"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #1511
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirBlue
I don't put anybody's whim's on my clock. But I am flexible. If everybody wants to take a nap and I want to go on a picnic, I just pack up and go with a good book or a magazine. If they are still sleeping when I get back after a hour or two, I just sink in the tub. Sometimes there is still time left to watch a movie.

A woman can get a lot of fashion shopping done during football season!
Amen ! The only way to be !!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #1512
Sous Chef

Been a hard couple of weeks, but today's just the 'It'. One of the boy's in my daughter's class lost his life to Brain cancer. He died last night. I always have death premonitions(as hard as that is for anyone to understand, but it's true) but never know who, but whenever I do, I call my mum and have a little call just to check...just in case. So from last night ,a 10 years' old little boy has lost his dad and so has his 5 years old sister and their mum has lost her DH. So sad. On top of that, my DD's best friend fell and broke her collar bone today in the playground. Had a lot of 'trying to explain life' to my kids and I just ended up in tears which I am not sure helped much. anyhow, I explained why I was upset and continued to explain the mystery of life as best as I can figure it out. I am even more upset that I will be going away to Kenya this Friday the !st June and cannot be there to support everyone. Well at least I got it off my chest.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #1513
Executive Chef

{{{{ Jikoni }}}}

It's so difficult to explain life to the small ones. In fact, it's difficult for adults to understand, in many situations.

I'm sure you said everything right and the children will grasp it to the best of their age. It is too bad that you are leaving town on Friday but by then the kids will probably be fine.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #1514
Chef Extraordinaire

darn, i was gonna beef about some looney who climbed up the george washington bridge this morning, causing it to shut down which made my commute over 2 hours.

but, in light of jikoni's post, it's trivial.

i'm sorry to hear of your woes, jikoni. i hope this all passes quickly for you and your family, and brighter days are ahead.

umm, btw, if you ever dream of me dying, could you pm me asap? i've got a lot of people to thank and tell them i love them.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #1515
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
hi everyone! i've been gone off and on now for a little while,lots has been going on.First i have become a moderator on a canadian freebie site(hats off to all you mods) Finding that can be a challenge-don't always have the time to go on then i feel guilty because i said i would to this...brings me to my "real" job-being a mom..Having so many development issues come up with my 4 year old,starting to feel so overwhelmed and at times (most of the time). I have taken him for some preliminary testing now i have to get in to see a few other doctors..long process.
and if that wasn't enough our dog Norm had to be put down this past weekend due to a tumor in his spleen rupturing and causing bleeding into his stomach he was only 6...and through it all my bf has been out of town working.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #1516
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Well, bh, you certainly have had a lot on your plate. Sounds as though you could use a nice relaxing bubble bath, but it probably isn't in the picture right now in your world.

Just try to take care of yourself and be as patient and relaxed as you can. Count to 10 often and take deep breaths. Then, when your bf comes home, take that bubble bath.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #1517
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
darn, i was gonna beef about some looney who climbed up the george washington bridge this morning, causing it to shut down which made my commute over 2 hours.

but, in light of jikoni's post, it's trivial.

i'm sorry to hear of your woes, jikoni. i hope this all passes quickly for you and your family, and brighter days are ahead.

umm, btw, if you ever dream of me dying, could you pm me asap? i've got a lot of people to thank and tell them i love them.
((Bucky))) don't ever wait to thank someone or tell them you love them- you never know WHO tomorrow may bring and WHO today may leave with-hope you catch my drift.
Love and energy, Vicki
Old 06-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #1518
Everymom

Jikoni, I'm so sorry to hear your news. How very sad for everyone. Virtual hug flying to you and some virtual kleenex too.

babyhuggies, hang in there girl. Let the folks at your other board know that you are going through some personal stuff and I'm sure they will be happy to help cover your duties. Thats how things work here. Real life is ALWAYS more important than the internet. Good luck with your little one, and try not to worry too much or let any "label" change things for you in a negative way. And I'm so so sorry about your puppy. I know how that feels when you lose them too young. It hurts a LOT.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #1519
Master Chef

I am so sorry to hear that jikoni...... my heart goes out to you and the others ((((HUGS))))
Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #1520
Master Chef

I hate cable companies. Comcast called me, telling that they are switching everybody to digital voice, whatever that might be. Ok, fine do it. After they came and change everything I do not have food network. It really is stupid, because this is the only chanel I like to watch. I, guess, they changed some kind of packaging, darn. So no to get food network I'd have to pay 3 times more. Darn.