Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's very good advice,CJ, make them responsible...it's our jobs to teach them that anyway if we can..........a dollar everytime they light up........woohoo..........I should charge my daughter everytime she debates with me........I'd be rich.......

I think that's very good advice,CJ, make them responsible...it's our jobs to teach them that anyway if we can..........a dollar everytime they light up........woohoo..........I should charge my daughter everytime she debates with me........I'd be rich.......
Nah--she'd probably just talk you out of it! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

My vent is ME! I'm bad enough about doing any housework when I'm by myself, but I have always had a problem doing it if someone is around! Part of my problem right now is that James wants company (and I want to give him that company), but mostly it is just me (20% him/80% me). There are some things that have to be done! I had this big (well, probably medium, but it seemed big to me) project planned for today. There was all this junk (mostly clothes, but lots of other stuff too) all over the dresser top. I got it all off (and onto the bed). I told James that the dresser top is no longer going to be a place for clutter. I was going to put away, throw away, and give away all the clothes and do the same with all the rest of the stuff. I got started, and then I went into the living room to take my medicine, and James went and got pizza and hotwings. As you have probably already guessed, I never made it back into the bedroom. So now the job that should have been a medium-sized one is bigger (James put it all in a big tub to get it off of the bed). I also ended up not reading my Bible and daily devotional yesterday because of all that, and that really makes me mad at me.

Well, it is 7:10 a.m., and I haven't been to bed yet (that is another of my vents--we have to change our sleeping habits SOON), so I'd better head that way.

:)Barbara

Gosh, Barbs, you sound like me......my nights and days are all mixed up........12 hour time difference betw KZ and Houston and I don't help matters by sleeping during the day...............but I'm just so tired I can't help it........I can't stand clutter either.......drives me nuts.............and my husband loves to spread his junk across then entire dresser........I patiently put them in neat piles on his end he NEVER gets the hint........oh, and I forgot to mention the 3 sci-fi books he usually has going at once...........just stack them, that's all I ask..........

I had to laugh my head off at your comment that my daughter would talk me out of charging her for debating with me.........you are so right........:):) I'd be the one ending up paying HER not to debate with me.........hahaha

MIl finally passed away on Tuesday - we've been expecting it but it's still sad. Ironically it was on the same day that my mom had her tumor removed so in a way I'm so glad that my mom's (hopefully) going to be OK but feel guilty being happy because Adrienne's mom didn't survive the same illness. This whole thing is just so unsettling for me - after 13 years together our mothers gets diagnosed with brain tumors within months of each other. MIL passes away the same day my mom gets operated on successfully and her funeral is the day of Adrienne's birthday(tomorrow)
Anyway I'm digressing (and depressing you all -sorry) - in times like this it's amazing how your friends react - I've heard nothing from a friend who I've always seen as one of my closest friends who I last spoke to when my mom was diagnosed - not a call. mail or sms to find out how it's going - that made me sad. On the other hand I've had more casual friends who have been in contact so regularly to find out how it's going and being really caring which is great. Anyway I suppose what I mean to say is that you realise who your true friends are in times of crisis.

So sorry to hear your sad news, Tanya.........yeah, you do find out who your real friends are after any crisis.......sorry that she wasn't there to offer you comfort---maybe something came up for her as well that you don't know about......some people distance themselves from hospitals and bad news....but you have us and you know us by now..........DC sticks by their members thru good times and bad times........hope that you and Adrienne get thru this latest sadness........all my hugs coming your way...........<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>debs

Thanks expatgirl - I must say that DC turned out to be much more than just a cooking forum :) My husband is having a couple of drinks with his brother to ease the pain as he doesn't talk about his feelings at all - not healthy but if that's the way he deals with it at the moment so be it. My friends are all busy with their husbands and kids.
But at least I can chat with my DC friends :)

leave him alone, Tanya. glad that his brother is with him........my DH is the same way..........they have their own ways of dealing with pain and loss.......he'll be fine and yes, it is healthy having a few drinks with your bro and reminiscing......I promise........at our ages we have dealt with many personal losses.........he'll be fine

just sorry that you're alone right now......I had a feeling of such loss when my mother in law passed away a year ago..........she had been my guiding light for about 35 years and never once interfered at all.........she was wonderful.....and gave me such great advice as well as teaching me how to cook..........I still miss her.........

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law. I will be praying for the family.

I am so sick I cannot stand it. I think I have the flu, but it could possibly be food poisoning. As I said, I think it is the flu. I am sore all over, especially my legs and my head. My normal temperature is 97.6 but is running as high as 101.3. I was up too late, as usual, but even staying up until sunrise I am usually up by noon. I was totally conked out until after 4:00 p.m. (just waking up to go to the bathroom--walking there really hurts). James brought me my medicine, glasses, book, remotes for the TV, fan, and CD player, and my laptop. I had to turn the fan down because even the air hitting my legs hurts. I hurt too badly to leave the bed. I will leave DC on but will probably not post a lot. It's about all I can do to read a little and then sleep more.

:(Barbara

Barbara I hope you feel better soon, DH and I were both sick like that on Chrstmas Day!

Tanya I'm verry sorry about your MIL it must be very difficult.... I've been following along but not saying anything because I never know what to say to even try to help someone feel better....
Maybe your friend has the same issue? I hope so....

Jeez. I don't check this thread hardly ever.
So let me say I'm sorry about your MIL TanyaK.
Loss is loss, no matter what the relationship.
And don't feel guilty about your mom. We can not choose when God needs us. And we'll always feel it's not the right time. Prayers for you and your DH, today, and for the funeral tomorrow.

B.L., I hope you feel better soon. Flu or food poisoning, not good. But force yourself to keep hydrated. You need to flush out all the baddies as much as possible. Plus it
helps keep your fever down.

Thanks! I have 2 big bottles of water with me, and I am drinking as much as I can. I rarely ever get really sick. When I do, it really takes its toll on me. We're trying to get ready to go on vacation, and I want to be completely over this.

tanya, honey, I'm so sorry about mil. she at peace now and you dh will get through it with you and his siblings. god bless

Barbara, drink all the fluids you can. I take Zicam liquid when I get sick, and it kicks it right out. I do daytime and nightime. Works wonders for me, I hope it will for you, if you try it. Get some rest.

Thanks! I have 2 big bottles of water with me, and I am drinking as much as I can. I rarely ever get really sick. When I do, it really takes its toll on me. We're trying to get ready to go on vacation, and I want to be completely over this.

Barb,
get some tea and toast in you and stay in that bed..If you aren't better in several days call the doc or go to the er..Good Lord girl rest for a change Please!!!
love ya
kades

MIl finally passed away on Tuesday - we've been expecting it but it's still sad. Ironically it was on the same day that my mom had her tumor removed so in a way I'm so glad that my mom's (hopefully) going to be OK but feel guilty being happy because Adrienne's mom didn't survive the same illness. This whole thing is just so unsettling for me - after 13 years together our mothers gets diagnosed with brain tumors within months of each other. MIL passes away the same day my mom gets operated on successfully and her funeral is the day of Adrienne's birthday(tomorrow)
Anyway I'm digressing (and depressing you all -sorry) - in times like this it's amazing how your friends react - I've heard nothing from a friend who I've always seen as one of my closest friends who I last spoke to when my mom was diagnosed - not a call. mail or sms to find out how it's going - that made me sad. On the other hand I've had more casual friends who have been in contact so regularly to find out how it's going and being really caring which is great. Anyway I suppose what I mean to say is that you realise who your true friends are in times of crisis.
You surely have had your hand full..I'm so sorry that all I can do is tell you I understand and offer you good thoughts and prayers..Your friend who hasn't called or written..She just might be unsure of what to say..For some it's so hard to speak up ..We are afraid of saying the wrong thing and hurting you..Then again this as hard as it is shows us who our true friends really are.Hugs,good thoughts and prayers for all of you in your time of sorrow.
kadesma

Barbs, keep your butt in bed......that's where it belongs..........and you need to be getting some rest, too.......Dr. Debs says it certainly sounds like the flu, too, esp. with the aches and pains and fever..........and Zicam is the most wonderful product ever.........and lots of vitamin C, and zinc, and echinacea also are helpfull.......there all products out there with all 3 combined.......stay in BED!!!!

I hate doctors sometimes!! The ER and Cardiologist were WRONG! I just wanna cry! I have CHF after all. Totally reversable and not severe, thank god!! The new doc calculated my weight gain, now at 204, to be approx 2 lbs a week of fluid gain a week for the last 5 months or longer, since feb. is when I saw cardiologist. He TICKED that my BP and pitting was never addressed for underlying causes. It was pretty much just chalked up to me being fat and that is it. I am overweight to begin with, but, now, obese as I am 5'3"!! I am on meds now too. Still on Coreg, now on Lasix and Klor-Con.
PLEASE let this work!!!
Stacy, I'm so sorry. This must scare you to death. As far as weight gain, don't be surprised if you drop 20+ pounds in the next week or 2. When my brother was diagnosed with CHF, he was in the hospital and dropped 42 pounds in 1 week - all fluid!

Now, girlfriend, I'm talking to you like a mom. Today is the day you have to start putting yourself first until you get this under control. Be clear with your family that you are now fighting for your life. Don't downplay this, because it's serious business and your family loves you very much and will come through for you. Yes, you can reverse it but not if you don't take serious steps to care for yourself. That means preparing foods that you have to eat to get healthy, even if it's not what hubby and sons like or are used to. If they want something else, they can step up and make it for now. Also, you need to have ample time for your exercise program. Once your heart has been struggling, it's vital that you strengthen your heart muscle again. So no more trying to work in exercise between cooking and cleaning. You come first right now. I'm saying this because I think it will be the hardest change of all for you - learning to say no.

You are really important here, too, and we don't want anything happening to one of our own. So if you need help, here's the place to come. And a big hug from me to you.

Stacy, I'm so sorry. This must scare you to death. As far as weight gain, don't be surprised if you drop 20+ pounds in the next week or 2. When my brother was diagnosed with CHF, he was in the hospital and dropped 42 pounds in 1 week - all fluid!

Now, girlfriend, I'm talking to you like a mom. Today is the day you have to start putting yourself first until you get this under control. Be clear with your family that you are now fighting for your life. Don't downplay this, because it's serious business and your family loves you very much and will come through for you. Yes, you can reverse it but not if you don't take serious steps to care for yourself. That means preparing foods that you have to eat to get healthy, even if it's not what hubby and sons like or are used to. If they want something else, they can step up and make it for now. Also, you need to have ample time for your exercise program. Once your heart has been struggling, it's vital that you strengthen your heart muscle again. So no more trying to work in exercise between cooking and cleaning. You come first right now. I'm saying this because I think it will be the hardest change of all for you - learning to say no.

You are really important here, too, and we don't want anything happening to one of our own. So if you need help, here's the place to come. And a big hug from me to you.

Thank you!
:cry: Little scared about it, but, he said it isn't severe and is completely reversible as long as I do what he says and stay on the meds and this healing diet. Its strict:( too! I can have any of the good stuff anymore:angel: well, good to my mouth, bad for body. Now I know the reason for the swelling { even in face, hands and stomach} chest pain, fatigue, all of it! I never really looked at what CHF is until now. I knew some of it from what people told me to look at with what I was doing, but, desn't really matter until you are told you have it. I don't have coughing other than a little every once in a while, no phlegm at all. The breathing is only someitmes. I can walk 10's and get tired, other times, I can walk a mile, no problem. This too shall pass, right? I will get better and never be on meds again and lose weight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom