"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #1491
Master Chef

thanks Barb, I'll try

Old 05-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #1492
Master Chef

OUCH, Charlie!! Hope you get to feeling good again really soon!!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #1493
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #1494
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
As if this wasnít enough, my gout kick in and last 4-5 days Iím suffering from gout, well if this was not enough this morning I woke up and my right foot big toe hurts.
are you sure it doesn`t hurt BECAUSE of the gout?
this is the same place I have mine also, and during a flare up, I cannot even have a bed sheet on my foot.
I expect you`re already taking allopurinol daily, but do you have any strong NSAIDs to take?
if you don`t, get some from your Doc, Piroxicam (Feldene) is good!

you have my sympathies though, I DO know what it`s like :(

Old 05-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #1495
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
Is there shoulder I can cry into?

After going thru almost 8 month of physical therapy, for my arm, I was feeling great, but 2 weeks ago, playing with one of my daughters she pooled my arm and now, for the last 2 weeks I am in tremendous amount of pain around my elbow. As if this wasnít enough, my gout kick in and last 4-5 days Iím suffering from gout, well if this was not enough this morning I woke up and my right foot big toe hurts. Not sure if it is infection or ingrown nail. BTW, how do you know what it is? How does one find out what to do without going to doctor?
So my whole right side is one big pain now. Iím just really mad about all this. It sucks getting old. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You have my sympathy. With me it is my shoulder, it was doing real good until I bumped into the corner of the wall the other day,( I am doing that all the time ) I am so clumsy. My daughter was over the other day and I was telling her about it, when I walked out of the room she said, mom, you just did it again. My mother had gout, so I know how you are suffering. She had it in her feet , so many times she would have to crawl on her knees, it hurt so bad. I hope and pray that you find some comfort from your pain. JoAnn.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #1496
Master Chef

Well, my youngest stayed home today for his 20th birthday and just called to let me know that my oldest just came and got all of his stuff
I'm so sick. Maybe I should have just given in again and picked him up! I don't know how my mom survived 4 girls. I wish him the best and hope that he made the right decision. I want that day back so badly. It could all be different right now if I had gone and picked him up. I know he has to grow though. He has counted on me all his life to help him. I will continue to do so, with discretion.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #1497
Everymom

texasgirl, is that a hint of guilt and self blame I hear in your words? Don't you go there. You know what you need to do. You drew a line and you're standing by it, good for you! He will always love you and now will respect you more for creating a boundary. It hurts now, and I wish I could hug you to make you feel better, but it will in the long run be a good thing. Hang on girl! Good thoughts and warm hugs coming your way.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #1498
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Well, my youngest stayed home today for his 20th birthday and just called to let me know that my oldest just came and got all of his stuff
I'm so sick. Maybe I should have just given in again and picked him up! I don't know how my mom survived 4 girls. I wish him the best and hope that he made the right decision. I want that day back so badly. It could all be different right now if I had gone and picked him up. I know he has to grow though. He has counted on me all his life to help him. I will continue to do so, with discretion.
My heart goes out to you. As a mom, we have all been there. I agree with Alix. You hang in there. Lots of love and hugs to you.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #1499
Master Chef

How do you do it?? I'm scared to death for him. Everything that has already happened to him and he is hanging out with those low lifes again. I just don't understand!!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #1500
Everymom

You just have to grit your teeth and let go texasgirl. Its the curse of being a parent that you will feel every bump and bruise for the rest of his life. The blessing is that he will recognize your love and sacrifice a little further down the road.

You just keep right on talking to us all, we are here to support you sweetie.

Closed Thread