"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #1571
Head Chef

Whats your Beef ??

I bring this up only because it has been a busy week for me and then when I have time to sit and check my emails etc I final said what is wrong with people. Frustrating sooo... Heres my Beef:

People who foward emails to others without deleting the list of people previous, so you have to go down a mile of everyone one in the world that has had it foward to get to what they sent and then find out it was somthing stupid that you could of delete instantly.

what gets to you?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #1572
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Work giving me a second week of vacation then telling me I wasn't entitled to it and now they don't want to pay me for it !

Old 09-15-2007, 02:23 AM   #1573
DC Grandma

I agree Letscook. It is so easy to copy and paste..I hate to see everyone's e-mail address.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #1574
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie View Post
Work giving me a second week of vacation then telling me I wasn't entitled to it and now they don't want to pay me for it !
That blows middie! I feel your pain. My boss owes me commissions dating back to the begining of June! I am about to the point of telling them,"I will come back in when you have my pay.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #1575
Assistant Cook

my beef is with certain unforgivable con artists on ebay,who take your money and don't send the goods!!!Then un register themselves so you can't contact them.This just happened to me and my husband and we are absaloutly fumeing!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #1576
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
same happened to me Jellybean, for over 50 quid with some git in Hong Kong!
paypal wont touch it either, so now I gotta try my credit card company instead.

so yeah, I`m with ya on that one too.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #1577
Cook

How many am I allowed to name?

At the moment, it is the lack of printer and copier etiquette where I work; I came in to do some reports today and hit "print", walked to the printer down the hall (because the one in my office has been out of commission for months and God forbid they should either fix it or just get it out of here, but I guess that's another beef...) and it didn't print because there was no paper in the printer! We have 2 admin assistants and they have been admonished by our director, assistant director and their own supervisor to make sure there is paper in the printer and copier before they leave each day.

Later, I went to copy something and someone had left pink paper in the copier! Now, if the copier had been checked for paper like it is supposed to be yesterday, the pink paper should've been removed. Plus, whoever used it should've taken it out after they were done, anyway. I once had something of an argument with someone who was printing multiple copies of address labels and didn't bother telling us to hold off printing until she was done. Yep, not only did my stuff get printed on to labels, but this woman was upset with me because of the cost of the wasted labels. Um, and that was my fault why???

Okay, vent finished, feeling better...
Old 09-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #1578
Executive Chef

My beef is reading the US Government's website about "Fiancee's Visas" Now I find out I cannot have known him for more than 2 years. Poking pins in my eyes is easier than what I will have to go through.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #1579
Head Chef

Loprraine, sounds like my daughter's dilemma. She is trying to get a visa to stay in England with her bf. Anyway my beef is....calling for tech support and spending 45 minutes just to get to the right person. And those tunes I had to listen to AUGHHH!!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #1580
Master Chef

Agree about the email forwarding, it is not that hard to delete all the 8 million addresses that it was forwarded to before. Plus when sending emails to multiple individuals, I hide the addresses.

My beef is with freakin cell phones... (and I work for one) just seems people seem to be less interested what is in the world than what is on that darned phone!!!! Incessently checking every 2 seconds to see if someone texted them or if they can find someone to call.... (as they drive or whatever) jeeze louise!

OH.... the folks that block the whole grocery aisle with their cart.