"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #141
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Yes, I agree it was not a very prudent thing for your friend to having gone into such details on an e-mail. I don't know how close she was to her nephew, but if she was, though, you need to remember that when someone is grieving deeply and intensely, they are not in the mode to think in proper manner or use common sense, they just need to gush their heart out at any given chance. It is so sad that this tragedy had to happen... and I am sorry that you had to be informed in such a manner....
Hugs!!! ((((Mish))))

Old 12-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #142
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
How sad Mish.
I'm sorry the email upset you I don't think I would have gone into such details...but like ....Urmaniac said you're friend is grieving and so sad right now. She prbly didn't take the time to think the email out. She just sent it and her emotions are showing.

smiles, T

Old 12-07-2005, 01:09 PM   #143
Chef Extraordinaire

mish, i wanted to thank you for posting this. my son is getting to the dangerous stage, where he's able to get into bad situations. you can get complacent after a while. it always helps to be reminded of what dangers, even the most obscure and seemingly harmless, lie around every corner for a 2 year old.
thanks again, and i'm sorry for your friend's loss. you're a good and compassionate soul to feel the way you do.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #144
Executive Chef

My little grandson just turned 2 and it is certain they have to be watched every minute. They can do some daredevil stunts. I really feel for you receiving bad news like that, but agree with the others that your friend isn't thinking normally at the time. Quite a shock to her, I'm sure.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #145
Executive Chef

Thank you Texas, urmaniac, pds, BT and licia. I really appreciate all of your input/feedback.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #146
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Mish,
I read with great sorrow your post and your friend's letter. Grief overwhelmed me for a while, the lose of a innocent is hard to take. Perhaps your friend needs your support. She and her entire family have my prayers and most positive thoughts at this time.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #147
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Mish,

Elsewhere you said that you are a very private person. That is probably why you could not really understand why your friend wrote all the details of her little boy's tragic death. My life is an open book, and I can definitely understand why she did that. Some of us need to work out our grief within. Others of us (myself included) need to work our grief out in a different way. Telling others what happened is a way for us to work through our grief.

Barbara
Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #148
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksy
Mish,
I read with great sorrow your post and your friend's letter. Grief overwhelmed me for a while, the lose of a innocent is hard to take. Perhaps your friend needs your support. She and her entire family have my prayers and most positive thoughts at this time.
Thank you, Brooksy. I felt as you did (& several others here), when I read it on the internet. I am so sorry for your loss. I "understand" what it is like to lose someone. Recently I learned of a friend passing on. I did not run to the internet and send out emails... it is certainly NOT about being a private person or not understanding.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #149
Everymom

Ah mish, I am sorry to hear the news of that tragedy and of your upset. I do hope you aren't more upset by some of the comments your post has engendered. I think everyone here is trying to help you in their own ways. We all react differently to grief and loss, and sometimes it is difficult to understand why others do as they do.

I hope you feel better soon mish, that is very upsetting news. Big virtual hug to you.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #150
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Mish,

I'm sorry if you thought I was attacking you. I was just saying that some people grieve the way your friend did, by sharing all the details with everyone. Others prefer to keep the details to themselves.

Barbara