looks then. Savannah went back to the doc today & they had to cut part of her cast off because it had cut into her underarm.

"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
Old 04-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #1373
Assistant Cook
hehe, a venting thread... I love this website! So next weekend my husband's mother will be in town and as som ebackground, I really like to try out cosmetic products like look-younger sort of things (as a side-note, I am really liking Relastin right now ) but despite that fact, I am really a "less is more" kind of person and its really more of a hobby than an appearance obsession or anything like that. So Edna, my husbands mother thinks that she is a less is more woman, but for mercy sake, she is a dead ringer for Endora from bewitched some days! Anyway, that wouldn't really bother me, except shes an "advice" type and she knows I'm into these look-younger products and so she jumps all over the topic and IT IS KILLING ME

*sigh* Thats kinda therapeutic... I may be back for another post
next weekend

…only need Relastin until I learn Photoshop
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #1374
Executive Chef
rofl - don't wait til next weekend....!

Crewsk. You have been run through the mill lately. It's time for your karma to kick in...bless you heart.
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Old 04-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #1375
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf

I can't believe it!!!!!!!! Hey, need an agent for writing a book?

Know my thoughts are with you - as always!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #1376
Head Chef
I don't know if anyone has noticed but women are becoming aggressive drivers behind the wheel. It used to be all men at 9:00 a.m. at the Courthouse for traffic court and now it is about half & half.

There was a lady in a great big pickup with duals waiting to pull onto the street from a shopping center which I was waiting to enter. I was in the turn lane and when the traffic cleared, her tires started rolling. Yeah, right, over my insurance policy! (two cars rolling at 5 mph or less is not going to cause a dead body...LOL)

When I entered the grocery store, a women with one of those big child carts was roaring behind me. I stopped between two bakery shelves on a short isle to let her pass. Another woman came swinging her cart toward me running to the bakery counter to see if they had one last meringue pie. (did I look like I wanted it just because they were on sale?)

I tell you if I had not been between those two shelves, I would have been pancaked by those two carts. Pancaked I tell you! I could already hear the store calling for clean up on the bread isle!

Maybe it was just a sales strategy to get me to buy some pita bread! So I put a package in my cart but when nobody was looking, I put it on a shelf behind some charcoal next to the mops where no one will ever think to look for it. (Anyway, the sample lady gave me an expired coupon for the wrong brand)

All this makes me think about shopping online and having it delivered.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --- Thomas Edison
Old 04-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #1377
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by crewsk
Can I scream yet? Hubby had Savannah in the ER Sunday night. She couldn't turn her right hand over & was complaining of her forearm hurting, but she wasn't in severe pain. Turns out that her humorous (sp) is fractured. She has a cast from her armpit to her wrist & has to wear it at least 2 weeks. It'll be reex-rayed at that time. We have no clue how she did it, that's what's so frustrating. On top of that, TC has to have part of his right big toenail removed tomorrow due to it becoming ingrown & infected. I'm exhausted beyond belief right now! Thankfully hubby has been helping out a lot, I couldn't ask for a better man. Anyway, I'm wearing out fast between working & taking care of a family that seems to be getiing hurt or sick every time I turn around.
crewsk, I hope things even out for you soon!

I have read that there is a recent dramatic increase in bone fxs in children and Vit D deficiency is being blamed. Is Savannah a milk drinker?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #1378
Head Chef
Crewsk, hope everything works out. You could of course get your husband to give you the massage in the meantime.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #1379
Sous Chef

If we ever visit the USA should I remember to take out extra insurance for shopping trips?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #1380
Sous Chef
Car hoovering and washing

If left to DH the car only ever gets cleaned when it goes in for a service and they valet it before returning it.
As I have been doing all the driving since DH had his op ( and is not able to drive again yet) I hoovered it all inside then washed it today.
DH comes out at the end , looks all round and says " Oh, you have been busy havn't you, the car looks so clean!"
I could have thrown the sponge at him!
Good job he didn't say" you've missed a bit here!" then he really might have got the sponge!!

Normally I don't mind what I do but the novelty of doing every single chore is wearing off fast.

Closed Thread