Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzi- have you thought about organizing a practice yourself? When that happened to my daughters team, a few parants found out that after the coach agreed to coach he got a new job and could only do games so a couple of us parents took over and if the original coach could be there fine if not we handled it.

Has anyone experienced not being able to cry when taking depression medicat ion? No tears even for sad dog stories! Is this good? Aren't you supposed to release your feelings? I don't know if I would rather do without this medication and have natural feelings. Doctor t ells me I told you to take the medication.

ITK, I take anti-depressants and mood stabilizers and there was a period of time when I felt "flat" - not able to feel happy or sad and no, this is NOT good or normal. You should not go without the medication, but you should go to the doctor and ask if your dose can be altered or try a different medication. Anti-depressants should bring you to normal moods but some can make you over medicated which then causes lack of emotion. If this doctor won't help, see if you can go to another.

Has anyone experienced not being able to cry when taking depression medicat ion? No tears even for sad dog stories! Is this good? Aren't you supposed to release your feelings? I don't know if I would rather do without this medication and have natural feelings. Doctor t ells me I told you to take the medication.
How long have you been taking this particular medication? Have you had time to adjust to it? Have you been taking it regularly?

James said his just takes the edge off his emotions, but it doesn't wipe the emotions away altogether. I would find out about changing medications or at least the strength of the one you are taking (and a new doctor if he won't change it).

:huh:Barbara

I have a friend who had the same problem on lithium and she wouldn't take it reliably because of that. It was a real issue because she is bi-polar and got into problems when she was off her meds, but felt "dead" when she took it. Finally, they have developed so many more meds that her doc was able to try a few until they found one that worked without that side effect. I would suggest that if you have been on this drug for a few months, long enough to see if it is a temporary effect, you should ask your doc to try a different medication. If he/she refuses, you might want to get a doc who is more responsive to your needs.

Thanks

I just got back from helping my brother at 2 and felt so lethargic without any ambition to get going, that I sat down. I fell asleep and just woke up now. I haven't done this in many days. This only makes me feel miserable when I didn't get my stuff done. Now have to wait till tomorrow. These pills are capsules and cannot break in half. I will ask my doctor when I see him end of month. I don't like pills that make you sleep or don't react right. Must really do something to the brain. Just found out my niece and my instructor both have to put their dogs to sleep and I have been thinking about this dog with acupuncture when it will be his time? Both these people have real feelings for their dogs as they got them when they were puppies. One is 15 other 18. That is really old. Mine is 13, was my mother's before she passed away. That is how I knew something not right when I didn't start crying. Putting dog down always tore my heart out. I'm sorry but dogs have never hurt me the way most people have. That is why hearing them having o be put down, affects me most of the time. Thanks for your time and understanding. Just sorry you all have to grieve over problems that life brings. If you have someone who sympathizes with you about pain, you are blessed. Seems most are more concerned about themselves. Even my brothers. Only when threat that I won't be here would bother them. thanks again

:) I take Paxil I still cry but only for a reason the doc said I will still cry because it's situational and not because of a chemical unbalance.

I am kinda in the same place In The Kitchen is, emotions are deadened and I can't really feel anything right now. Woke up late, did manage to get to the laundry mat to get some clothes done for the kids as they were out of clean clothes. Now I am back home and should start supper but haven't.... I am just tired and don't feel like doing much except sleeping or laying down.
I know it is because my sugar is high, and I am in a depressed cycle, so my mood is all over the place. One minute high as a kite, the next curled up in a ball wanting to die. I was supposed to get my meds in order again to start taking them, DW made sure I got em this morning, but I am not taking the Cymbalta at the moment and I really should be. Funny thing is when I am on it I don't think it is working, but when I go off it I suddenly realize it was. I can take it at night so I will start it tonight and hopefully DW will be there to make sure I stay on em this time...

I am kinda in the same place In The Kitchen is, emotions are deadened and I can't really feel anything right now. Woke up late, did manage to get to the laundry mat to get some clothes done for the kids as they were out of clean clothes. Now I am back home and should start supper but haven't.... I am just tired and don't feel like doing much except sleeping or laying down.
I know it is because my sugar is high, and I am in a depressed cycle, so my mood is all over the place. One minute high as a kite, the next curled up in a ball wanting to die. I was supposed to get my meds in order again to start taking them, DW made sure I got em this morning, but I am not taking the Cymbalta at the moment and I really should be. Funny thing is when I am on it I don't think it is working, but when I go off it I suddenly realize it was. I can take it at night so I will start it tonight and hopefully DW will be there to make sure I stay on em this time...

hey sweetie, this is meant in the kindest way. take your own meds. you know u need to do what dr. says. take charge of your life and you will be surprised how much better you will feel.

babe:)

a friend of mine who had 3 miscarriages told me what it was like to be on antidepressants: your lows aren't so low but your highs aren't so high either...she had to be on them for 6 months.......she then went into early menopause at the ripe old age of 37......so it was not meant to be.......she probably could never have carried a baby to full term no matter what and thank goodness that she was able to have the boy and girl that she did who are my godchildren and doing wonderfully in their adult lives....gave their parents gray hairs but what teen doesn't these days? So, I guess antid. are designed not to make the lows so low and the highs not so high

I am so sick of hot flashes!!!!!!!!!!

Mama, I thought I was over my hot flashes a year ago and they just started up again a few months ago. I coudn't figure it out because my hormone gel wasn't helping and it just didn't make sense that I was having them.

Then I was visiting my terminally ill friend who is only 33 years old. We were talking about our constant pain and she out of the blue asked if I get hot flashes. I said yes and she said that her doctor told her that it is a body reaction to the the pain. The body does not know what to do with this intense constant symptom so it treats it like an infection and heats up.

At least I know why they are back, but on top of the intense pain it doesn't make me feel any better.:furious:

This is just terrible and no one is responsible except your mind and body! I had to take my brother to ER room four times and they couldn't find out what was wrong until one of the doc's on duty suggested he go to mental ward to be watched. That night I visited him, he told me he hoped he wouldn't see the sun shine tomorrow and that I shouldn't come back again. Talk about experience. They took my purse and checked to make sure nothing in pockets, sign in and out. Really lesson I hope no one has to go through for me. After medication prescription, he sure changed. Acts normal again and here it was his mind the whole time.

Last night I drank some wine and was afraid to take the pills. Says not to take any alcohol with meds. YOu think they include wine. I love wine, relaxes me. What upsets me is I am wearing capri pants now and they show my legs which are surrounded with varicose veins. People in the public do not look at me they stare at my legs! Not glance, stare until they pass me. Who wouldn't get depressed when they do that. I can't wear long dress everyday too hot. One woman asked if I had tattoo on my leg! I could have tore her hair out. People so dumb, appreciate my dogs all the more. I look at people but not look for flaws. I know my friend got upset that I don't notice when they lose weight. that isn't important to me. Mom raised us to consider inner rather than outer person.

Sorry if I changed this thread again. Guess I better drink some more wine to make me feel okay. I asked doctor if wine is good for you and he said yes but didn't say anything about taking medicine with it.

Sorry Mav hope you know we are in t he same boat. When you get tired of paddlin' I'll be glad to take over.

In The Kitchen, PLEASE DO NOT mix anti-depressants with alcohol of any kind, specially not wine (red in particular for some reason)!!!!!

The pills are designed to bring you up and alcohol is a depressant. You will feel good for about 15 minutes and then plummet into a worse depression.

I am talking from much experience here and only want the best for you!!!!!!

yes, pleas don't mix, inthe kitchen. very dangerous. mixing can supress respiration.
i love my wine too, though i won't mix, i make a choice & weigh my options.

Help

You mean if I am taking these pills, I have to stop drinking the wine completely? I drink when I am fixing the meals as it tends to make me feel better about the cooking. I normally t ake the depression pills after supper. Can I drink the wine before supper?

The pills don't just work right after you take them. They build up in your system. Whenever you ask your doctor if something is safe, make sure you mention all the medications (prescription and OTC) that you are taking.

It will not replace your doctor's advice, but I found the site Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects to be a really good place to check out drug interactions. They show interactions with other medications, herbal remedies, and foods. From what I understand, a lot of doctors use the site. I was considering trying a couple herbal remedies and found out one of them had terrible reactions (including death) to almost everything, including dairy products.

:)Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom