Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stacy and cj! I don't have a heating pad, or I would bring it just in case. I'm sure I'll be okay. There will be lots of drinks there, and I will bring some extra bottled water.

I forgot to tell you the theme of this year's retreat. Dangerous Women!

We have a really good lesson each day, some Bible study, singing, and communion. We also have a lot of time to do whatever we want--sit around and talk, go down to the beach, go to the pool, play silly games, etc. There is a TV in a little room. It hardly ever gets turned on, but sometimes.

Here is one of the games we played last time (most of the older ladies didn't play, but a couple did). Everyone who wants to play has to go out of the room. One at a time (so the others don't catch on) a person is brought in and a big sheet is put over her head. A couple people who are in on it stand next to her. They tell her, "Take off one thing that you don't need." Thank goodness I caught on right away! Anyway, when they don't catch on right away, they usually start with something like a shoe. Then the others tell her the same thing, "Take off one thing that you don't need." Some women have ended up with not much on before they finally understand that the thing they don't need is the sheet!

Well, I still have a lot to do, so I'd better send out the Welcome Letter, get everything done, and then get to bed. I'm feeling much better right now, btw.

:)Barbara

i just went out of my building to check on my truck, and a concert in a club down the block just let out. as the hundreds of kids walked by, many of them sucking on balloons of nitrous oxide, one crappy little wasted girl decided to start shouting at me that the yankees suck, in a really nasty tone. apparently, she didn't like my yankees t-shirt.
so i went to my truck, dropped my phone and wallet inside, and turned around.
the dumb little chick, with a hapless guy in tow, didn't realize that they were walking towards me, that i hadn't left.
so as they passed me, the girl saw me and at first said "relax man, i was only kidding", to which i simply replied that she should watch her mouth.

as she felt safe a few feet further up, she started shouting obsenities again.

so i drove up the block, parked (i had to move my truck anyway), and got out as they approached again. it's a long block.

this time, the little see-you-next-tuesday got scared, and said "what, are you gonna beat a girl up?", followed by a string of curses.

so i replied, "no, i'll kick his ***, how's that? where do you get off talking to complete strangers that way?"

the guy turned white and apologized, then started jogging away.
the girl continued to shout more stuff, at him and then me. most other people crossed the street.

i wish i was 20 again, and didn't care about getting arrested. grrrrrrrrrr.

It is unbelievable that anyone feels they can talk to people that way BT. I have seen enough little kids interacting with their parents through the years to know where it starts though. When kids grow up yelling at their parents, hitting them, interrupting them constantly--they feel it is their right to do that. If their parents want to put up with it, fine, but they are unleashing these selfish, self-centered, rude idiots on the world.

:mad:Barbara

Tanya,
I'm sorry. I'll be praying for your mom and all of you...Keep us in the loop so we know how she is doing.
kadesma

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It turned out to be a brain tumor which we're hoping and praying is benign and operable. She's seeing the neurosurgeon on Monday. In a way it's "better" news than a stroke that might have caused brain damage or Alzheimers which we also suspected as something can hopefully be done about it. The ironic thing is that my MIL also has a brain tumor and is currently lying in hospital. She doesn't have health insurance and they kept on postponing the operation as there were more "serious" cases, then they had to do an emergency op to drain fluid from her brain and now she's too weak to operate on. She's now in a semi coma and we're not very hopeful. It's just so surreal that our mothers get diagnosed with the same thing within a month of each other. I'm just very grateful that my parents have health insurance. So not really a good a good couple of months for me and Adrienne so far.

This is terrible, Tanya! What an awful position - a stroke or a brain tumor. I admire you being such a loving and steadfast daughter. Please let us know when/if her surgery or treatment begins and we will keep you and your mom in our prayers.

Tanya, that is such sad news for your family. I'm so sorry for you DH's mother. And shame on her health care system that they made her wait so long and then she's too weak now to be treated successfully. I'd be out performing my own lobotomies on responsible parties that's for sure..

In the last two weeks I've probably had close to two thousand dollars worth of blood tests. And it's a relief to know that my insurance will cover most of it. We still don't know what the problem is except for low sodium levels. Had some sorta vasopressin test that has to be frozen yesterday----doesn't that sound like $$$$$ going into a blood vial and ice cube tray---Bloody Mary's anyone? Hoping that it was due to the diuretic which I'm now off of. Waiting for the results and am supposed to leave on Tuesday to return to the land of OZ---ooooops, misnomer there.......KZ is what I meant..........anyway I'm awaiting a verdict sometime today and I'm scared stiffless

Please, hang in there, Tanya--------tests will soon enough confirm your Mom's problem------they are probably if they haven't already done so do an MRI.......the tech can tell as he or she is doing the test but they're not going to say a word until it's read---that's where the wait comes in..........DC comfort hugs coming your way

i just went out of my building to check on my truck, and a concert in a club down the block just let out. as the hundreds of kids walked by, many of them sucking on balloons of nitrous oxide, one crappy little wasted girl decided to start shouting at me that the yankees suck, in a really nasty tone. apparently, she didn't like my yankees t-shirt.
the dumb little chick, with a hapless guy in tow, didn't realize that they were walking towards me, that i hadn't left.
so as they passed me, the girl saw me and at first said "relax man, i was only kidding", to which i simply replied that she should watch her mouth.

so i drove up the block, parked (i had to move my truck anyway), and got out as they approached again. it's a long block.

this time, the little see-you-next-tuesday got scared, and said "what, are you gonna beat a girl up?", followed by a string of curses.

so i replied, "no, i'll kick his ***, how's that? where do you get off talking to complete strangers that way?"

the girl continued to shout more stuff, at him and then me. most other people crossed the street.

I bet your little man would never be caught doing that when he grows up ........it sounds like these kids were high on something or another to be that rude...........my mother would have turned my head 180 degrees and then bounced it in the street if I had ever acted that rudely to an adult growing up---there was no 911 to save kids back then.........and then I would have been shamed into going and apologizing......in other words you treat people like you want to be treated......with respect and considerance.....kudos for giving them a fleet relief few moments brought to you free and compliments of BuckyTom.........good for you and well-done..........hope you made sure the guy was not carrying a weapon

<rant>

What's with people who drive pickups tailgating and shining their bright headlights in my mirrors at night?

</rant>

In all fairness, I could have pulled over and let them pass. But, rural county roads out here don't have a shoulder, just a weedy, over-grown ditch. And since it's rural, at night, I refuse to drive faster than 50, and usually only do 40, in case someone's cow or horse decides to step out in front of my car.

I have the same problem Allen.
I see deer EVERY MORNING I work. I dont care to hit one at 70 mph.
You wanna hit it? Go around me, be my guest. Gets it out of my way.
:)

Bucky, that little, #$@%^ was probably brought up with parents that never disciplined her at all. The kind that say, oh no, MY daughter would NEVER do that. Makes you want to beat them AND the kid!! ARGH!

Tanya, my thoughts and prayers are with you and both families. Health care is just not what it used to be. My grandmother talks about how her parents could go work on their dr's house or do something for them to pay off their bill. Now, they don't see patients walking in, they see $$, that's it. For the Dr's that do still care, they are hard to find.

Allen, I know what you mean. I live down a country road, wide enough for 2, but, not stripes or lights and we normally drive in the middle if no other cars around. I HATE when tailgaters come up. Trucks are the worst for me since my car sits low, the lights come right in. Looks like daytime in the car!! My husband had a spotlight on his 60's truck that he had LONG time ago., he would turn it around on them, lol. They backed off and turned their lights down in a hurry, LOL!!!!

I hate when drivers do that, not just pickup trucks.

When I have kids and I have them in the backseat, and someone does that to me, man am I going to be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't tolerate any road rage and if I got the chance I would give them a piece of my mind.

I don't know how things are done up there but have you ever tried mooning badly behaved young people? It works great for me here in Texas.

Expat, I've been out of pocket here at DC for a couple of days so I missed this. I'm really alarmed. How are you feeling? It seems to me that it would be really hard to have low sodium levels so what the heck is causing this? Are you gonna stay in Texas til you find out? I really don't want anything to happen to you, my friend.

Thanks Fisher's Mom----don't know---been hanging around the phone all day but no news.......not handling it well esp. since I'm supposed to flying out on a jet plane Tues.......think I may be hanging around for awhile........so we'll see.........thanks for caring............will let you all know what's going on.........

2 of my kitties er ill. ozzy was lost fer 2 days, & my charlotte won't eat. neither will ozzy. they're both goin to thier vet tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom