"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #1531
Sous Chef

I have just one word to say
****SCREAM****
With that I wish you all love and energy,
Vicki
things have been a little rough-sorry

Old 06-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #1532
Everymom

You Ok Vicky?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #1533
Sous Chef

Thank you Alix- I will be fine. There is just alot going on here.Between my son's wedding and my father's 80th surprize party next week and there being so many broken things I just can't fix- there's alot of HIGH emotions among the crowd. Thank you again.Love and energy, Vicki
Old 06-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #1534
Everymom

Ah! I understand that perfectly Vicky. When its all done, go sit in your garden and have a nice cup of tea and celebrate all by yourself.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #1535
Head Chef

dust from sanding will not ruin the finish on your
cabinets ... ahhh .. that feels better ..
Old 06-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #1536
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiQ
and my father's 80th surprize party next week
geez vicki, you'da thought he'd catch on by the 2nd or 3rd time all of the cars were parked in front of the house.

but, i guess if you live that long, you deserve 80 parties.

good luck and congrats on your son's wedding. relax and enjoy it. there'll be lots of love and energy around you from your family, so grab some for yourself.

and love2q, it does if you forget to clean it off before staining or sealing. use an old tooth brush to remove it from corners and little spaces.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
Old 06-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #1537
Chef Extraordinaire

Arggggh,
My DH, since he retired goes to the coffee shop each morning after breakfast and has coffee and a gab fest with some of his cronies..He enjoys it, I enjoy the quiet time so that is fine. BUT,today I left for the grocery shopping early as I had more to do for tomorrow..When I got home, several cars were pulling out of the drive..I carry in the groceries, and my kitchen is upside down and inside out..Seems the fellows were wanting to have a taste of some of the things for tomorrow.Yep a taste, Well they about cleaned out the potatoe salad, Now I'm making more,ate the whole tray of fruit, all the salami cheese, crackers for the coming week for the kids, made coffee, 3 pots, all the baguette sor tomorrow,,,So not only did I have to return to the store, I had to remake the fruit tray, potatoe salad and re-buy things for next week..Then before I could start any of this, I had to re-load the dish washer, turn off the oven, they wanted to make ceese, salami on the baguette..Right now, I'm still at KILL mode..DH, was happy as a clam feeding his buddies, one of the last to leave remarked that DH sure was a fine cook!!!!!!!! OH yes, the final smack in the face, WE invited several of the widowers over tomorrow so they wont be alone...
Now, guess who just asked whats for dinner? Think I should tell him?
kadesma
Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #1538
Sous Chef

Gosh I hate the dentist (sorry to any dentists that we have at DC, it's not the person, it's just..ugh!!) !!!
Went there a couple of weeks back and they say that I have a cavity (never had one before) and that I have to go back and get it filled.
I completely freak out when I go there anyway and now they have to numb my mouth and fill a tooth (or whatever they do while they're in there ).
god It makes me shudder just to think about going there
anyone have any suggestions on what to do to take your mind off where you are? i've heard of bringing in an mp3 or something like that.

Live Strong
Old 06-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #1539
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Sweetheart, just chill and try to relax. You might be in only a few minutes. It all depends on how extensive the filling will be. You say you haven't had to have a filling before, so chances are your visit will be quite problem free.

Just keep brushing and flossing regularly and you will avoid further filling experiences.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #1540
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
You say you haven't had to have a filling before, so chances are your visit will be quite problem free.
gosh I hope so!!
thx!

Live Strong
Closed Thread