"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #1381
Head Chef

I am sorry that he didn't even say what a good job you did on the car.

I don't have my car washed very much but it supposed to rain here on Friday and I will be going out in the late afternoon so I hope it really rains hard and the dirt will come off the car.

Jill and Jolie
Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #1382
Head Chef

csalt: How would you like to be a POA for an energetic 20 year old who occasionally goes on holiday? And lives on the other side of the world!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #1383
Sous Chef

Poa?.................................
Old 04-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #1384
Head Chef

Price on Application?

anyway, a vent for DH. Tomorrow is a big day for him and he can do nothing to control it from now on....his UK contract is being raised at the interntional partners meeting. He didn't know until yesterday, he's really tense about it, and frustrated because he was asked to a meeting with NO notice and asked to give a talk on a file he handled for about an hour about three weeks go.....given even ten minutes notice he would have refreshed his memory but he had an allnighter this week and quite frankly did not expect to have to handle this file again, especially not with no notice, and had not idea he would be presenting on it. He's kicking himself for making a "bvrutta figura" the day before his contract is discussed (also only told yesterday, just as grabbed to give this presentation...so doubly thrown). He's feeling he might have blown it.....I cannot seem to relax him, but just ran abath and gave him a drink in theree to wind down...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #1385
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by csalt
Poa?.................................
Power of Attorney.......taking care of some one's financial affairs, property, etc. and keeping up with phone numbers, addresses, and personal announcements like weddings and sports. Not to mention care package necessities. Oh, this reminds me, some taxes are due in two different states.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #1386
Sous Chef

Oh I feel bad about my 'vent'.

Compared to yours and Lulus it's absolute peanuts isn't it?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #1387
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CREWSK}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I can't believe it!!!!!!!! Hey, need an agent for writing a book?

Know my thoughts are with you - as always!
How long do you have to sit & listen? It may take 6 months to a year just to get it all down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring
I have read that there is a recent dramatic increase in bone fxs in children and Vit D deficiency is being blamed. Is Savannah a milk drinker?
She is a really big milk drinker. She drinks about 1/2 a gallon every day.

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughs & support! I crashed when I got home from work yesterday & slept for about 4 hours.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #1388
Head Chef

Hey Crewsk...I missed this....I'm thinking of you.

csalt, my vent isn't huge...but we do want to come home to UK soon, and its just proving so hard for DH to get a UK contract... his firm find him invalauble in Italy...seriously, he gets to do some cool work because he is one of the few who can, and the reasons he has not got contracts with other firms are not a discussion appropriate for here imo, ;) It;s a selfish moan, at least he has a job, its just we would like to be home and trying to get on the spiralling UK property ladder etc etc etc
Old 04-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #1389
Sous Chef

Here's hoping something will work out for you soon.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #1390
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
why do children only remember to flush the toilet.... when you are in the shower? And further, an untimely vent, but realized vent, when I decide I want to take a bath, for fear of being scalded in the shower by their sudden aforementioned memory epiphany... then they need to go "like, really, really bad" and stink up a 47 foot radius? I am sure understanding will follow after the scalded skin stops throbbing...

Closed Thread