Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hang on Dina, it will be okay. They are all in a new school, BUT, they have the same friends, right? That alone will help them.
I remember my youngest first day, oh lord, I can laugh now. I was ready to cry, but, guess what, HE's the one that cried. He wouldn't go in the room at all, lol. It took a good 45 minutes for him to settle down and watch what was going on. Once he calmed down and saw the others coloring and the teacher talking to them, he SLOWLY went in with her and looked back at me and waved. Man, by the time I left, I was just happy to get outta there, lol. He came home and was non stop chatter for the rest of the day telling me about his new friends and what they did that day. He was ready to go back, lol. That lasted about 1/2 the year, lol.

...He was ready to go back, lol. That lasted about 1/2 the year, lol.
Around Thanksgiving, Nancy said she had learned enough! LOL Fortunately she loved school (she was--still is--a social butterfly, needed to be with her friends) and she didn't become a kindergarten drop-out!

:)Barbara

Oh it's so hard Kades. I can't stop crying right now. Just dropped him off and couldn't stop hugging and kissing him. I made sure he was situated in the classroom before I left him. I had to rush out, I might add, because I needed to drop off my daughter at school too. As much as I tried to make her feel at ease (because she is starting middle school) she was shaking from nerves. Justin was also starting high school. Thank God for husbands as he took care of him today. They're all in a new school, new surroundings and teachers. I'm feeling all the anxiety and nerves for all of them. Sigh! I will be okay. I just need a moment to take it all in.
Before you know it, it will be time to go pick him up and then the others will come bursting in to tell you about their day...Just wait mom, the smiles will come as soon as the babies come home...I know how you feel, I'm a little teary this morning because Cade was here last night and wanted to stay but couldn't and left crying..so do a few thing around the house and get ready for your babies to come home..Got any cookies and milk?;)
kades

Thank you for your comfort Barb and Stacy. I love you guys. I'm better now. Talked to Mom on the phone and she also said everything will be alright. Hopefully, I will start getting some calls from the school to substitute and be closer to my little one. I will let you all know how my kiddos did on their first day of school later. I've got some errands to do and catch up on cleaning up the house.

Why is it...

Every time hubby cooks his eggs, it stinks up the house and makes me nauseous but when I cook eggs , the house does not stink and I don't get nauseous ? He likes his eggs sunny side up, when I cook eggs, it is usually scrambled, or an omelet. He uses olive oil , I use butter. Right now the house reeks . :sick: It's not bad oil because I've use the oil in other cooking.

It might be because no matter what he does you're going to have that reaction :LOL:

hmm I wonder. It happens only when he cooks those eggs . Why he is cooking now when he had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Not only that, he got the frying pan I threw out , said he didn't feel like looking under the cabinet for the other fry pan. :rolleyes:

hmm I wonder. It happens only when he cooks those eggs . Why he is cooking now when he had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Not only that, he got the frying pan I threw out , said he didn't feel like looking under the cabinet for the other fry pan. :rolleyes:

here I go again! what kind of frying pan do you like best? I have cast iron one that is starting to get VERY old and I want different one. Tell me what you prefer and I will get it. Not one with coating on it though.

Before you know it, it will be time to go pick him up and then the others will come bursting in to tell you about their day...Just wait mom, the smiles will come as soon as the babies come home...I know how you feel, I'm a little teary this morning because Cade was here last night and wanted to stay but couldn't and left crying..so do a few thing around the house and get ready for your babies to come home..Got any cookies and milk?;)
kades
Christopher seemed a bit tired when I picked him up from school so he didn't talk too much. He did mention that he liked his kinder class and the teacher was nice. Later, he told my daughter that he wanted to cry when I left him there but he held back so he wouldn't be embarrassed. He fell asleep in the car during the time I was picking up my son from high school and daughter from middle school. Poor baby. It will take him some time to get used to the new schedule. The older kiddos loved their teachers and classes. My daughter seems the most excited about her classes ~ she's always loved school. No more nerves for them, I hope. I did have the cookies and milk ready for them and that made it all better.

Christopher seemed a bit tired when I picked him up from school so he didn't talk too much. He did mention that he liked his kinder class and the teacher was nice. Later, he told my daughter that he wanted to cry when I left him there but he held back so he wouldn't be embarrassed. He fell asleep in the car during the time I was picking up my son from high school and daughter from middle school. Poor baby. It will take him some time to get used to the new schedule. The older kiddos loved their teachers and classes. My daughter seems the most excited about her classes ~ she's always loved school. No more nerves for them, I hope. I did have the cookies and milk ready for them and that made it all better.
Poor baby he expended so much energy trying not to cry and then having to learn the do's and don'ts. give him a couple of days and he will get the hang of it and things will change...Then he will be a chatter box and not fall asleep because there will be so much to share..And kudo's to you for the milk and cookies, you are a great mom..Now relax , give yourself a hug and smile ya got through the day..And so did the kids

kades:)

The smell is most likly coming from the egg white part being cooked. I know when I heat up egg whites at work or over cook them at home they kidna stink.

Have him lover the heat to alittel bit higher then medium. make the pan hot. with the little bit of oil (i prefer butter) dump in the egg and if the top he is looking tocook he can cover it to cook the top part.

eggs again

:sick:hubby is making his smelly eggs again.. I watched him trying to flip the eggs over and of course he missed and made a mess. I never saw anyone flipping sunny side up eggs over in one flip , you know , flipping the pan ?
He should stick to using a spatula.

:sick:hubby is making his smelly eggs again.. I watched him trying to flip the eggs over and of course he missed and made a mess. I never saw anyone flipping sunny side up eggs over in one flip , you know , flipping the pan ?
He should stick to using a spatula.

Being male I should probably keep my mouth shut....and I will!:rolleyes:

So yesterday was open house for my son's 3rd grade class.
We had a short parent's meeting, and among topincs the teacher tells us that sometime during the year they will switch the kids from chairs to those big exercise balls.... like they are doing in some offices.... they tested it last year in a few classes and it went "great".
Is this not asking for some kids (like mine that can't sit still... where'd he get that from???:angel::whistling) to get into trouble? Just because the schools of this day and age seems to think it is thier job to get the overweight kids more exercise?????
Yes I am aware discipline is needed and he is disciplined PLENTY......

Then she goes on to tell us that teachers, due to funding for more personnell, are going to have to monitor playground and lunch themselves, rather than the helpers hired by the district..... leaving no "extra" time to stay behind with a kid needing catch up help.
Excuse me?
Amid all these computers and wireless headsets she is speaking on, exercise balls they've purchased, gizmos and gadjets galore..... they have no money in the school system for people? Wonder why? :ermm:
I'm sorry but I think I learned quite well with pencils and paper....
THis has me really upset. Can ya tell?
I could go on..... but I will be shutting up now.

Not all scorpions a poisonous. We have what's called wood scorpions around here. They are not real big & the sting feels like a bad bee sting. I've been stung before but it's always a shock!

I think I need to whole bottle!:LOL:

I thought so too (poisonous scorpions) until I was stung by one in Texas. I felt fine until they told me " You should be okay, but if you start to feel sick, you need to go to the hospital" Wouldn't you know it, as soon as they said that I started to feel sick!

My Vent - House Buying - What a Headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom